OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im having some trouble installing cios.
install returned -1

i tried 2 sd cards formatted with fat16
ive read a few threads on here but im at a loss. im on 3.4e with ios36 v12.18
please can someone point me to the correct cios so i can then install the backup launcher wad?

either that or point me to a thread outlining the solution to this problem

thanks

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to downgrade first, 3.4 blocks any kind of wad installation, check the stickies on the main forum page for how to downgrade.

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
does it also block the installation of cios .dol files though?
if i can figure out how to install the cios, i can run the backup launcher from an SD card instead of installing the channel.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes but it blocks the process your trying to use...
what you need to do is run ios downgrader then download softmii from softmii.org and use the file called IOS16.wad in the wad folder and use Wadmanager to install it...

After that use Custom Wadmanager aka Wad Manager IOS16 to install cIOSrev7.wad in the wad folder...
that will install the cios...

I suggest that you downgrade to 3.2x... read the softmii guide....
-kitt050383

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if he can already run ios downgrader he doesnt need 16.....he already has IOS249 installed if downgrader works.......I think you just said that wrong.

maybe if we inserted a semicolon and removed the then:

"...do is run ios downgrader; download softmii from softmii.org and...."....so he can then run ios downgrader 1.0

hey joesalad, thanks for onslau.....um....I mean...........piracy? .......wads?...................who, Mii?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
3.4 won't block .wad installations, but it will block the software used to install it. That's why you're getting errors.

not really true....the updated IOSs block EVERYTHING that is fakesigned......that means EVERYTHING not made/provided by nintendo, unless you are uberL33T and know team twiizers new method....since you don't the ONLY thing you can install on true 3.4 is IOS16, and then BAM!!!! you have an IOS that can again install fake stuff.....whoohoo.

and btw, that was the 1,000,000th time that was explained......unfortunately many of those times were to the same people multiple times.

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so i can downgrade the ios to 16 using softmii, and this will mean i dont have to downgrade the system firmware in order to install the cios required for backups? is that right?
sorry but i really want to get this clear before i start...

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
to install IOS16 i use:

1. Custom Wad Manager, or
2. IOS Downgrader

i have 2 people telling me to use 2 different apps, which is it?

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thats all i wanted, a link to a tutorial. i even asked for it in the first post.
no offence to anyone but this forum is a mess of half arsed tutorials, some stickied, some not, some old and irrelevant, some old but still relevant. finding what you need is almost impossible, especially using the dubious search button. and finding a thorough, well explained tutorial is like finding a gem in the rough.

thankyou for the link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over