Looks awesome, saw a video of it running firefox
biggrin.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you save typed docs to the sd card?

I ask because I want to buy one for my gf and provide her with a game system, dvd player, browser, and backup word processor all-in-one.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried this? What and where do I copy these folders to in the zip to make this work?

This sounds pretty damn cool... This could definately open up a VLC media port in the future, I would imagine.

Whoops...was reading more into it and it was included in the package... this is awesome!

If anyone has or knows how to install this on my Wii... please post a how to... I am not real familiar w/ Linux...but this is definately what I've been also waiting to see happen for my Wii.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
What about SDHC-Cards? I've only have one Card left, and the one is SDHC...
frown.gif

@IronMask: It's not that easy...you have to partitionate the SD-Card, install the kernel...etc...you'll probably need a Linux for this (Live-CD?)

t7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDHC should work, but I dunno if any of us have really tested it yet.

To install you need to follow the whiite install instructions, you will need to use fdisk or some other
partitioning tool, no questions about it.

If you need the .dol, you can get it from the gc-linux sourceforge, that will be booting the SECOND partition on your sdcard (/dev/rvlsda2)

Bert's doesn't have a text editor that I know of, but I was going to include one in my Gentoo distro I'll be releasing whenever this horrible compiling stops and I can finally add more applications.

So a quick breakdown, you backup whatever is on your sdcard on your computer and then reformat it. Choose how much space you'd like to allocate to the HBC, that will be your first partition, /rvlsda1, this will need to be a vfat partition.
The rest of the space should be allocated in a second ext3 partition, this is where you will house your xwhiite, you will need to mount /dev/rvlsda2 and then unzip bert's files to that, for the HBC, you'll need to drop in the kernel.dol and those image/xml files if that's yer thing. If you don't know linux or use windows I've heard it suggested to get yerself a ubuntu livecd and use the GParted that's available on that. You can mount ext2/3 in windows with applications but you're much better off doing it in linux and most people willing to help you will most likely have most experience with the linux utilities (fdisk is crazy easy to use once you get it)

Also, by the way, any of you can add applications to whiite or xwhiite just using apt-get. Look up some documentation on that if you want to add to it, really, there isn't much to putting Linux on Wii as the GC-Linux team has already made it so easy for us.

Fellipepb07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is that difficulty to make another partition in windows?
And...Is it worth the work? I mean, is it good enogh ?
because an OS in the Wii would be great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-