Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reactions: cvskid

Nema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ca some one explain me i have installed henkaku and have molecule now so what i need to do to install gbaemu and other stuff ?
1- Download FileZilla Client into your PC.
2-Run MolecularShell in vita and press select.
3-Run FileZilla and enter the IP on the vita 192.xxx.x.xx into the host and the second part after ( : ) into the port and press connect.
4- You download VPK files that you want to install into your PC and locate them in FileZilla local site and choose ux0 as the remote site.
5-press right by mouse on the files you want to transfare to vita and click upload. Now press circle on vita and go to ux0 and install the files.

Last edited by Nema,
Reactions: cvskid and Demonith

Demonith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1- Download FileZilla Client into your PC.
2-Run MolecularShell in vita and press select.
3-Run FileZilla and enter the IP on the vita 192.xxx.x.xx into the host and the second part after ( : ) into the port and press connect.
4- You download VPK files that you want to install into your PC and locate them in FileZilla local site and choose ux0 as the remote site.
5-press right by mouse on the files you want to transfare to vita and click upload. Now press circle on vita and go to ux0 and install the files.
Tnx

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Was hoping to see people jumping on gamesharing with this, since a lot are digital only and kinda expensive.
But I guess not.

Yokimari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. You can even use FTP through VHBL, though only with access to the PSP side.

I wonder what it would take to get the PSP menu running like I saw in some videos...

Now if someone can make henkaku not require redoing the install that be nice. :)

That would be really nice.. I have a feeling something might pop up sooner or later. Someone just figured out VHBL with Henkaku about an hour ago. :)

Last edited by Yokimari,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I wonder what it would take to get the PSP menu running like I saw in some videos...
With the level of access we have, it should be a matter of time.

Getting VHBL so quickly pleases me. It was painful to give up the ePSP exploit for Henkaku, this softens the blow. Picodrive through VHBL actually runs much better than Genesis Plus GX through Henkaku.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That would be really nice.. I have a feeling something might pop up sooner or later. Someone just figured out VHBL with Henkaku about an hour ago. :)
Well if VHBL works without reloading the web hax, then maybe you can inject henkaku into VHBL? :unsure:
Or use the vita whitelist mod?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
VHBL was just the exact old method. Of course it would work.
Making this persistent is a whole another thing. It does patches on a running system, but does not and can not modify any components of the system.

Demonith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed mgba freezed my ps vita maybe i done something wrong will try again. Can i put my own folder with games for gba to work ? and wish henkaku makes an offline version without install every time wile turn off ps vira

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You confirmed it? SO if you back up those folders. Then delete the data from in game and restore the folder, the save data remains?

Just tested it, moved the whole Savedata & Savedata_Backup folder to my Pc, deleted the game ( Terraria, just for testing), downloaded it again and moved the savedata folders back where it belongs. The savedata worked fine after that.

But im not so sure, if we need the savedata_backup folder, there's just 1 file inside.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested it, moved the whole Savedata & Savedata_Backup folder to my Pc, deleted the game ( Terraria, just for testing), downloaded it again and moved the savedata folders back where it belongs. The savedata worked fine after that.

But im not so sure, if we need the savedata_backup folder, there's just 1 file inside.
Okay, good. Better way to back up save data, maybe even do some save editing for better stats in games. :P

But i'm more curious about this dumb error in some games. When i load it, i get error and can't even play it anymore. Is weird cause i was playing is normally and then it stopped working. I wanted to format the system to see if it help fix problem but not sure if it will and the process will take hours. So i wanted to know if maybe there was a work around?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well if VHBL works without reloading the web hax, then maybe you can inject henkaku into VHBL? :unsure:
Or use the vita whitelist mod?
Let's be clear. We get VHBL back so easily because of the amount of access that Henkaku grants us to the file system This isn't going to work vice-versa. The VHBL bubble is using a PSP bubble method that was already publically known.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1