Homebrew Yellows8's Browserhax thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlasherX

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi can someone tell me if it is possible to run homebrew/roms on my 3ds because I'm getting confused reading on youtube"BROWESERHAX was PATCHED AND NO LONGER WORKS ON ANY FIRMWARE!" on discription on a video and the comments here.
I have a new3ds with version 9.6.0 and a 3ds xl with 9.9.0-26.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Browserhax could return soon, smealum said that webkit stuffs are "full of bugs and exploitable", and I'm sure they have private entrypoints in case of nintendo patching the public one (what they did)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi can someone tell me if it is possible to run homebrew/roms on my 3ds because I'm getting confused reading on youtube"BROWESERHAX was PATCHED AND NO LONGER WORKS ON ANY FIRMWARE!" on discription on a video and the comments here.
I have a new3ds with version 9.6.0 and a 3ds xl with 9.9.0-26.

Browserhax is only patched on firmware 9.9 and older, you should be able to use it on your n3ds (don't run Zelda triforce heroes or such games like that because they force you to update your console in order to access the web browser)

SlasherX

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok so it's still possible to use if I haven't installed any hack or whatsoever?
So I only need a 3ds and a SD card nothing else?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Browserhax could return soon, smealum said that webkit stuffs are "full of bugs and exploitable", and I'm sure they have private entrypoints in case of nintendo patching the public one (what they did)

Browserhax is only patched on firmware 9.9 and older, you should be able to use it on your n3ds (don't run Zelda triforce heroes or such games like that because they force you to update your console in order to access the web browser)
While the browser is full of bug, but as long as this dummy browser exist, Nintendo can easily break it with some dummy useless firmware update. By that, I mean update which offers nothing new in term of feature or performance, but only to break the freehax, which can be easily done considered Nintendo man power.
Ok so it's still possible to use if I haven't installed any hack or whatsoever?
So I only need a 3ds and a SD card nothing else?
At the moment, if you are on N3DS, you need <10.2 firmware. On O3DS, <9.9. Other than that you need a paid hax.

Last edited by tivu100,

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Apparently it can be -easily- bypassed by using a specific DNS, so as soon as we have a new browser exploit, just put the malicious DNS I think it should solve the problem for ever. (unless you update the firmware)

But the best long-term solution is to buy cubic ninja or even zelda oot, cheaper

Last edited by MasterLel,

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So from my understanding, to play games online, you'd have to be on the latest firmware. Because of that, and because I thought when in Smea's video it clearly stated 10.2 users I'd be okay, I went ahead and updated. That's not the case, obviously. Guess outside of a copy of Cubic Ninja, I'm boned, eh?
Just got my hands on Cubic Ninja today, see you 10.2!

Apparently, BrowserHax is not updated to 2.5 version yet!
Well I am an idiot, turns out I needed the starter kit with the new stuff.

AugustoKazt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hello i want to use eshop spoof, how i can use that? i dont know what is need to have.

i have browserhax to access the hbl.
i have a O3DS sysNAND 9.4

i try using themehax but i dont know how to install it
the only tutorial update i find is usable for me because i dont have any themehax installed on the console
and is required to have the 2.1 version but i doesn't have any themehax installed.

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. And likely CN will always work with newer hax from Smealum in the future (unless Nintendo somehow destroys the 3DS camera)
You must update the system to play a game.
You must update the system to take a picture.
You must update the system to turn on the 3DS.

hello i want to use eshop spoof, how i can use that? i dont know what is need to have.

i have browserhax to access the hbl.
i have a O3DS sysNAND 9.4

i try using themehax but i dont know how to install it
the only tutorial update i find is usable for me because i dont have any themehax installed on the console
and is required to have the 2.1 version but i doesn't have any themehax installed.
Go to smealum.github.io/3ds and download the homebrew starter kit, then go onto HBL and there should be an icon called EShop.

IvanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this forum, but I'm not to a total one when it comes computer/hacking/video games. I was really enjoying the homebrew and browserhax was working a treat for me, I was getting 90% success rare with my O3DS on 10.1.0-27E! I unfortunately updated to 10.2 since I couldn't even open the browser and didn't look at this forum first before doing anything to the console doh! So if I understand the situation I'm basically stuffed, because I have 10.2 now ? I do have Zelda OOT but oothax requires another hax to be able to install, is this correct? So essentially we just wait now for our or lords and saviours smealum and yellows8? :)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this forum, but I'm not to a total one when it comes computer/hacking/video games. I was really enjoying the homebrew and browserhax was working a treat for me, I was getting 90% success rare with my O3DS on 10.1.0-27E! I unfortunately updated to 10.2 since I couldn't even open the browser and didn't look at this forum first before doing anything to the console doh! So if I understand the situation I'm basically stuffed, because I have 10.2 now ? I do have Zelda OOT but oothax requires another hax to be able to install, is this correct? So essentially we just wait now for our or lords and saviours smealum and yellows8? :)
You are kind of screwed for the time being. Cubic Ninja is the way to go right now. Or being patient, whatever works for you.

IvanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For us aussies it's sit and wait, you can't even get Cubic Ninja in the store! Not available in this region!

shadymonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm new here and I recently updated to 10.2 since I couldn't access the web browser anyway.

I just wanna ask, is Browserhax forever dead or are there still chances of it being brought back? Even if it's short-lived, because I'm considering buying Powersaves.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

Knijn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

So I've been reading along for a while now and I still find it all a little confusing.. My o3ds is on 4.4.x and won't allow me to access the browser without updating. Basically my question is, what can I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zt9KMvI-kQs?si=o7yb3GlzURRtZh0o