Maid-chan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
I already rooted my phone with gingerbreak v1.2 .And I add busybox in it. My question is, is it safe if I update it from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3?

P.S. : after root, is my phone need more app to rooting?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tip to you: you can continue from your old post actually.

I'm no rooting expert so I can't say much
tongue.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Didn't notice your new post, so I'll just post a copy here as well, I guess. =/

It depends on how you are going to update your Xperia Arc. The more common way people are updating is through FlashTool and flashing the 2.3.3 ROM onto the phone, since Sony Ericsson or their carrier hasn't pushed out an update yet. This, however, effectively removes the root, and GingerBreak does not support 2.3.3 yet, meaning you're pretty much stuck without root.

There is a method someone discovered though. It requires you to flash a generic ROM running 2.3.2, root the phone with Gingerbreak, and then perform the Over-the-Air Update to 2.3.3. More details over here.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Flat Pudding said:
So, before update to 2.3.3, I must unroot first?
You shouldn't have to. Flashing a new ROM will overwrite all existing data on your phone, and that includes the root itself. Just know that the only method to get a rooted 2.3.3 Arc is by flashing the generic 2.3.2 ROM, rooting, and then performing the over-the-air update through the phone settings. It's also very important that you do not have an unlocked bootloader (you'll have to have done that through Sony Ericsson's website).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