Hardware XG Flash 2 Turbo Link Battery

Arranf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently purchased a XG Flash 2 Turbo flash card after spotting it had an RTC in it. I loaded up Pokemon Emerald and received a message telling me the internal battery was dry. I opened up the cartridge and looked at the (only?) battery. It seems to match this battery (marking say 2020 Panasonic 3V Li) which implies that it's rechargeable.

How will the battery charge? I'm leaving it in the slot in my GB Micro while it's on but I'm not sure if I expect that to charge the battery or not, is it simply a case of replacing it?

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Plugging it into the computer via USB is supposed to charge the battery. If you have one of the cables that also charges a GBA, you can just leave it attached to the computer with the loader open. If you have a cable that doesn't have the charge cable, make sure your GBA is fully charged and plug it into the computer.

Either way you'll have to keep it plugged in for a few hours...

If that doesn't work the battery is crap.

Arranf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Plugging it into the computer via USB is supposed to charge the battery. If you have one of the cables that also charges a GBA, you can just leave it attached to the computer with the loader open. If you have a cable that doesn't have the charge cable, make sure your GBA is fully charged and plug it into the computer.

Either way you'll have to keep it plugged in for a few hours...

If that doesn't work the battery is crap.

When you say with the loader open do you mean the computer program or the Start+Select screen with the cart?

EDIT: Answered this myself, I came back after leaving the GBM charging from the socket for two hours and the internal battery message did not appear. Thanks for your help Thaddius!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it...