PS1/2 **** You Sony!

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it such a big deal if he has two PS3s? He's already explained his reason, stop harassing him with better solutions because it's already too late.

Dammit, i've been hearing so many problems about the 40 GB and that's the one I'm planning on getting. I hope you get it fixed soon.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally we 360 Fanboys got our chance of flaming back. hehe.
tongue.gif

Just joking , how high is the chance of that error ?
I wanted to get a PS3 too at this years Christmas because of bluray. :\

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's interesting how Ze would swear at Sony for such a minor inconvenience.
Some people buy another console while their previous one is being shipped, at least you don't have to suck your thumb for 2 weeks or buy a new one, that puts you in a better position than a lot of people.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
deathfisaro said:
It's interesting how Ze would swear at Sony for such a minor inconvenience.
Some people buy another console while their previous one is being shipped, at least you don't have to suck your thumb for 2 weeks or buy a new one, that puts you in a better position than a lot of people.

Its not minor to me. I was ready to play GTA4 while this **** happens. I don't have the receipt for it either so I'm going to have to try and get Sony to believe it was a ''gift''.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
bluebright said:
I wasn't being sarcastic. I just never thought of buying two PS3's just because, you know, there a tad expensive.
Looking into it the PS3 is the same price as a Blu-Ray player, even cheaper than most. For a disc player for the living room his Dad would've been daft not to.
smile.gif
Because let's be honest the OP doesn't own 2 PS3's, this is his Dad's console we're talking about.

and.. yeah, not keeping the reciept is daft
rolleyes.gif
Did your Dad register the console with Sony when he brought it?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
Does sony fix/replace this only if you are still under the standard 1 year warranty?

I don't know about the US, but Sony is very good about these things in the UK ... their standard policy for faulty consoles is a courier comes two working days after the fault is reported, and swaps the faulty machine for a new or refurbished machine (usually refurbished)

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
Bob Loblaw said:
Does sony fix/replace this only if you are still under the standard 1 year warranty?

I don't know about the US, but Sony is very good about these things in the UK ... their standard policy for faulty consoles is a courier comes two working days after the fault is reported, and swaps the faulty machine for a new or refurbished machine (usually refurbished)

Ah, hopefully they practice something like that here. They probably don't want to tarnsih the reputation of their console with a fault like that of the 360s rrod, so I imagine they will try and keep this fixed and swept under the rug quickly.

I hope..
unsure.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I went through a bucket of PS1's and PS2's, there made cheap and brake often. A $1000 dollar Sony Blu-Ray player will outlast a PS3 in spades so if his dad watched movies a lot then IMO he should have gotten a real Blu-Ray player. Think of it this way, what is better at the store a $400 printer that prints and JUST prints or a $200 4-in-1 printer?

This whole generation is crap however so there is no fanboysim here:
I have had a RROD 360
1 Wii with a GPU defect
1 Wii that sounds like it needs a new disc drive (SSBB = LOUD)

I have NEVER had a faulty nintendo product from NES to Gamecube but with several bad DSes and 2 bad Wii's they are all churning out shit this time around.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a problem with my ps3 and sent it to Sony.But there was no service in Greece so they sent it to Italy.After 1 month of e-mailing them they finally sent it to us but it was the same console.So I've sented again and I'm....waiting!!!Screw you Sony

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WeaponXxX said:
I went through a bucket of PS1's and PS2's, there made cheap and brake often. A $1000 dollar Sony Blu-Ray player will outlast a PS3 in spades so if his dad watched movies a lot then IMO he should have gotten a real Blu-Ray player. Think of it this way, what is better at the store a $400 printer that prints and JUST prints or a $200 4-in-1 printer?

I have had a RROD 360
1 Wii with a GPU defect

I have NEVER had a faulty nintendo product from NES to Gamecube but with several bad DSes and 2 bad Wii's they are all churning out shit this time around.

Agreed. All electronics are shit nowadays in terms of build quality.

