Hacking Xenoblade Chronicles with CFG Loader Help

variantLegend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using Configurable USB Loader v70 with IOS 58 installed on my Wii, with System Menu 4.3U, and everything has worked fine. I've played Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, FRAGILE DREAMS: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, and The Last Story WBFS's exactly like they would run on the original disc through this exact configuration of CFG Loader. It was also able to download all of the covers and everything in the loader has worked perfectly, but whenever I try to play a Xenoblade Chronicles WBFS, it shows the "Loading Disc" screen for about a second, the safety screen (with the "wii remote strap" instructions), and then the screen goes completely black. It's not completely frozen, because whenever I press the home button, it shows the "home not available" image (like when there's a cutscene or something like that and you try to press the home button, it shows the home button crossed out in red) and whenever I try to turn my Wii off through the power button on the Wiimote, the wiimote turns off for about 2 seconds and it shows the "Communications with the Wii remote have been disconnected." screen. If it helps, I downloaded the ISO from *Link to ROM removed* I downloaded all of the .rar files and merged them together through the "Extract here" method, making them all into one ISO file, then put the ISO into WBFS Manager and converted it to a .wbfs file, putting it on a WBFS 16GB USB.
I'd like if someone could help with this, I've been wanting to play Xenoblade Chronicles for years but could never find a good physical copy of it.
Thanks.

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: Don't link to ROMs

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit the download link out. Links to pirated software aren't allowed here.

My only advice would be to dump a new copy from an original disc. Xenoblade isn't one of the problem games so that image is probably bad.

variantLegend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit the download link out. Links to pirated software aren't allowed here.

My only advice would be to dump a new copy from an original disc. Xenoblade isn't one of the problem games so that image is probably bad.
Sorry about the link, forgot to read the rules before I posted, I was in a a hurry to try to solve the problem. What do you mean by "one of the problem games"?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the link, forgot to read the rules before I posted, I was in a a hurry to try to solve the problem. What do you mean by "one of the problem games"?

There are a few games that require a different IOS (like CoD: Black Ops) and a VERY small amount (like Tintin) that won't run at all with a cIOS. Xenoblade is not one of those. Just standard IOS249[56] should work.

variantLegend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few games that require a different IOS (like CoD: Black Ops) and a VERY small amount (like Tintin) that won't run at all with a cIOS. Xenoblade is not one of those. Just standard IOS249[56] should work.
I think I have IOS248 installed in base 56, but I'll try to see if it will run with 249 in 56.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would it be ok to install cIOS 249 base 56 and cIOS 250 base 57?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have IOS248 installed in base 56, but I'll try to see if it will run with 249 in 56.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would it be ok to install cIOS 249 base 56 and cIOS 250 base 57?

Yep. That's the standard. You can also do IOS251[58] but you have to use the actual d2x installer homebrew to do that one. :/ I'm not sure what games need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I lost an online friend today who i knew since 2021