Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
THis brings up a good question, what is it about sector size that makes only a certain number of games to be loaded on a drive?

Also, before even making a thread I would have tried opening a usb loader and installing the game from your disc first, but that just the route I would have taken.

Also, another way around this would be to make 2 wbfs partitions. I know a couple loader support multiple partitions like that, but I'm not exactly sure which ones.

yea i've got a 8xx version of gx usb loader it asks you which partition you want to use in the options

so this is good, not as good as if changing the alocation size from defualt to 1024 will allow me to have more than 500 wii games on 1 wbfs partition
the copying of the 500 wii games started 23 hours and 43 minutes ago and it has 80 more wii games to copy it should be done in about 5 more hours

so i will know soon and post the results

i know i can change from wbfs format, i might do that one day, but i wanted to test reformating to 1024 to see what it does.

about the usb loader i read someone say a few pages ago in this thread something about needing a usb loader that would work with the bigger sector size, i dont know if this is realy a issue

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
clay.r.08 said:
but then i might have to scrub 500 games, that would take forever

A *.wbfs file is simply a file that contains a WBFS file system.
Same as *.iso back in the old days before the morons started to call all fs images *.iso whether it contained a iso9660 or not.

Copying the same content directly to disk or into a file should make only a marginal difference in speed.

Scrubing is not required in either case but should be faster because writing is the bottleneck not computing.
Well at least if your CPU isnt decades old.

So NO it wont take longer.

Pikkon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
Pikkon said:
clay.r.08 said:
yes to protect my investment of over 500 retail wii games i bought and paid for against damage

Mind posting a pic of your so called 500 Wii games.

seriously,
is there a doubt in your mind that he is not telling the truth?

the man is saying that he as a 1.5000gb drive... that alone should say it all

I know,I was simply being sarcastic.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
clay.r.08 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
THis brings up a good question, what is it about sector size that makes only a certain number of games to be loaded on a drive?

Also, before even making a thread I would have tried opening a usb loader and installing the game from your disc first, but that just the route I would have taken.

Also, another way around this would be to make 2 wbfs partitions. I know a couple loader support multiple partitions like that, but I'm not exactly sure which ones.

yea i've got a 8xx version of gx usb loader it asks you which partition you want to use in the options

so this is good, not as good as if changing the alocation size from defualt to 1024 will allow me to have more than 500 wii games on 1 wbfs partition
the copying of the 500 wii games started 23 hours and 43 minutes ago and it has 80 more wii games to copy it should be done in about 5 more hours

i know i can change from wbfs format, i might do that one day, but i wanted to test reformating to 1024 to see what it does.

about the usb loader i read someone say a few pages ago in this thread something about needing a usb loader that would work with the bigger sector size, i dont know if this is realy a issue

Just hope u uderstand that Its not the Fat32format that needs to be formated to the sector size its the WBFS..
from what i read u said u formated to 1024 in fat not in WBFS and then converted to WBFS .. this will not make your WBFS 1024
only app i know that will alow u to format wbfs to 1024 or anything like that is http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182236#entry2286365
iv not had to much luck on loader side with anything over 512 .. but iv not tryed to many

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
clay.r.08 said:
DeadlyFoez said:

USB GX provided support from rev 793 onwards so easiest way to check if its an issue is to try the latest version against a version before 793 and see if they act differently. Given that the cIOS also uses its own version of libwbfs it could be moot - but certainly your testing will be interesting as I am not aware of anyone yet testing the 500 game limit on wbfs using a different sector size.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
clay.r.08 said:
DeadlyFoez said:

USB GX provided support from rev 793 onwards so easiest way to check if its an issue is to try the latest version against a version before 793 and see if they act differently. Given that the cIOS also uses its own version of libwbfs it could be moot - but certainly your testing will be interesting as I am not aware of anyone yet testing the 500 game limit on wbfs using a different sector size.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i formated a 1,000gb to NTFS before clicking ok to format i saw a options for alocation size i changed it from from default to 1024 and then i clicked format

then i formatted to wbfs through the wbfs manager, i never saw any options like 1024 for the wbfs format, i dont know if i was supose to find a way to set it to 1024 in wbfs

i did notice that i always had 58,848 blocks free in the wbfs manager no matter if i had used defualt or 1024

it will be about 24 hours and i will know if i can add more than 500 now
[/quote]

i posted yesterday i was unable to find a way to set the wbfs for 1024 and did not know how and only formated the ntfs to 1024 and then formated to wbfs in wbfs manager which has no options for 1024

now 26 hours after i said that yesterdau someone has pointed me to a tool for dong it, so i will reformat and start over it will be another 26 hours at least to copy the 500 wii games agian

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why not just stick to using NTFS with sparse isos to save disk space, either that FAT32. Seems like a lot of effort to try and keep using a WBFS partition which is inferior in some ways. No error checking and it requires 3rd party tools to access the partition.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skiller said:
Just hope u uderstand that Its not the Fat32format that needs to be formated to the sector size its the WBFS..
from what i read u said u formated to 1024 in fat not in WBFS and then converted to WBFS .. this will not make your WBFS 1024
only app i know that will alow u to format wbfs to 1024 or anything like that is http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182236#entry2286365
iv not had to much luck on loader side with anything over 512 .. but iv not tryed to many

wwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool V0.00d - 2009-10-03
A command line WBFS tool for linux.

i could download a copy of linux software, burn it to disc and instal onto a computer but i dont know wimms is looking like a whole lot of reading and testing that might not work

is there any other way fomat wbfs higher than 512

i know i can use fat32 i probably will, but i have to try to keep wbfs if possable

and i will test having 2 wbfs partions before switching to fat

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if there was a way to lock the games on a fat partition but still play them

than i would be fine with using fat

but so far all hard drive locking software i have used also locks you from even looking at the drive

maybe i should test locking a fat partition hard drive maybe it will let the wii see the files but not a computer without the password

i dont know if that would work though, seems like the wii would probably not be able to read the games, but maybe the wii could read the games, what do you think?

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what the hell why are you making it so complex? locking? why?! locking hard drives is part of the ata spec how do you think the wii is going to unlock it to play your games over usb?
god man!
the amount of time you're investing in this is hilarious. how many games are you realistically going to play, or are you a pirate collector who has to have every iso regardless of how crap it is?

come on bud. have a word.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is also encrytion with any file as a password (any file picture, music, text, what ever you want to use for password)

as far as it being impossible as you implied, i bet its not impossable if were smart enough and were willing to do it

the WiiJManager Multiplataform (Windows/OS X), Multiplataform Wii Game Manager based around WiiMMS did not seem to have any options for formatting

i will use 2 wbfs partitions

yes i am a pirate, sometimes i make over $1,000 in one day

my customers and their that have return to me again for wii games might not have returned a second, third and fourth time if the games were on FAT32...

carry on children

and for the adults i appreiciated your information

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait...How many wii games are there?
Even if I where a pirate, and copied every game I could get my grubby hands on. Where do you find the time to play 500 game?

I hardly have time to play the 25 that I do have.

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
clay.r.08 said:
there is also encrytion with any file as a password (any file picture, music, text, what ever you want to use for password)

as far as it being impossible as you implied, i bet its not impossable if were smart enough and were willing to do it

the WiiJManager Multiplataform (Windows/OS X), Multiplataform Wii Game Manager based around WiiMMS did not seem to have any options for formatting

i will use 2 wbfs partitions

yes i am a pirate, sometimes i make over $1,000 in one day

my customers and their that have return to me again for wii games might not have returned a second, third and fourth time if the games were on FAT32...

carry on children

and for the adults i appreiciated your information

i think the point from now on, boy - is that no-one would ever be willing to do it for you thanks to your retarded admission to being a) a pirate and b) someone who profits from all this.

have a nice day kid.

clay.r.08

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dear big children the games suck, i know this

little children dont know this, actually they like them, so says their parenrts wallets

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
clay.r.08 said:
dear big children the games suck, i know this

little children dont know this, actually they like them, so says their parenrts wallets

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

hope you go to jail
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-