Gaming Your top 5 Final Fantasy games

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Tikker said:
anyone that puts FF8, or 10 in the top 5 FF games really needs their heads examined

Or perhaps needs to play some more FF.
Also, nobody asked for your criticism.

I liked FFX. The ending sucked but the rest was fine IMO.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Top five? Heck, I've only played five of them.

You young whippersnappers and yer' fancy schmancy limit breaks addle my old mind.

1: Final Fantasy Tactics
2: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
3: Final Fantasy 3 (DS)
4: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates
5: Final Fantasy (1)

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tikker said:
anyone that puts FF8, or 10 in the top 5 FF games really needs their heads examined
You need your head examined for saying that.

(I see you still haven't stopped trolling since your R4 forum days...
dry.gif
)

@Xcalibur: I loved the ending to FFX. One of the few game endings that has ever made me teary eyed.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
1. FFIX
2. FFX
3. Final Fantasy Legend III (I know its really a SaGa game but in NA it was a FF game)
4. Final Fantasy Adventure (I know its really a Mana game but in NA it was a FF game)
5. FFVI

I never liked FFVII and never played any others.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow Sony did it's media marketing well and this thread shows it. It seems more or less by age group you can see where the 'best' come into play (especially those only voting for FF7 or stuff of that era up top.)

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ackers said:
Tikker said:
You need your head examined for saying that.

(I see you still haven't stopped trolling since your R4 forum days...

8&10 were probably the poorest of the mainstream FF series

for all the young'uns out there tho, I can kinda understand how the original ones don't seem as appealing. you really had to experience them back when they were the best games out there to appreciate them for how much better they were than anything else

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1. Final Fantasy 5 SNES
2. Final Fantasy 6 SNES
3. Final Fantasy Tactics PS1
4. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 PSP (Despite the slot system, I really appreciated Square's take on fast paced Final Fantasy as an ARPG)
5. Final Fantasy Adventure (a.k.a. Mystic Quest) GB

My cousin brough SNES and FF5 from Japan. While I had NES I don't think I played any FF on it.
FF5 was the very first FF. I self-taught Japanese just to play FF5, I beat it over dozen times and still remember which chest holds what items and how the map looks and such.

Since 3 first introduced the job system, I'd like to put it up there but I didn't have as much fun as 5. Due to 5's job system's absolute superiority (except for Onion Knight
tongue.gif
)

I was gonna put 10 up there too, since the black mage (Lulu) is one of my favorite characters. But I figured that'd be too much fanboyish.

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Final Fantasy 6 \
>Tie, best of the old gen and a throwback to all of the old gen...i cant choose
2. Final Fantasy 9 /
3. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
4. Final Fantasy 1(NES)
5. Dirge of Cerberus...............just kidding....
smile.gif

real 5. Final Fantasy Tactics

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1.FFVI - Kefka is just eeeevvvviiillll!
2.FFVII - I liked it because of the twisted experiments.

In no particular order:
3.FFIV - I just love it, so obviously, I'll be getting the DS remake!
4.FFTA - I love SRPGs, plus, the story isn't half bad.
5.FFIX - Just plain awesome!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I have taste and can realize that the 2D ones have just as much value if not more than the more recent showpieces...sticking to the numbered games I'd put it hmm...

FF4(SNES/GBA/...and soon to be DS hopefully)
FF9
FF3(DS ver, famicom ugh)
FF6(SNES/GBA)
FF1(GBA and PSX versions)

The list in the last 3 spots is kind of a rough call. I really did like FF5 on the SNES a decade ago, but I didn't like it enough to finish it again on PSX or GBA as the system is tiring and the last 1/3 of the game the bosses are just the suck having to be so specifically setup to win or you get worked which is lame. FF2(GBA ver only, famicom ugh) I really loved the story and the adaptive leveling (without punishment on GBA) made it pretty cool.

I didn't list 7 as I didn't like it enough to finish more than 2/3 before being bored with it, and FF8 was just awful. FF10 I did like 90% of but stopped before hitting Samarkand at the end. While it was pretty and the story was ok, it felt more like Phantasy Star to me and the sphere system pissed me off. FF11 I won't play as it's a monthly blackmail charge to play, and FF12 I have no time on as I haven't a PS2 anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy...