tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
XODE and WODE Update
XODE - the WODE for the XBOX
The Team behind WODE just sent out a Mail onto their Mailing list, announcing their Version of the x360key and an upcoming WODE Firmware Update - including a Web Interface.

QUOTE said:
Dear Customers,

X360KEY is coming... ETA end of june...

we can only say this: "XBOX OPTICAL DRIVE EMULATOR aka XODE" is coming... For now we can not release specific information or images, which would benefit x360key...
after seeing the features and prices x360key we can say that:

1- Fortunately x360key follows the "old" approach of Wode... XODE instead introduces a new way of working really original... we will surprise you.
2- XODE will work on XBOX SLIM since its launch with a 100% support of AP25.
3-Half price then a X360KEY in production!!! thanks the new "original" concept of point 1...

We plan to release a first proof of working at middle/end of may with a nice video working on a X360 SLIM console... and a detailed review near the release of X360KEY... Production will be ready on JULY.

We advise all to wait before place BIG pre-orders from WIIKEY/X360KEY team, it is wise to don't risk too much... after not tell us that there were not warned...

PS: we found time also to update WODE platform, finally the WEB interface is almost ready, we plan to release this feature next week.

PPSS: official website of XODE is www.xodejukebox.com soon online...

Stay tuned
WODE TEAM "THE ORIGINAL ONE"

Source

Contributed by fabi280

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
x360key costs way too much considering you can flash your drive for free, but half that price for XODE seems reasonable.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no we need the DODE - Dreamcast optical disc emulator. that would be fantastic. and thought of by me, i posted it somewhere on here.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Frozen_Fish said:
x360key costs way too much considering you can flash your drive for free, but half that price for XODE seems reasonable.

The email says 'half the price in production'. That means how much it'll cost them to make it, not how much it'll cost you to buy it. Tricky.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Something won't work right, they'll say it does in the advertising, hide that's it's not deep in the forums where you'll only look after buying and finding out it doesn't work right, and tell you you where told and it's not their fault they didn't bother making everything you paid for the thing for work.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At least they say delayed wode features will be out soon that's one advantage of the xode project. I just hope xode doesn't have a missing important feature like streaming audio this time round.

VashTS said:
no we need the DODE - Dreamcast optical disc emulator. that would be fantastic. and thought of by me, i posted it somewhere on here.

I've told them time and time again classic system drive emu's are a must

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OrGoN3 said:
Live support or GTFO.

Because all those with JTAG, banned or simply offline/off live (see system link being viable with the right conditions) boxes are having such a terrible time?

I might also echo some of the classic/older system stuff- I quite often get asked to fix such things and replacements are getting harder and harder to source (not to mention potential issues with degradation). Other than the GC and original xbox (ish) I am not aware of anything.
I am not sure how profitable such a venture would be though- emulators have long been viable for all but the last gen stuff (even then the PS2 and GC are making serious inroads and ignoring that many games appeared on the PC I hear rumblings of xbox related stuff). Granted I might be able to stretch to a DODE as there is a fairly active fanbase there.
On the flipside such a thing might make for some nice portable consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since