masterpouret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I just started emulation through Android . I use the Yabba Sanshiro emulatoe and émulation is good with itit. Though, I realized that the Switch is more hot than usual when using it and I can hear little bit the fly of the Switch. Is it not too risky to use it ? Or will my switch break if I use this emulator too ? I'm little bit scared about that.

Thank you for your reply guys !

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my personal experience, I've noticed my switch getting warm when playing long sessions of mupen64 or dolphin in Android, however it's not any warmer than when I play BOTW or Pokemon for hours. The switch naturally gets warm when in use for a while, especially when docked, so just give it a break now and then and you should be fine.

masterpouret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well actually the switch get more hot while not docked and pretty fast I felt, that's why I prefered to ask if it was normal or not. Maybe not more than than if I play botw docked, but I can hear fan. So that's why I was little bit worried.

Thank you to let me know more about it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In my personal experience, I've noticed my switch getting warm when playing long sessions of mupen64 or dolphin in Android, however it's not any warmer than when I play BOTW or Pokemon for hours. The switch naturally gets warm when in use for a while, especially when docked, so just give it a break now and then and you should be fine.

Well actually the switch get more hot while not docked and pretty fast I felt, that's why I prefered to ask if it was normal or not. Maybe not more than than if I play botw docked, but I can hear fan. So that's why I was little bit worried.

Thank you to let me know more about it.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its less the emulator itself and more the clocks you allow it to run in power settings. Quick/maximum set GPU clocks that are closer to docked level and CPU clocks much higher than the official Switch ever uses. I thought yaba was software based rendering so the GPU should be sitting mostly idle, leaving some safe room for that CPU overclock. You can try either reducing accuracy of yaba and/or the performance level to reign in temps.

masterpouret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its less the emulator itself and more the clocks you allow it to run in power settings. Quick/maximum set GPU clocks that are closer to docked level and CPU clocks much higher than the official Switch ever uses. I thought yaba was software based rendering so the GPU should be sitting mostly idle, leaving some safe room for that CPU overclock. You can try either reducing accuracy of yaba and/or the performance level to reign in temps.

Thank you so much for your reply.
I'm sorry I'm kinda a noob with this kind of things and would be much apreciated if you could explain me in details how to do that.

Where is power setting ? Is it a setting from the emulator ? Thank you for your reply.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you so much for your reply.
I'm sorry I'm kinda a noob with this kind of things and would be much apreciated if you could explain me in details how to do that.

Where is power setting ? Is it a setting from the emulator ? Thank you for your reply.
Just go to settings then battery.

masterpouret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you. I will try that ! Do you have any advices for using only Saturn emulators and Moonlight Application with Android ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just go to settings then battery.

Thank you. I will try that ! Do you have any advices for using only Saturn emulators and Moonlight Application with Android ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone,

I just started emulation through Android . I use the Yabba Sanshiro emulatoe and émulation is good with itit. Though, I realized that the Switch is more hot than usual when using it and I can hear little bit the fly of the Switch. Is it not too risky to use it ? Or will my switch break if I use this emulator too ? I'm little bit scared about that.

Thank you for your reply guys !
I would not set the overclock to the highest setting. I have it set to Quick and my Switch barely gets warm at all in Dolphin. The highest setting should only be used with the charger plugged in, it could make your battery swell.
For the record Paper Mario TTYD runs almost perfectly at 2x internal resolution and 40% emulated clock speed override. Emulated clock speed to 40% prevents the audio from going to shit when there's slowdown, which happens in certain areas of Rogueport as well as some other places. Mario Kart Double Dash runs great too. More or less everything else I tried has major framerate issues, or audio issues even with emulated clock speed to 40%. Paper Mario TTYD is a good one to play on your Switch though. Super Paper Mario is playable but anything else Wii I tried is just far too slow and even with 40% clock speed override the audio is crusty.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

masterpouret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would not set the overclock to the highest setting. I have it set to Quick and my Switch barely gets warm at all in Dolphin. The highest setting should only be used with the charger plugged in, it could make your battery swell.
For the record Paper Mario TTYD runs almost perfectly at 2x internal resolution and 40% emulated clock speed override. Emulated clock speed to 40% prevents the audio from going to shit when there's slowdown, which happens in certain areas of Rogueport as well as some other places. Mario Kart Double Dash runs great too. More or less everything else I tried has major framerate issues, or audio issues even with emulated clock speed to 40%. Paper Mario TTYD is a good one to play on your Switch though. Super Paper Mario is playable but anything else Wii I tried is just far too slow and even with 40% clock speed override the audio is crusty.

Thank you guys for all thos explanations. It works much better now thanks to that !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth