Not open for further replies.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was thinking, would it be possible to hack via a pc and the sd card port? Nor flash or something, i relize we would need a cable , if some one has an idea on how to hack it i can get a cable rigged up

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Exactly.
grog.gif

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it should work exactly as you have described. I'm surprised that no one has thought of that before!
Please go ahead and rig up the cable for us
smile.gif

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything that you have and ever will think of, the people who can actually do this kind of stuff most likely already did it anyway, in my opinion

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
everything that you have and ever will think of, the people who can actually do this kind of stuff most likely already did it anyway, in my opinion
yea thats what i thought but might aswell

killnnllik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is thread is a joke, some mod should close this.
All these 12 year olds with their 'hacking' ideas...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
u know guys, IMHO we can discuss theories and share ideas for fun or knowledge. to tell u the truth, i have not seen EVEN ONE HACKER who has been frequenting the forums (posting and all) who has hacked ANY console (correct me please)
the thing is that we should keep in mind (I used WE as in me myself and I also) that hacking is no easy business and to find the silliest of vulnerability requires the help of an expert/experienced hacker or a group of advanced hackers

so true yer idea makes sense but its just not that simple to create all the tools for such a project without having a lot of prior knowledge. The thing is to find a vulnerability for the system then only can it be done. To find a vulnerability, u have to know how to find it.

On another note, i frequent 3ds hacking because i am hoping for someone to post a hacking method... lol contradictory to what was said above
Even doctors smoke cigarettes

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
shakirmoledina said:
u know guys, IMHO we can discuss theories and share ideas for fun or knowledge. to tell u the truth, i have not seen EVEN ONE HACKER who has been frequenting the forums (posting and all) who has hacked ANY console (correct me please)
the thing is that we should keep in mind (I used WE as in me myself and I also) that hacking is no easy business and to find the silliest of vulnerability requires the help of an expert/experienced hacker or a group of advanced hackers

so true yer idea makes sense but its just not that simple to create all the tools for such a project without having a lot of prior knowledge. The thing is to find a vulnerability for the system then only can it be done. To find a vulnerability, u have to know how to find it.

On another note, i frequent 3ds hacking because i am hoping for someone to post a hacking method... lol contradictory to what was said above
Even doctors smoke cigarettes
You know that even unexperienced people can find vulnerabilities right? Hell I found a POSSIBLE vulnerability in the SSFIV savefiles.. But untill we can read the RAM there is no hacking and even then it can be hard.. So to sum this up: No ram dump is no hacks.

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
shakirmoledina said:
@Quincy i hope u submitted yer report to this forum or IRC
Yup, I've submitted it to the forum and cross-examined (phoenix wright ftw) it with the 3DSdev team
smile.gif
(How else would I know it is a possible vuln.? Seeing that every other edit just results in a SAVE CORRUPTED screen and mine does just blackscreen)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Wait, don't close this. He actually is on to something!
ohmy.gif

EDIT: My concern is that the 3DS wouldn' detect the connection.
Please explain how he is onto anything. I feel that your just saying this because of "that thread".

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
Interesting, exactly where would this cable go?
plug it in to sdcard port then plug on end into an adapter then into the computer

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
tom10122 said:
TheDarkSeed said:
Interesting, exactly where would this cable go?
plug it in to sdcard port then plug on end into an adapter then into the computer
That wouldn't work as it would just think "Hey, someone just inserted an SD card in my butt..erm.. SD slot" and try to read the SD card. The SD slot doesn't give you instant write access to the NAND.. And if it would.. ENCRYPTION! Only way that you can possibly do this is rig up an cable on the nand, and then decrypt the NAND content. And then learn to write ARM10 code. Good luck.

Lock please
slotje.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc