Yabause on Wii, please someone do that :

Jilou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Can someone make a patch for Yabause in order to it accepts a multitap ? I think there is a code source for this but not yet on the Wii... With that four Wiimote could be connect and it would be allow to play at four player in games, like in Saturn Bomberman ^^.

Last edited by Jilou,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yabause is on the wii but barely works... the games run at 1 frame per second...

yabause is a proof of concept on wii it barely works at all, if you find a game it works on it must be a miracle lol, most games either dont work or work so slow its impossible to play.No one is picking that dropped project from 10 years ago and randomly add multitap to an emulator that barely works.

Last edited by pedro702,

Jilou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your answers. I'm spending a lot of hours in Saturn bomberman with Yabause on Wii. It's possible :
This game worths playing, it's the best Bomberman ever ! Do you still think it's unplayable when you see this video ?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for your answers. I'm spending a lot of hours in Saturn bomberman with Yabause on Wii. It's possible :
This game worths playing, it's the best Bomberman ever ! Do you still think it's unplayable when you see this video ?

congratulations you probably found 1 out of the 3 or 4 games that actually are "playable" on the wii.Now dont expect people to add a nich feature like multitap to an emulator that runs 3 or 4 games that was dropped years and years ago.Also the sound is awful you can see the emulator is struggling to even play this game that is so simple.

Reactions: Kopimist

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Honestly your best best is to emulate the Saturn on PC. Most emulators on PC for it are damn near flawless. I agree with @pedro702 yabause for Wii was just a proof of concept and almost no games are playable on it.

I would love to see a Saturn emulator on WiiU mode though, but nobody seems to be interested in developing one sadly and I lack the skills to even attempt it.

Jilou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
On my phone too, there isn't multitap option in yaba sanshiro ...
But I don't know if it's complicate to make a patch for Yabause multitap on Wii... If it's quite easy, maybe someone could do that and let people use it or not...
It exists for WiiSRX multitap on Wii (even if I don't know how to use it for the moment...)... It will be also a good option to do that for Yabause on Wii I think !

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Generally, it's not that easy to modify such a huge source code if you've never seen it.
1st it has to be "compilable", no missing file and correct library to find.
2d, studying gigantic code and searching the interesting part is like looking for a needle in a haystack sometimes.

By the way, how is the performance on Wii (not Wii-u) with that Bomberman game?

Jilou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Generally, it's not that easy to modify such a huge source code if you've never seen it.
1st it has to be "compilable", no missing file and correct library to find.
2d, studying gigantic code and searching the interesting part is like looking for a needle in a haystack sometimes.

By the way, how is the performance on Wii (not Wii-u) with that Bomberman game?

Now I'm trying Saturn Bomberman on Wii (not Wii-U) and the performance is equal to on Wii U (without Overclocking, I have never play with overclock...). But don't forget to change the settings parameters like the video on YouTube shows.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1