1. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

I think the best religions are the dead ones. Norse Gods? Utterly awesome! Greek Gods? Pretty cool guys. Roman Gods? Also pretty cool.
    They knew their gods were a bunch of pricks and still worshipped them!!

Yeah, I don't believe in any God really, I'm a complete Atheist but can understand people who believe in a God, though don't think anybody should take the Bible as completely truthful

2. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising
    Former Staff

Best Gods ever are the Jade Emperor and the Monkey King.

3. Overlord Nadrian

Banned

Belgium
    Atheist. There is no proof at all of a God ever having existed. The Church just made it up to get some easy money. It's still getting easy money.

4. hesho

hesho Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
  5. Occult Tech

Occult Tech Member
    Newcomer

You forgot to mention that they invented it for social control, too.

6. hesho

hesho Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    for ppl who are athesists and stuff since iam muslim we belive in one god only so u ask yourselves this who do u think created your bodies and souls just a question

7. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Ever heard of things called Mothers and Farthers? AKA Parents.

8. hesho

hesho Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    Ever heard of things called Mothers and Farthers? AKA Parents.
    [/quote]

my friend iam not talking about prgenancy who developed your body and souls and your parents and so on so forth where do u think human beings where originated and who originated them thats wat iam talkin about and another quetion what do u all think the definition of a soul

9. Lelouch

Lelouch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Most religions are based on the ancient Egyptian Sun God Horus, watch the movie Zeitgeist to see all the similarities.

10. KevInChester

KevInChester GBAtemp Fan

Agnostic, and despises all new age things such as psychics, homeopathy, and all the other sorts of woo woo.

I don't mind people have religious beliefs though, except the few that can be conclusively labeled as cults [​IMG]

Who created Allah? God, or whatever you wish to call your chosen deity. I have no issues with the Muslim faith, Christian, etc The ones I do are shall we say more modern inventions.

11. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
    Former Staff

United Kingdom
    Well, not quite, but the churches are just interested in money.

12. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

A soul is a made up thing by religions in order to lure and frighten you into that religion, with either the promise of an after life or the scare of an eternity in hell. and you my friend have appeared to have fallen for this lie hook line and sinker.

13. KevInChester

KevInChester GBAtemp Fan

14. hesho

hesho Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    my friend that is your opinion and by the way i respect all religions and their prospectives peace my friend [​IMG]

15. Rogue Trader

Rogue Trader GBAtemp Regular

Legally a Protestant (NI requires you to declare either Protestant or Catholic when you apply for a job, although it's more of a cultural thing than a religious one- also WTF! Illegal nearly everywhere else)

In reality I would describe myself as an agnostic, with Christian overtones (since that was my upbringing). I don't like the idea of religion, but I do try to fulfil Christianity on a technical basis- while I don't really believe it, and it's a billion to one chance, if there is no God, there are no consequences, if that billionth chance was right, i'm fucked.

Religion may be irrational, hedging your bets certainly isn't.

16. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

There are three forms of belief which are Theists, Cowards and Atheist.

17. SargeSmash

SargeSmash GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wow, the cynicism here...

I certainly don't believe science has any sort of lock on explaining where we came from. Yeah, we came from our parents, but where did they come from? Where did their ancestors come from? Where did they come from in the evolutionary chain? And then, where did all the stuff that comprises our universe come from? There's a place in every point of view that our ability to prove ANYTHING breaks down.

Someone can ask the same thing about higher powers that created the universe. Where did they come from? In the end, we all ask ourselves the same question. I can no more prove that they exist or that they do not exist than anyone else can.

In any case, I choose to believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. I can no more prove that he is the Son of God than anyone else. Only circumstantially, and even then, I will run into the same problems as everyone else. It really is a matter of faith for everyone, even those that consider themselves atheists. They just put their faith in different things.

I also find it puzzling the caricature of religious people as people that ignore or don't care about science, that are somehow being hoodwinked. For me, science continually strengthens my faith. Science and faith are not mutually exclusive, and they never have been.

18. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    It's interesting to see that 95% of the topic posters are atheist. Well, this IS a video game site.

19. KevInChester

KevInChester GBAtemp Fan

I think it's only the hardline supports of a religion that discount science to a great degree. One person for example, once messaged me:

As for me being agnostic, and thus a coward, I just think it is arrogant to say that a deity doesn't exist, but it's also same to the same degree saying one does. It's fence sitting, but, what the hey [​IMG]

20. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Kev do you honestly think that god is going to let you in heaven? atheist and two faced agnostics go to hell, only theists are let in. [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - faith,