XOPAD, first open source USB game controller

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just...it seems like this would appeal to a very specific type of person. It's bulky, it's ugly, and it's not cheap enough to give it an edge over anything currently on the market. Bluetooth isn't for everyone, I get that, but nearly every recent Android device that's worth it's weight has at least Bluetooth 2.0, and the number of controllers available are staggering. And yes, the HID support sounds great, but five seconds of Googling combined with a little effort and you can get nearly any available controller to work with most Android games.
If this is your cup of tea, go for it, but I don't think it's for most of us.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice for those games that really need physical controls. It may make or break game purchases because of the vastly improved controls by using a gamepad -- in my experience any non-casual game with touch controls can get hard and frustrating in no time at all. Rage quit -> Uninstall.This will be a hit with emulator fans (even though it may may you look like you are carrying around a Klingon sword). Unfortunately, the lack of "legacy" support for pre-hc devices (sans those that are hid-hacked) is very sad. :(

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Make one for iOS (jailbreak req) and we will talk.

I have a USB gamepad (made from a SNES gamepad) which works just fine on iOS WITHOUT jailbreak and is compatible with almost all iCade enabled games. As well as android/pc/mac etc. It is very cheap to build and is open source too. It does require a Camera Connection Kit to work on iOS though, but thats no biggy.

adrenochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
first android gamepad that look like a finished product and that look made from good quality materials, i'll definately buy it for my xiaomi mi-2

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
touch screen is fine for casual gaming or games specifically designed with touchscreen in mind. download and try the android port of another world, touch screen makes the simplest actions get you killed.

-another world

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"Oh my God that's huge and bulky, I don't doubt it would be fun to play with but I wouldn't want to have to lug it around all day."

touch screen is fine for casual gaming or games specifically designed with touchscreen in mind. download and try the android port of another world, touch screen makes the simplest actions get you killed.
1UM19eV.jpg

:tpi:

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I prefer smaller breasts, they have a longer shelf life and don't sag with time and get all stretch marked, I have to say the big bazooms trigger some uncontrollable desire in the primal mating sector of my brain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: Are we quoting Greasy Strangler or Napoleon Dynamite? Haven't seen either in a fat minute