Your thoughts on suicide

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by johncenafan427, Jan 14, 2011.

Jan 14, 2011
  1. johncenafan427
    OP

Member johncenafan427 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    hey guys, in one of my classes i have to write an essay on conflicts going on in the world.
    i chose to write about suicide.

i just wanted to get a few of your opinions on the topic, whether you believe it's the persons' choice, or if it's a selfish decision.

ps, no i'm not committing it!

THANKS!

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Honestly I have to say it's a weak and selfish thing to do.
    Not just is it weak to just give in and up, letting the world win, but it's selfish to just foolishly take your own life despite knowing that your life has now been taken from all the people love and the people that love you. Personally I don't agree with the idea of suicide.

3. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    well while i don't really condone it for people who are fed up with life, i feel that if your on your death bed and in immense pain it should be legal to kill yourself. why prolong the needless suffering? we have no problem putting our pets down if they are dying and suffering and when we do we tell ourselves it was the "humane thing to do".

4. Son of Science

Member Son of Science GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just do it, Maggot.

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States

6. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    People opinions are gonna go a couple ways....

1. Those people are pathetic, they deserve to die.

2. They are selfish, and don't think about who they will affect.

3. It's their life, let them do what they want.

4. They are people that never got help. (Mental help.)

5. They are people that think the worlds ending because they had a bad day/week/month/year.

I believe I missing some opinions, but you get the gist of it.

7. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    took the words out of my mouth.

When I had feelings of wanting to suicide, I said "No! I'm not gonna let the world keep me down!". I pick myself up and I perservere!

8. ibis_87

Member ibis_87 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    No, never. One has to keep struggling. Always. No giving up.

9. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Totally this.

10. JackSakamoto

Member JackSakamoto Bad Ending Guy

Japan
    I love suicide, I practice every day. [​IMG]

No, really ... Suicide is a bu***'_@$£**it, never do that, you end up in nothing (I'm serious here.)

11. johncenafan427
    OP

Member johncenafan427 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the input guys!

12. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Suicide is such a huge problem with our lives today, the thought of people taking their lives is like a mishap that could have been prevented. Most people don't why it happens, personally its the bleak of your darkness.

If we all know from deep down despite how fucked up life can get, despite our shortcomings we can still smile and do better.
    We know that aren't perfect this too shall come to pass. When a person want to commit it, its that visual tunnel in the mind getting narrowier and narrowier...An individual thought can pull you out of it, think of Anime for instance. (No really,) You don't give up because its harder, you get stronger each time you fall.

13. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Weak? So what's strength? Suffering? Maybe you should poke your eyes out with scalding skewers as a feat of strength?

Selfish? You know what's selfish? Thinking that someone in a world of darkness should remain there indefinitely so you feel a little less bad.

Death is the escape. I take comfort in the fact that if life ever became too much for me, that escape is available to me.

14. Tokyo Jihen

Member Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    People who commit suicide do it because they think there is no other way out; they're extremely desperate. I sympathize for them. I don't think it is selfish at all. For a human to want to take their life, they must be suffering deeply mentally or physically. I would understand if someone who felt immense pain daily would want to take their life, and I would respect their choice. I used to believe it selfish for others to commit suicide and leave their family and friends behind, but I have broadened my views and I understand why some do it.

It's hard for people like me, who has a decent and content life to see how suicide is cowardly, but it's one sided because we've never experienced it.

15. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    well, all you get from here really is opinions from people who won't commit suicide.

i wanted to do it once, twice but i never get to do it since i still have some people around me.

if i still want to commit suicide though, i'd also want my whole existence to be erased, since it will only bring sadness to the people who cares for me.

1. i think he means weak in a way that the person who committed suicide is afraid of facing what will happen next and just gave up.
    2. still thinking about it...
    3. death is the escape yes, but that proves you're afraid of failing yourself further in life.

16. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    It's downright selfish, throughout the world, if one person believes he has no one who loves him, he hates his life (this can be a girl to, just not adding the "s"), no one who believes in him and then takes his own life is just a moron, no matter what, there is someone who will always grieve for you, even if they do not know you, there will always be someone who can help you, but they might choose to disregard the chance to get better, suicide is based on someones mental state, there are lots of people who can help, hell, I get so stressed sometimes (sure others do as well) that it could lead to suicide, I've never looked down that road myself but the fact that it can lead to suicide still stands.

tl;dr: Completely wrong and selfish for someone to do it.

17. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Escape? Escape to where and from what?! From life being "too much"?
    Are your certain that when you "escape" life you're going to a better place? You don't know that.
    I agree with you it's not selfish, but it's definitely a weak thing to.

Sorry but this is the first time I have ever disagreed with you, Urza.

I am disappoint [​IMG]

18. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    *clicks Approve :-)*

19. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    And what's wrong with weakness if it prevents suffering?

Death is an unknown. You may not know where you're going, but rolling the dice for peace may be better than continuing through whatever hell you're in currently.

20. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    by saying that, you made me think:

yeah death is unknown so it became harder for my choices.
    1. what if i die then the world gets better? i don't want to regret that.
    2. what if i don't die then the world didn't change and it's better where i will go when i die? i should have stayed.
    3. what if i die and the world gets better and where i go is worse? pity me.

i guess i'll get crazy first.