The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was not my idea to have 2 PS3s damn it.. Stop making a big deal about it. Thank you.

so im going to advertise it as much as i can lol

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WeaponXxX said:
It was an example and anyone who buys high volume hardware knows all-in-ones generally suck. And when your All-in-one sucks the good printer will have dropped yes however there will be newer printers out that are far better. Furthermore your shitty all-in-one does come with small problems like not printing or communicating with the printer which causes headaches for years before you end up buying a good printer.

Finally to the point, minus the fact of being a first gen buyer and getting a Blu-Ray player that does not have upgrade compatibility... once all the bugs are worked out, its pretty much a FACT that dedicated machines are better. While I've gone through several PS2s that ONLY played games the 8 SONY DVD players run solid without a hitch or hick up and have been doing so since DVD players came out. I bought my first DVD player for $899.99 and it still works while I have gone through quite a few PS2s. The consoles are built cheap as the company looses money on the consoles so their lifespan is NOT great.

So while I have no PROOF that a true Blu-Ray Player will outlast a PS3 the previous history with constant failure rates of the PS1 AND PS2 lead ME to believe that the same will happen.

BUDGET All in one printers suck
VCR/DVD/TV combos suck
ALL in ONE Consoles Suck

Your getting a lot for your money for a reason

blink.gif
What have you done to your PS2s?
I've still got my first one when it came out and it still runs fine, games run fast, my controllers still work.
I see no reason to buy an $899.99 DVD player...

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd buy that explanation if it were an all in one, instead of Sony's attempt to buy the market by producing a top end Blu-Ray player and tagging it onto the PS3.

I've got a PS3, bought ONLY as a Blu-Ray player and YES I have needed it replaced - once , by Sony. It was done within 24 hours and they gave me 3 free Blu Ray titles.

The PS3 is no ordinary multipurpose device, its Sony's showcase device for Blu Ray, aimed at conquering what was an uncertain market. They have acheived their aims, and I've got a true HD experience for over 500 quid less than it would have been without the PS3.

Shitty multipurpose device it is not. it's a bargain!

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 as a Blu-ray player is a better choice than most stand-alone BD players. PS3 first launched with profile 1.0 BD playback, and with PS3 firmware update you could get profile 1.1 and profile 2.0 BD playback.
For most stand-alone players, in order to go from profile 1.0 to 1.1 or 2.0 you'd need to buy a new one.

PS3 comes with HDD and wireless internet connection so making use of profile 1.1/2.0 is easier than standalone players.
Also if you happen to get tired of using PS3 as a BD player then you can get on PSN and get the online movie streaming rental thingy whatever it's called, as soon as the technology gets commercialized.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awdofgum said:
blink.gif
What have you done to your PS2s?
Generally when I am not working I game for like 8-14 hours a day to beat whatever I might have missed while working. Generally these shift go on for a month or two at a time. So basically the PS2 and PS1 would often start to give me disc reading errors. Once I went to HD Loader I never needed another PS2

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Sony has a policy, in which, if the item is a gift, and it breaks, they are forced to fix it as if the customer had the receipt. Which is why I'm going to convince them It was a gift
tongue.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarriorReturns said:
Sony has a policy, in which, if the item is a gift, and it breaks, they are forced to fix it as if the customer had the receipt. Which is why I'm going to convince them It was a gift
tongue.gif

Even if you've had it longer than the year the warranty covers?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
ZeWarriorReturns said:
tongue.gif

In the UK, they fix it if it has a serial number that has not been registered ... they never wanna see a reciept ... so my advice to people in the UK is, don't register your Sony console when you get it, and if you have a problem, phone them ...

They will ask for the console's serial, and when they see it is an unregistered one, they will ask you when you approximately purchased it, and you just have to make up a date ... I usually say a few months earlier ... and then they arrange for the swap ...

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Bob Loblaw said:
ZeWarriorReturns said:
tongue.gif

I(Dad) only bought this PS3 ~3 months ago...