They are all rushed it seems.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
WeaponXxX said:

I have had a RROD 360
1 Wii with a GPU defect

Agreed. All electronics are shit nowadays in terms of build quality.

They are all rushed it seems.
I'm not sure if it is they are rushed more so then they are competing for "pretty". The DS Phat was GREAT and had that Nintendo quality, I literally drop kicked mine into a wall and it barley left a scratch. 3 of my 4 DS phats were prefect 1 had a stuck pixel if I remember correctly. But lets face it the PSP looked sooo much better so Nintendo said "damn" we need to make our shit look more sleek...and so we got the much better looking lite which came with less durability and a slew of problems. I say we get rid of sleek and cool systems and give me reliability especially with DRMed content now tied to the systems I buy

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
just replace it under warranty, why leave the console broken?

I believe he said he didn't have the receipt but maybe I read wrong.....

I never thought that Ze would ever say something like that about Sony. Maybe the Rapture has begun?

Edit: QUOTEI don't have the receipt for it either so I'm going to have to try and get Sony to believe it was a ''gift''.

Yeah, he did say it.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WeaponXxX said:

Get the $200 printer. By the time it's dead the $400 will have dropped in price anyway.

To the point, how do you know the Blu-ray player will last longer than the PS3? If anything, the PS3 is the most future proof here, what with all the firmware updates and such.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was an example and anyone who buys high volume hardware knows all-in-ones generally suck. And when your All-in-one sucks the good printer will have dropped yes however there will be newer printers out that are far better. Furthermore your shitty all-in-one does come with small problems like not printing or communicating with the printer which causes headaches for years before you end up buying a good printer.

Finally to the point, minus the fact of being a first gen buyer and getting a Blu-Ray player that does not have upgrade compatibility... once all the bugs are worked out, its pretty much a FACT that dedicated machines are better. While I've gone through several PS2s that ONLY played games the 8 SONY DVD players run solid without a hitch or hick up and have been doing so since DVD players came out. I bought my first DVD player for $899.99 and it still works while I have gone through quite a few PS2s. The consoles are built cheap as the company looses money on the consoles so their lifespan is NOT great.

So while I have no PROOF that a true Blu-Ray Player will outlast a PS3 the previous history with constant failure rates of the PS1 AND PS2 lead ME to believe that the same will happen.

BUDGET All in one printers suck
VCR/DVD/TV combos suck
ALL in ONE Consoles Suck

Your getting a lot for your money for a reason

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
JKR Firefox said:
I believe he said he didn't have the receipt but maybe I read wrong.....

I never thought that Ze would ever say something like that about Sony. Maybe the Rapture has begun?

then he's screwed without a receipt (unless he knows how to haggle), good luck to him lol

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WeaponXxX said:
Finally to the point, minus the fact of being a first gen buyer and getting a Blu-Ray player that does not have upgrade compatibility... once all the bugs are worked out, its pretty much a FACT that dedicated machines are better. While I've gone through several PS2s that ONLY played games the 8 SONY DVD players run solid without a hitch or hick up and have been doing so since DVD players came out. I bought my first DVD player for $899.99 and it still works while I have gone through quite a few PS2s. The consoles are built cheap as the company looses money on the consoles so their lifespan is NOT great.

So while I have no PROOF that a true Blu-Ray Player will outlast a PS3 the previous history with constant failure rates of the PS1 AND PS2 lead ME to believe that the same will happen.

Well, yeah. If you give a product enough time of course it will only blossom. But I thought we were talking about now. And as of now the PS3, one of the wellest crafted machines I have ever seen, is still the best choice for a Blu-ray player. Various tests have shown this, both in functionality and picture quality (upscaled stuff). Leaving the exterior out. I could imagine someone buying a Blu-ray player for wanting a slimmer player. But when it comes to functionality, PS3 is probably one of the only exceptions that ranks up there with standalone players, currently even above. So the history of PS1 and PS2 doesn't really say anything about the PS3. I can easily see myself using this thing in 7-8 years.

Seriously, it's a tank.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol