Not open for further replies.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hey i want to use custom themes again is it possible with the HomeMenuHax
Fixed for you... And, look the "ThemeHax" official thread, latest post!

Do you think it's possible to get Mario Kart 7 hack on BrowserHax like spider exploit?
Not possible ATM... Wait until Smealum releases *Hax2.5 or someone figures out that way you said... Maybe it works, but is just more a speculation right now!

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: Carnelian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fixed for you... And, look the "ThemeHax" official thread, latest post!

Not possible ATM... Wait until Smealum releases *Hax2.5 or someone figures out that way you said... Maybe it works, but is just more a speculation right now!

Thanks

Reactions: fmkid

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought an o3DS with firmware 6.3.0-12U and browser version 1.7552. I have tried running browserhax for over an hour. I have the boot.3dsx, and, at the most, I get a yellow bottom screen followed by an error that takes me back the home menu. Can someone please help?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I recently bought an o3DS with firmware 6.3.0-12U and browser version 1.7552. I have tried running browserhax for over an hour. I have the boot.3dsx, and, at the most, I get a yellow bottom screen followed by an error that takes me back the home menu. Can someone please help?
Here's the problem:
I recently bought an o3DS with firmware 6.3.0-12U and browser version 1.7552.

Last edited by fmkid,

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What fmkid is trying to say, is that currently there is no way to run homebrew launcher on 3DS systems lower than 9.0 via browserhax.

They technically can be exploited, however not for homebrew at this time.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you get the problem:
To explain further, yellows8's site tries to download the ninjhax 2 payload, which only exists for 9.0 and above.

@teampleb this is why the notice about 9.0 should be more obvious for this guide, because it's about using yellows8's site. No one is saying that the exploit doesn't exist, but the payload that the site tries to run doesn't right now.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What fmkid is trying to say, is that currently there is no way to run homebrew launcher on 3DS systems lower than 9.0 via browserhax.

They technically can be exploited, however not for homebrew at this time.
Yeah... Sorry for my bad english, I guess! :lol:

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use this as a Tubehax replacement or to install another hack. How to install:
1) Turn off your wifi.
2) Scan this QR code by pressing "L+R" and selecting the checkerboard icon.

3dsbrowserhax_auto_qrcode.png
3) Select "OK" to launch the web browser.
4) Once the web browser is loaded, quit and enable wifi.
5) You're done! Browserhax is now installed! To launch, just click on the web browser icon. :)

This works on most firmwares up to 10.1. Compatibility list:

Troubleshooting:

Work-around for some homebrew not working (like BlargSNES):

Video of stagefrighthax running on n3DS by ihaveamac:

Video of sliderhax running on o3DS by ihaveamac:

This may or may not work on firmwares below 9.0. If you're below 9.0 please don't ask for help.
Read pls.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but that's quite easy to miss because it's below the instructions and everything. Like I said, it should be "obvious", like near the instructions, so everyone below 9.0 can easily save time.
If you can't read the entire post before asking for help. Then you shouldn't be modding your console.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it so hard to read the entire post before installing it?
Not many people are going to read the entire page the first time; they're going to see just the instructions. Many will read the troubleshooting only if it doesn't work the first time. Not only that, the troubleshooting doesn't state that there's no Ninjhax 2 payload below 9.0.

The way that it's set up makes it easy to miss; even experienced users can miss it because it's not placed properly. Yes, the entire post should be read, but that doesn't negate the fact that moving it to the top/near the instructions would be overall beneficial and time-saving.

Having that 9.0 notice near the instructions will help those lower than that save time by not wasting their time on something that won't work in the end. Telling people to read the entire page or else they shouldn't be running homebrew at all is not really a good thing to do.

One more thing: the list of versions with the exploit might give off a false sense of compatibility. This is why you need to have a more obvious notice that there's no Ninjhax 2 payload below 9.0, so the Homebrew Launcher/boot.3dsx can't be used.

Even if everyone should read everything, a guide can still be improved. I don't know why I had to explain this, but alright.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

RoestVrijStaal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't get it working after zillions of times with my old 3ds despite my browser and OS are of the right version. I manage to get the yellow and gray screen, but then I get back to the home menu with the error occurred info screen.
So I want more info.

I noticed the hax won't be triggered when the slider is selected (= lightblue) when the arrow button group is used to scroll to the slider.

4) Once the web browser is loaded, quit and enable wifi.
How do you have to to trigger this hax? Mashing the home button or "Menu" > "Quit" via the browser itself?
5) You're done! Browserhax is now installed! To launch, just click on the web browser icon. :)
Only ticking on touchscreen allows to trigger the hack or is selection + pressing A fine too?

More questions to teampleb":

What does those yellow and gray screen even say?

Yellow == Attempting to connect to firmware server???

Gray == Downloading firmware, but when one packet is lost the browser will crash???

Could you please provide SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512 Hashes of your last working boot.3ds?

Which browser seach engine to you use for the Internet Browser? Google or Yahoo?

Last edited by RoestVrijStaal,

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it working after zillions of times with my old 3ds despite my browser and OS are of the right version. I manage to get the yellow and gray screen, but then I get back to the home menu with the error occurred info screen.
So I want more info.

I noticed the hax won't be triggered when the slider is selected (= lightblue) when the arrow button group is used to scroll to the slider.

How do you have to to trigger this hax? Mashing the home button or "Menu" > "Quit" via the browser itself?

More questions to teampleb":

What does those yellow and gray screen even say?

Yellow == Attempting to connect to firmware server???

Gray == Downloading firmware, but when one packet is lost the browser will crash???

Could you please provide SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512 Hashes of your last working boot.3ds?

Which browser seach engine to you use for the Internet Browser? Google or Yahoo?
You are massively over thinking this. Just open the browser and click on the slider if your on o3DS. If it doesn't work try again. Also, the boot.3dsx in OP is the latest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.