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you tell them you got it ~3 months ago, they'd probably don't need to see the receipt.
I got my DS replaced without a receipt when I said I got it 3 months ago, I'd expect Sony to have a similar policy. It's hard to imagine anything breaking in less than 3 months is user's responsibility.

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I was led to believe that the warranty is PER device.

I've had mine replaced after a year, and have another 2 years according to this letter I got from Sony on my replacement unit (they bundle an apology letter when they swap the hardware).

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
WeaponXxX said:
I went through a bucket of PS1's and PS2's, there made cheap and brake often. A $1000 dollar Sony Blu-Ray player will outlast a PS3 in spades
True, but by the time the PS3 breaks BD players will be as cheap as DVD players are now, or even cheaper.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
WeaponXxX said:
I went through a bucket of PS1's and PS2's, there made cheap and brake often. A $1000 dollar Sony Blu-Ray player will outlast a PS3 in spades
True, but by the time the PS3 breaks BD players will be as cheap as DVD players are now, or even cheaper.

They will ask for the console's serial, and when they see it is an unregistered one, they will ask you when you approximately purchased it, and you just have to make up a date ... I usually say a few months earlier ... and then they arrange for the swap ...
So they don't do the whole Nintendo thing where they scan the serial number upon purchase and send it to Nintendo's server?

Passa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WeaponXxX said:
I went through a bucket of PS1's and PS2's, there made cheap and brake often. A $1000 dollar Sony Blu-Ray player will outlast a PS3 in spades so if his dad watched movies a lot then IMO he should have gotten a real Blu-Ray player. Think of it this way, what is better at the store a $400 printer that prints and JUST prints or a $200 4-in-1 printer?
What are you going on about? The PS3 is the cheapest and best Blu-Ray player on the market. Standalone players are not able to download updates and therefore are rendered obsolete as new Blu-Ray 'profiles' come out.

@ topic at hand, I'm not surprised, all Sony consoles had teething problems (especially the PS2 and its laser problems). As long as there is a decent return/replace policy though, who cares? Tis why I don't worry about my 360 and its supposed 'impending' RROD (although I don't give the console enough love for it to ever RROD, thing hasn't even hiccuped once).

Only console problems I've ever had are my DS having non-working wifi out of the box (six months on and I still haven't replaced it out of sheer laziness) and my original Xbox spitting out discs when you try to put them in (they stay in after 2-3 tries).

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Passa said:
What are you going on about? The PS3 is the cheapest and best Blu-Ray player on the market. Standalone players are not able to download updates and therefore are rendered obsolete as new Blu-Ray 'profiles' come out.

I can't be the only person to find that seriously wrong. That's why I was hoping HD-DVD would win. It would at least follow its own standard.

Passa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh there's no doubting HD-DVD was the far superior format (from a technical viewpoint). Blu-Ray's win is meaningless though, sales of Blu-Rays have been very poor after the death of HD-DVD. Consumers just aren't ready for a new disc based movie format - Sony actually think tapes to DVDs was a comparable step forward to DVDs to Blu-Rays.. I have a 52" LCD TV and DVDs look brilliant, I can't justify spending $650~ AUD on a player then $30~ AUD per Blu-Ray movie just for a minor visual improvement.

I didn't get a HD-DVD addon for my 360 for the same reason, especially since both HD formats were DOA anyway.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think zewarriors error comes from a corrupt firmware. Like if he installed a game from a different region or something. have you played any demos or anything not from the US store, ze? I'm not too sure but it seems like the error comes from a corrupt firmware after doing some googling.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Bob Loblaw said:
I think zewarriors error comes from a corrupt firmware. Like if he installed a game from a different region or something. have you played any demos or anything not from the US store, ze? I'm not too sure but it seems like the error comes from a corrupt firmware after doing some googling.

No. This PS3 was already on the latest firmware (2.30).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards