Not open for further replies.

JustOnePost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I posted another topic but it was deleted or didn't post properly or something.

Pretty much, did the first temple, saved, then quit. When I turned the DS back on, save data was corrupted.

It appears that Spirit Tracks isn't fully or properly patched yet, at least with the Xenophobia patch. Has anyone else had this problem?

I can see it happening later on in the game as well, some people are gonna rage. I'm pretty annoyed as it is, I lost my save data.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
It isn't fail. It worked for most of us. It still doesn't work on some flashcarts btw.
You didn't even state what flashcart you're using wtf.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JustOnePost said:
Hey all. I posted another topic but it was deleted or didn't post properly or something.

Pretty much, did the first temple, saved, then quit. When I turned the DS back on, save data was corrupted.

It appears that Spirit Tracks isn't fully or properly patched yet, at least with the Xenophobia patch. Has anyone else had this problem?

I can see it happening later on in the game as well, some people are gonna rage. I'm pretty annoyed as it is, I lost my save data.

If you think it fails so much, why bother using it? It doesn't fail at all, it works for me.

JustOnePost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry bout that, I mentioned it in the other topic.

I'm using a R4 revolution running YS Menu firmware.

The game runs flawlesly until this secret AP kicks in, it's something Xenophobia has missed. It jumped out of nowhere, and I fear that there are more unpatched piracy checks in the game.

Posts merged

I am r4ymond said:
JustOnePost said:

If you think it fails so much, why bother using it? It doesn't fail at all, it works for me. Like that's Xenophobia's problem.

Yeah, you say that now. I thought it was working too. But it's not 100%, and people aren't that far in the game yet, theres bound to be more issues.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194...p;#entry2437243 by any chance
moogle.gif

Looks like you need a name change aswell now to JustFourPosts

TehLink

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This def is not true, I just beat the first temple and saved. My save file is perfectly fine and I'm using R4 with YSMenu. You must have messed it up yourself.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JustOnePost said:

The game runs flawlesly until this secret AP kicks in, it's something Xenophobia has missed. It jumped out of nowhere, and I fear that there are more unpatched piracy checks in the game.

Posts merged

I am r4ymond said:
JustOnePost said:

If you think it fails so much, why bother using it? It doesn't fail at all, it works for me. Like that's Xenophobia's problem.

Yeah, you say that now. I thought it was working too. But it's not 100%, and people aren't that far in the game yet, theres bound to be more issues.

It's not Xenophobia's fault that they missed an AP. After all, this is free, am I right? There's no need to whine about one single thing, for one single game. It's not their main duty to notice all the AP in games, is it?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xenophobia fails for many reasons, but their patch works.
It's just some cards won't create a proper save file.

R4/YSMenu/DSTT all work with the patch and save properly

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
The easiest way to get working games is to just buy them.
mellow.gif

People complaining about not being able to pirate properly?

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
JustOnePost said:

Posts merged

I am r4ymond said:
JustOnePost said:

I'm up to the 3rd or 4th dungeon, and it's working fine for me.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The save issue is not AP. It's a flash cart issue that is usually solved with a cheat code or a firmware update (hell, you can fix this just by downloading a proper save). This is way below the hackers level so they don't bother patching this.

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
On the cycloDS it creates a save but when you try to boot it up again the save is gone :\ it happens for both me and my buddy =\. Although i doubt its xenophobia's fault, I'm more lenient towards the cart being the problem.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Translucentbill said:
On the cycloDS it creates a save but when you try to boot it up again the save is gone :\ it happens for both me and my buddy =\. Although i doubt its xenophobia's fault, I'm more lenient towards the cart being the problem.
It is the cart... or more specifically, a lack of fix in the firmware.
It's not creating a proper sized save file, so when the game loads up it sees it as "corrupt" and throws it out.
Apparently if you load up DeSmuME (worst name ever) and make a save file, you can use it on the CycloDS.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
twiztidsinz said:
Translucentbill said:
It is the cart... or more specifically, a lack of fix in the firmware.
It's not creating a proper sized save file, so when the game loads up it sees it as "corrupt" and throws it out.
Apparently if you load up DeSmuME (worst name ever) and make a save file, you can use it on the CycloDS.

If you know its a cart problem, then why are you talking shit about Xenophobia? They don't have to fix games to work on your flashcard...

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What're you using? There are special instructions for M3 in the topic. If it's CycloDS, you pretty much have to do the same thing or use the RTS feature. Make an initial save in desmume then copy that as a generic .sav file using the "export backup" option, then stick it on your card and it should work. Saving problem solved. Also: iNFiNiTY. Christ man...what are you, president of the XPA fanclub? Relax, dude. Though really, the issue is easily fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: