thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1. Anything by John Kricfalusci (ie Ren & Stimpy, The George Liquor American Project, The Ripping Friends)
2. The Maxx
3. Old WB Cartoons (Looney Tunes & Merry Melodies)
4. Superman (Fleischer Bros. version, c. 1930)
5. Rocco's Modern Life
6. Anything by Mainframe (Reboot, WeirdOs, Beast Wars/Beasties, Shadow Planets/Raiders, etc.)
7. Invader Zim
8. Anything by Mike Judge (Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill, Daria [only by association])
9. The Tick
10. Home Movies & Homestar Runner (only because TMBG worked with them)

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my all time favorites were

1) Ulysses 31
2) Dungeons and Dragons
3) Battle of the Planets
4) Thundercats
5) Danger Mouse

smile.gif

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The original Turtles (not that extremly bad remakes)
Smurfs
He-Man
SheRa
Thundercats
Ghostbusters
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Looney Toons
Rugrats
"Biene Maja" (no clue how its called in English) ... maybe Maya the Bee ?
Marshal Bravestar
Bionic Five ? or was it Four ?
Saber Rider
ALF (well i liked the cartoon even more than the real series)
"Comic Stars Gegen Drogen" well not a series and no clue if there is an English version but this movie is the best !!!
Inspector Gadget
"David der Kabauter"
Super Mario ^^
Chip & Chap
Alfred Jodokus Quack
"Es war einmal das Leben"
Paulchen Panter / Pink Panter
Calimero
Heathcliff

hope there is no Anime in the list oO
just found out sooooo many of the "good" cartoon series were actually Anime ... (hardly ever like the american cartoons like all those marvel stuff)

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thaddius said:
2. The Maxx
8. Anything by Mike Judge (Beavis & Butthead, King of the Hill, Daria [only by association])

how did i forget about the maxx?! that was a really good show, the head too.

also, funny thing about daria. folklore says that mike judge did not know about the show until a couple years after it started airing. i find it hard to believe, but it is plausible i guess.

also, thank you, gameboy13, you reminded me of foster's haha.

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love cartoons!!!
biggrin.gif

But wow a top 20... ,20 is a lot but let's seeee
(they are not in the correct order since I find it hard to see what I like over the other, only 1-3 are in good order)

1. Flaaaapjaaaack
rofl.gif

2. Family Guy
3. Spongebob Squarebutt
4. Dexter
5. Swatcats (
frown.gif
I miss those)
6. Oh yeah
biggrin.gif
Samurai Pissa Cats!!

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameboy13 said:
I don't really have 20, but here's five:

1) Invader Zim
2) Ren and Stimpy
3) Avatar: The Last Airbender
4) Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
5) Looney Toons

Allow me to rip your heart out.

fosters_final_episode.jpg

Told ya.

Pyonkotchi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
top twenty? not top twenty but my tops

in no particular order ...

- Dexter's Laboratory
- The Powerpuff Girls
- Johnny Bravo
- The Fairly Odd Parents
- Kappa Mikey
- Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends
- Spongebob Squarepants
- Invader Zim
- Rugrats
- Every Disney animated film ever O3O

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't think I can get to twenty but here are my personal faves:

- Tom and Jerry, provided they never speak.
- Top Cat
- Fairly Odd Parents. I regret nothing!
- Anything Sonic the Hedgehog related, especially the old 'Adventures of' series, of which I have every episode on DVD.
- South Park
- Family Guy
- American Dad
- What little I've watched of The Cleveland Show

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Phineas and Ferb :3
Spongebob
Tom and Jerry
Loony Toons
Family Guy
Scooby Doo
Rugrats
Recess
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
EDIT: Fairly Odd Parents! I forgot
tongue.gif

my favs :3
(but not in any particular order)

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don`t know if I can remember 20 right now but here I go...

He-Man
Saber Rider
Simpsons
Galaxy Rangers
90s TMNT
Futurama
Treasure Island (I love this cartoon and even though it was made in Japan I don`t consider it anime,,,)
Thundercats
Racoons
Smurfs
Samurai Pizza Cats
Batman: TAS
Pinky and the Brain
Darkwing Duck

Don`t know, I bet there are many more but I can`t remember.

The 90s were great cartoon-wise
biggrin.gif

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
CrimzonEyed said:
Anime and cartoon are the same
No they are different species. Cartoons are generally American and have a very different drawing style compared to 'anime'.
While anime has to (usually) look like an, well, an anime, a cartoon's art style could be anything. I believe that the anime "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt", was obviously inspired by the american cartoon "Powerpuff Girls".

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
This is my kind of topic!
tongue.gif

Though I don't think my standards are flexible enough to allow twenty whopping cartoons into my all-time favorites list.

Here we go, in no particular order...

-Spongebob Squarepants (Seasons 1, 2, and 3, plus the "'Fear of a Krabby Patty' + 'Shell of a Man'" half-hour block)

This series, despite it being a shell of its former self today, has redefined what a modern cartoon is. I love it for its delightful sense of humor, not relying on popular culture or crude humor like so many other animated series do. Its jokes are all its own, using its alluring undersea setting, ingenious premises, and simply letting the characters' personalities run the show. It's all great stuff, and though many have tried, no other series of its kind have come close to the oodles of personality that this show was renowned for. Watch it, buy it, pirate it, whatever. The first three seasons of this show are a true testament to animation as an art form, and simply must be watched.

-Chowder

Following Spongebob's writing staff reconstruction (and resulting quality downturn), many of the old writers of the series called it quits to work on their own projects. One was "Chowder", created by Spongebob veteran C.H. Greenblatt. The show's roots are evident, and nearly captures the same sort of magic, while having its own, more kid-friendly appeal.It is a bit tamer than the yellow sponge's constant barrage of hilarity, but its distinct art style to its colorful (literally) characters make "Chowder" a short-lived winner. Following the series' cancellation, Greenblatt began working with a new series, "Fish Hooks". I'm quite curious as to how that show will fare, especially considering it's on the Disney Channel.

-The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

This curious little show seemingly came out of nowhere, and hit viewers of Cartoon Network like a brick wall. The show is, quite simply, indescribable in words. But if I were to attempt, I'd say it were a delicious blend of weird-out tactics, visual humor, and charming characters, all delivered in a fashion that just shows how much fun the writers were having in making this outrageous series. Simply Image-Googling "Flapjack" will result in a cornucopia of assorted cute, weird, disturbing, and downright hilarious facial expressions delivered by the titular character. This cartoon would be nothing without its amazingly kooky art style. Seriously, check this one out, starting by searching for all its best moments on Youtube (I suggest "Flapjack creepy old man").

-The Emperor's New Groove
Out of all the Disney animated films, I really really REALLY wish this one would get more recognition. While other Disney cartoon movies are notorious for their conservative, generic character designs and their tendency to take themselves much too seriously (with some exceptions, of course), this rip-roaring good time of a movie is pure, zany cartoon goodness that never takes itself too seriously. If you've made the grave mistake of dismissing this as yet another kid cash-in piece of trash, kindly stop being an idiot and pick this up immediately.

-Adventure Time
Featuring the eccentric Pen Ward as its creator, this avant-garde series is a wonderful marriage of a cartoon and the very definition of "whimsical". The series is an unending cannonade of nerd culture, bright, cutesy colors, zany, abstract chiptune music, and characters and settings well beyond "acid trip" calibur. Throw in a devoted, colorful internet fanbase, and you've got a cartoon that can be compared to no other. Watch this one, if not only for curiosity's sake, not to mention to keep up on all the quotes that will inevitably be spouted by fans of this series.

I'll write more later, as there's so much I haven't covered. (90's Nickelodeon, anyone?)

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not in particular order

-South Park
-Drawn Together
-Megas XLR
-Futurama
-Family Guy
-Cow & Chicken
-The grim adventures of Billy & Mandy
-Kids next door
-Samurai Jack

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG I JUST REMEMBERED

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!
love it it's like a religion xD

EDIT:

Vulpes Abnocto said:
Allow me to rip your heart out.

fosters_final_episode.jpg

Told ya.

frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ex if I wanted too I could ruin her entire life, I still have about 20GBs of data