Hacking Your Smartphone Will Be An Amiibo!

RebQuaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've searching for a NFC tags.. Here on brazil I only find the nfc 203 to 213, I will continue to search, and if I buy some 215 tags, can I change their strings to emulate an Amiibo? Without this things of ISO and others... I can develope an app to change the tag :) only put it on phone and select an Amiibo

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've searching for a NFC tags.. Here on brazil I only find the nfc 203 to 213, I will continue to search, and if I buy some 215 tags, can I change their strings to emulate an Amiibo? Without this things of ISO and others... I can develope an app to change the tag :) only put it on phone and select an Amiibo
We already have one to do that, it's called TagMo ;)

RebQuaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Everybody will can test if I can make the app, I will continue to make theories and we will make it works!! Cause amiibos have a high price :s

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You will need to change the Card Header every time, which is some low level shit.

RebQuaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone pass me an hardware external reader writer NFC usb for use in Android with an OTG cable? I can't find it here

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There currently exists amiibo cards that you can inject amiibos into (using a phone), and tap them on a New 3ds/Wii U. But you want to cut out the middle man (the cards), right?

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read all of the posts, but you can't do this. I've tried and there are certain things androids operating system doesn't have that you would need to emulate an amiibo. I don't remember the specifics, but android doesn't remember certain keys that an amiibo needs. An nfc chip always has exact values and they don't change unless the chip is overwritten. An android phone will not record certain values and repeat random ones in their place, and it may be fine for something like android pay or certain nfc locked doors, but most doors and nfc readers look for specific values and won't accept what the android phone is repaeating. This can be fixed, Because it's a software 'feature', but it's hard coded into android and you would need to create a custom mod that has different nfc drivers/software. This may have changed, but it's unlikely. And I may have worded some of this incorrectly since it was a while ago I did my research, but I think i get the important stuff right. Sorry to tell you but unless you create an amiibo emulating android mod, this can't be done. And it's a lot to ask of someone to remove android and replace it with your custom mod just to emulate an amiibo. Also I'm fairly certain your not the only person to think of this, for example, I have thought of this and did plenty of research before attempting to make a thread.

One thing *maybe* you could do is write to an nfc card and use that, I didn't research it, and I think it's more complicated than that, but it's much more doable. In order to make this one work I think you'd need something like an amiiqo to translate and store whatever your phone sends it.

Tl;dr: it can't be done AFIAK, and you should just buy a usb card reader/writer and some of the correct usb tags and use those. There is a thread about it and that's what I ended up doing after my research, which was back before that thread.

Last edited by CIAwesome526,

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I haven't read all of the posts, but you can't do this. I've tried and there are certain things androids operating system doesn't have that you would need to emulate an amiibo. I don't remember the specifics, but android doesn't remember certain keys that an amiibo needs. An nfc chip always has exact values and they don't change unless the chip is overwritten. An android phone will not record certain values and repeat random ones in their place, and it may be fine for something like android pay or certain nfc locked doors, but most doors and nfc readers look for specific values and won't accept what the android phone is repaeating. This can be fixed, Because it's a software 'feature', but it's hard coded into android and you would need to create a custom mod that has different nfc drivers/software. This may have changed, but it's unlikely. And I may have worded some of this incorrectly since it was a while ago I did my research, but I think i get the important stuff right. Sorry to tell you but unless you create an amiibo emulating android mod, this can't be done. And it's a lot to ask of someone to remove android and replace it with your custom mod just to emulate an amiibo. Also I'm fairly certain your not the only person to think of this, for example, I have thought of this and did plenty of research before attempting to make a thread.

Host Card Emulation for Android NTAG215 was disabled after android 4.0.3 I believe (Correct me plox) and the only way you could've accessed it was a Cyanogenmod Phone with a custom rom on 4.0.3. HCE was ticked on there.
You can just get multirom [Different for each model] and install CM9 [Different too] which allows HCE and make it work there.

Reactions: RebQuaker

RebQuaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok.. We need to try develope an app that don't need to mod users smartphone.. So.. We need to emulate an old library, or force the device to use their old version (like PHP things and your many versions), and all this need to do only in-app, no mod, no custom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end