Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooner or later we will play on flash cards and sd cards like on psp

No? I mean, PSP doesn't use flashcards, and the micro-sd -> memory stick pro duo adapter benefited from the pro duo being used on other devices.

I doubt anyone is working on creating an adapter for the Vita. Not enough of a market to make it worthwhile.

D

Deleted-355425

OP
Ive tried Super mario world for the Snes and it runs pretty much full speed with the right settings but you get that horrible delay when you press the jump button :(

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Those of you who are interested in downloading vita games form the internet can go this website http://psvitadb.com/. Once you are at the website go to the list at the end and copy everything that has to do with the release name and paste it in your favorite search engine.

Edit: now if only some one would be willing to make a cfw out of henkaku with no security for vita games

Last edited by jimmyleen,
Reactions: jDSX

Axorve

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Those of you who are interested in downloading vita games form the internet can go this website http://psvitadb.com/. Once you are at the website go to the list at the end and copy everything that has to do with the release name and paste it in your favorite search engine.

Edit: now if only some one would be willing to make a cfw out of henkaku with no security for vita games
A CWF :3

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to wait till things smooth out a little more before I dive into this.

Btw does anyone have a video on youtube of this with VHBL running snes games? I'd like to see how they run because I am skeptical that the cortex a9 can handle snes properly.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to wait till things smooth out a little more before I dive into this.

Btw does anyone have a video on youtube of this with VHBL running snes games? I'd like to see how they run because I am skeptical that the cortex a9 can handle snes properly.

VHBL runs things through the PSPemu (Same as it always has). Probably not what you want to see (From experience, performance is generally OK. Depends on the game, but some will run fullspeed).

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VHBL runs things through the PSPemu (Same as it always has). Probably not what you want to see (From experience, performance is generally OK. Depends on the game, but some will run fullspeed).

I see, I used to have my psp running cfw with various emulators but snes emulation wasn't very good and my main reason go -to was for chrono trigger and final fantasy vi which played choppy on it. Hopefully on the vita this time, things will be better if not smoother :)

Demonith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quote: For those who are interested, “Henkaku” means “change” or “revolution” in Japanese
I sad its revolution time :) well this is a biiig step to get all goodys for vita to work on and hoping they will start hacking for vita games soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1