Hacking Yet another Error 324 thread

MrTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've read around the place (yes, plenty of search and google action going on) checking up on how to get the backup loader up and running, and ways of fixing this irritating error that pops up. Nothing I've seen seems to have been all that helpful so far, so I'm diving in to see if anyone has an idea.

My Wii is a PAL Wii on 3.2e, I've got cIOS and used it to (successfully? I think.) dump an iso so I assume that means that bit's working fine, and I have the backup launcher 0.3 gamma on there as well.

The main thing that's gotten me interested in getting this working is the Guitar Hero customs floating around out there. I have attempted to burn one of them three times so far, first on a TDK DVD-RW (just to see if it worked, since the disk was there with useless stuff on it already) and then a TDK DVD-R, both using some form of Nero, I'm not sure what's on that computer. Then I got a small pack of Verbatim DVD-Rs to test with, and burnt a copy with imgburn. As far as I can tell, the burns went fine. All came back verified and whatnot. I don't have much experience burning anything though, so I'm just stumbling through on common sense. So far all the discs have come up with the 324 error. I saw someone suggest trying a proper disc in the launcher to test out that it works properly, so I tried that - it worked fine.

Pretty sure that's all the info related. Hopefully one of you fine fellows has an inkling of what I'm missing and can help me out here, instead of me trying on my own and just using up the last two/four discs on pointless extra copies that end up doing the same thing.

MrTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so tj_cool's suggestion is to uninstall the cIOS? I guess I can try that.

djtaz, I've seen you mention the link in your sig before but whenever I saw that, there was no link there so I figured it was just an old post or something. Whoa, wait. 54 meg? Think I might save that one for later.

MrTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh geez...

Looks like I could've done it just fine all along. Didn't even need to download that pack of yours (impressive and/or handy compilation I must say), I already had the pack from http://www.iol.ie/~taz/backuplauncher0.3_gamma.zip saved on here, the cIOS installer just never ended up making the jump from HDD to SD card and I was just using the wrong one all along. Don't I feel like a right goose now
tongue.gif

Cheers for the helping hand. Back to the shadows I go.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrTaco said:
Oh geez...

Looks like I could've done it just fine all along. Didn't even need to download that pack of yours (impressive and/or handy compilation I must say), I already had the pack from http://www.iol.ie/~taz/backuplauncher0.3_gamma.zip saved on here, the cIOS installer just never ended up making the jump from HDD to SD card and I was just using the wrong one all along. Don't I feel like a right goose now
tongue.gif

Cheers for the helping hand. Back to the shadows I go.

Thats an old file at this stage - i update it quite a bit - if your using old files your going to have quite a few issues so its best to keep things up to date if you can - the WAD channels in the older zip didnt have the 002 fix so some games wont play.
Its worth getting the zip as it has EVERYTHING you will need - and if theres a more recent fix , get the newer zip when the date changes in my signature (you have to be a member to see signatures)

gp_amuro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i tried to burn a few games now and every time, i've been getting error 324.. i burn it on the slowest speed possible.. also tried it on 2.4 X... i use a verbatim dvd -R
i am on 3.2U firmware... i also have cios 249 to run gamma with.. so i dont know what the problem is..

suiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gp_amuro said:
so i tried to burn a few games now and every time, i've been getting error 324.. i burn it on the slowest speed possible.. also tried it on 2.4 X... i use a verbatim dvd -R
i am on 3.2U firmware... i also have cios 249 to run gamma with.. so i dont know what the problem is..

are you sure to have installed the cIOS36 rev7 ??

eventually with SoftChip you can select/change (& of course verify availability) the cIOS you are using

in SoftChip DOS style menu you should read in green: IOS249 (rev7)

if you read that it MUST work
biggrin.gif

anyway error 324 is 99,9% caused by the support... personally I use Verbatim -R (DVD of course), 16x (burnt at 1x if you can), the ones with the orange box... I own more than 30 backups & all worked at 1st burn attempt, I tried also with some old Verbatim +R (even with -R booktype 2/3 didn't work)

gp_amuro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah it said in green IOS249.. i have the rev 7 one... i have no idea whats up.. cause i already wasted 5 verbatim dvd -r's burning them at different speeds and stuff... even as 1x and it still says Error 324...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The good media don't support the writting so slow, unless you have a 25 years old dvd writter......burn them at 8X - 12X - 16X speed, ok..??

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gp_amuro said:
yeah it said in green IOS249.. i have the rev 7 one... i have no idea whats up.. cause i already wasted 5 verbatim dvd -r's burning them at different speeds and stuff... even as 1x and it still says Error 324...

How do you know you have the Rev 7 one out of curiousity ?
You seem confident about it , but have you tried changing it at all - most people who dont change the ios find thats there the problem was all along.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: