• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,211
  • Replies 79
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey guys, i have a question for the community :P Whats your favourite OS? Whether it be Windows, Mac OS x or Linux?
You can choose multiple (max of three though...) For example: my favourite OS is Windows 10, Linux Mint and windows 7

Desktop OS
If Windows, Which version?
you have the choice for all windows versions and editions from 1.0 to 10

Right now my top favourite Windows is 10.. its honestly the best performing one so far, except for the start menu having issues opening sometimes

If Mac OS, Which version?
You have quite a few choices here.. it can be any version of Mac OS X or any Mac OS (1.0(if there is one...) to mac os 9.x), like the really old one that came on those old bubble IMacs

Honestly the only one i ever tried was Mac OS 8.. and this was in elementary school do i don't remember
but i remember the teachers constantly telling us to set it to 256 colours in the bottom toolbar
macos80.png

If Linux, Which distro?
Yep.. there are a lot, i know... but same applies to above.. any version

My personal favourite is Linux mint <3

Mobile OS

If IOS, Which version?
1.0-9.x

Ive only ever used IOS 5 and 6.. IPod touch 4th gen cant go higher than 6 so i took that and i jailbroke it.. i havent seen my ipod in over a year.. i lost it somewhere in the house

If Android, you know the drill..
Out of my experience with android.. i would say either KitKat or Lollypop, and i only know lollypop through Cyanogenmod on my tablet, didnt like ice craem sandwich or gingerbread that much...

Windows phone
Never used it.. dont know what its like

also, Make love, don't hate.. don't start a flame war...

Last edited by ,
Reactions: HaloEffect17

Playboxwii2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Computer OS:

(Favorite OS) Windows:

Windows 10, for listening to the consumer, and making what we asked for 10x better.

Mac OS X:

Mavericks. I hate the new redesign (Flat). Mavericks to me is the last best effort from Apple. El Captain is great, but I still miss the ol' Aqua icons.

Linux:

Ubuntu MATE. Very user friendly. I've toyed with it. I'd recommended it.

Mobile:

(Favorite OS) Android:

Stock Android Marshmallow. Praise DuARTe.

iOS:

iOS 6. Same reasons I like OS X Mavericks.

Last edited by Playboxwii2,
Reactions: CIAwesome526
D

Deleted User

OP
actually i just realized that i could add the mobile platforms... ill edit my post to incluse IOS, android and windows phone

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Mobile OS
Can I currently hack the version I have? iOS if I can, Android if I cannot.

iOS - Newest jailbreakable version.

Android - I never noticed a differnce between versions.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OpenSuSE, because it's the best KDE-based distribution (AFAIK), and Gnome sucks ass.
Windows XP SP3, because it's light, quick and gets out of the way (can't use it any more, but I still prefer it)..
Not Windows Spyware 10, that's for sure.

D

Deleted User

OP
OpenSuSE, because it's the best KDE-based distribution (AFAIK), and Gnome sucks ass.
Windows XP SP3, because it's light, quick and gets out of the way.
Not Windows Spyware 10, that's for sure.
Windows XP is still one of the best.. and theres actually still updates for it, if you add a registry that makes windows update think its POSReady

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
i dont know...
latest IOS i ever used was 6.1.6 and it was jailbroken.. im sure there are some for IOS 7 and maybe 8.. not sure about 9
I know what I can jailbreak. 9.0.2 is the latest jailbroken version. 9.1 is not.

I meant jailbroken iOS is better than Android (even if rooted), but Android (even stock) is better that stock iOS.

Playboxwii2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what I can jailbreak. 9.0.2 is the latest jailbroken version. 9.1 is not.

I meant jailbroken iOS is better than Android (even if rooted), but Android (even stock) is better that stock iOS.

We can have opinions. I think Android is the best for people who hate waiting for new exploits to come out, and want customization now.

I think, however, Jailbroken iOS offers ALOT when it comes to customization.

But I wouldn't say it's better. "better" Is used in arguments and opinions. This is not an argument thread. It's a "sharing your personal thoughts on what you prefer".

Nothing is better than another thing. I think Rocks are better to throw when you're trying to hurt people, but it's not exactly the best to throw in a play-fight.

Veiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed FreeBSD 10.2 as my primary operating system. Works wonderfully well. I switched from Windows 7 for various reasons, and don't like Linux distributions for various philosophical reasons. Gaming is not a priority by any means, especially right now, so I haven't missed Windows at all. My computer is relatively outdated (Nvidia GTX 560 Ti and 8 GB of RAM being the primary reasons), so playing popular titles isn't reasonable anyway at native resolutions and 60 FPS without dialing back graphics quality considerably.

In a future upgrade, I'm thinking about running FreeBSD as the host OS for Xen, and having Windows 10 as a guest OS, for gaming. Would require a lot of hardware, though... And both major an AMD and Nvidia graphics card, since Nvidia only supports GPU pass-through in their Quadro cards, while AMD has non-existent FreeBSD support. Ugh. Would be pretty awesome, all things said and done, since I've begun working on a neat little software library that must run well on all platforms, since it would be targeted (and useful) as a games middleware and rendering toolkit for common applications like browsers and GUIs...

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use Windows 8.1 and Linux (Lubuntu 14.04) on two of my PCs, Linux (same) on another one, and OS X (El Capitan) and Windows 8.1 on the last one.

My least favorite one is OS X, because everything works but never the way I want (though it may work the way other people want, so I'm not saying it's bullsheep).

Then, on Lubuntu you can do whatever the f you want (same on other Linux distro of course, but Lubuntu is both easy to setup and to modify, unlike Arch which is hard to setup but then it's exactly as you want it to be, or Ubuntu which is easy to setup but then isn't more convenient than OS X)... except maybe play games (yeah, wine and stuff, not really the best) so that's why I keep Windows around. And why 8.1 ? Because 7 is ugly (other than that it's masterrace), 8 is stupid, and 8.1 is even stupider but at least more usable. No idea about 10 though, never tried it.

And on my Android devices, I used a 4.0 Touchwiz, a 4.3 Touchwiz and a 5.1.1 CM. Well, my favorite is the CM one, mostly because of customization.

(On a side note, "Mac OS" isn't a valid name anymore since 2012...)

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And why 8.1 ? Because 7 is ugly (other than that it's masterrace), 8 is stupid, and 8.1 is even stupider but at least more usable. No idea about 10 though, never tried it.
If you hate 8 and 8.1 you'll like 10. It brings back a lot of 7 features while keeping a similar graphics style.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.