Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is ark better or tn-v? I am used to tn-v.
Functionally they are pretty much the same - both are a kernel mode interface for the ePSP, both run all the same apps, games etc.

TN-V is prettier because it uses the official XMB interface whereas Ark uses its own more basic interface. But Ark was recently made open source, which is important.

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Functionally they are pretty much the same - both are a kernel mode interface for the ePSP, both run all the same apps, games etc.

TN-V is prettier because it uses the official XMB interface whereas Ark uses its own more basic interface. But Ark was recently made open source, which is important.[/QUOTE
I thought. TN said he would release source for TN-V ...Never happend I guess.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Another reason why Ark is probably better in the long term - it being open source will be important for stable development. total_n00b has a tendency to throw his toys out of the pram.

D

Deleted User

OP
-snip-

Last edited by , , Reason: I'm not even going to fucking argue, to be honest...

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't get my hopes up over ark been released for henkaku, the unknown person who posted it saying it's working bla bla bla didn't even show the systems firmware he was using it on nor he didnt show how it was been launched etc etc

He's probably using a psvita with firmware 3.18 or even higher with the available exploit that works.

People also posted loads of fake shizum in the past just to get some attention from the webz (look at me im L33T) and it turned out to be false

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't get my hopes up over ark been released for henkaku, the unknown person who posted it saying it's working bla bla bla didn't even show the systems firmware he was using it on nor he didnt show how it was been launched etc etc

He's probably using a psvita with firmware 3.18 or even higher with the available exploit that works.

People also posted loads of fake shizum in the past just to get some attention from the webz (look at me im L33T) and it turned out to be false

While it is wiser to remain sceptical, that's not entirely true.
https://twitter.com/Anvi_Kawaii/status/761241492694437888

phant0mg33k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah for ARK to install on 3.60. The unknown person singed a copy of ark, then using a app.db Mod they just added the path over a system app. That made it so when they opened welcome park it was ARK. Problem they were saying was that ISO load 1 of 20 times

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o