I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, as some of you might know the TI Calculators have the ability to make and run TI Basic programs. So when on the bus I get really bored and I make programs for it.

So what this topic is for is to post any TI Basic programs you've written.

Rules:
1. No assembly programs
2. BBC Basic programs are allowed
3. If you didn't make the program then say who did
4. Give a short description of the program and a picture if possible
5. Make sure it's compatible with TI-83+, 84+, and 84 SE (regular 83 compatibility gets you bonus points).

Note: I posted this here and not in computer systems because calculators aren't technically full blown computer systems.

My Programs:

1. Scrolling Menu
screen01ix.png

A menu I made yesterday when I was bored. I meant to add scrolling animation, but got lazy and just made the arrows change sizes. You can use this in your programs as a menu if you want. You can work it so your main program runs this program, and you edit this program to return a basic number which your main program will then handle. Or you could just embed this program in your main program. I know it's a little messy but I made it in about 15 minutes
tongue.gif

Also, the options for this menu are stored in a string. What I do to show them is use the sub command to get every 5 letters of the string, which will be the options. If you want to add in an option that's longer that 5 letters all you have to do is make some minor adjustments to accommodate that.

2. Coordinate Adjuster
screen02d.png

Whenever you put text on the screen with the text() command (which is far superior to the puny Output() command) you have to put in exact coordinates for the placement of your text. With this program you can visually move the string across the screen and get instant feedback on the coordinates of the string. You can change what the string says (press enter), change the movement factor (press alpha), and swap between large font and small font (press mode). Then upon exiting the program the coordinates of the string will be places in a list named PXL (press 2nd).

3. Somewhat-Advanced 2-column and Number Based Menu
screen03qm.png

The name is a mouthful, I know. This menu is my crown jewel so to speak. Basically it's an alternative to the standard Menu() command which relies heavily on Lbl's and Goto commands which can cause memory leaks if not used carefully. So this menu features the same standard method where if you press the number next to the option it will choose that option, and it can support more options on one page (the standard menu command only supports 7 options and one column with no scrolling). This code only uses one Lbl/Goto command and that's to return to the main menu. Anyways, this menu should be able to support about 10-12 options without scrolling, but once you go past 10 options you'll have to get creative with what buttons you have to push to choose that option (0-9 buttons and then maybe start using the , and () buttons).

On top of this the menu comes with a game demo that features a nice saving/loading system. It's pretty basic. While using the program the temporary data is stored in the TEM list, then when you save the sum of the TEM list data (minus the first entry) is stored in it's first index. Then TEM is then stored in the SAV list which is then archived, and TEM is then promptly deleted. Then when loading a save, if the sum of the data does not equal the original sum made when saving then the program will automatically make a new save and tell you the save was corrupted. Obviously you can make a more advanced "encryption" that might involve secret hash keys and random numbers, but I wanted to keep it simple.

As with the scrolling menu: "You can use this in your programs as a menu if you want. You can work it so your main program runs this program, and you edit this program to return a basic number which your main program will then handle. Or you could just embed this program in your main program."

(This menu doesn't support scrolling, but I could make the code a little more dirty to support that if possible)

Download for all three: http://www.mediafire.com/?eddrowftyoe

------

Another Note: None of these codes are optimized (in other words made to be a tiny bit smaller at the price of making the code being very cryptic), so make all the changes in the world you want to these programs. They're not protected, and I really don't care if you claim it as your own.

Anyways, post up your programs if you have any
tongue.gif

Oh and one last point, if anyone wants me to I could write up a tips/tutorials topic for making your own programs and games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8