ROM Hack Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Graphics Settings

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
going above 1.0 will get you "glares" such as duplicates of your blue lines and glitchy screen effects in general. it doesn't really do anything else
The quality is incredible, when we set up 1.0 even if we tweak blur etc the game still blur a little it's disturbing but 2.5 makes everything so clean. I'm gonna stay with those settings until I get some glitchs as you said

Reactions: Medel87

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I just edited my post. Didn't think anything that's already known from pre-release trailers and the Direct would cause offense.

Oh I get it, you also turned off anti-aliasing. That certainly helps improving performance even more. Still, I guess I won't do this because of image quality concerns. Anyway, that particular cutscene is probably one of the most demanding in the entire game with all those environmental effects.

Does disabling "furBlur" remove fur shading entirely or just the blur effect?
furblur is just one of the 3 different kinds of blur effects in the game. blur2 is just far more demanding than the other two as for your quality concerns here is docked and handheld
2022072916460400-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F4545399F5.jpg

2022072916461700-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F4545399F5.jpg

Last edited by deathblade200,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The quality is incredible, when we set up 1.0 even if we tweak blur etc the game still blur a little it's disturbing but 2.5 makes everything so clean. I'm gonna stay with those settings until I get some glitchs as you said
literally go into any battle and you will see the exact issue I stated or get close to a container and you will see the top of the screen glitch. if you think 2.5 looks better though its 100% a placebo. this is how your game should look at 1.0 with my settings. his jacket gives a good example of quality
2022073106504300-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F4545399F5.jpg

Last edited by deathblade200,
Reactions: cobjak

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you share this config?

Lyzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then that means you must have installed exefs patch.
How I know that? Because stream\dumpbin folder call doesn't exist in game, I fully made it up. :ph34r: So it cannot work without my patch.

Edit: I think I get you know.
You thinked that method without DLC wouldn't work if you have DLC installed? :rofl:
No, that's not how this works. Just by not using method for DLC owners you are making maintaining your config a worse experience. New game update will come, you will install it and poof - it doesn't work. This is what you will get in near future.
yes exactly. i am actually trying your DLC method but as i said before, i don't have a file named 010074F013263001. why?

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
for those that are not sensitive to lower vertical resolution, here's the setting that only half the vertical resolution and disabled furblur.

Attachments

• only vertical downscale at 98. use with reversenx docked.zip
    5 KB · Views: 74

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
literally go into any battle and you will see the exact issue I stated or get close to a container and you will see the top of the screen glitch. if you think 2.5 looks better though its 100% a placebo
No issue in battle but on cutscenes (very slow and strange color like broken lcd aha)
But I admit in this game every settings looks like placebo

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No issue in battle but on cutscenes (very slow and strange color like broken lcd aha)
But I admit in this game every settings looks like placebo
if you didn't see it in battle then you are most likely use to the effect and don't know that it doesn't belong there. there is a LOT of extra flashing and what I can only describe as looking like glares. but yes most settings do nothing or have a limit

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you didn't see it in battle then you are most likely use to the effect and don't know that it doesn't belong there. there is a LOT of extra flashing and what I can only describe as looking like glares. but yes most settings do nothing or have a limit

do you have a newer config or is your most recent config the one from the old thread? if you have a new one, can you share it please? thanks

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Yeah please share it :) want to see it with my own eyes :D

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah please share it :) want to see it with my own eyes :D
Forget it if you want to watch cutscenes.
Maybe you're right. Finally I'll play with regular settings but with 1.0 resolution until we find something to break limits of the game.

Fortunately for regular users the game is way more beautiful and stable

Unfortunately for us modding the game is almost the same as default. I just tried with and without mod and the only thing we obtain by modding is - 5% less blur and slow cutscenes...

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget it if you want to watch cutscenes.

Maybe you're right. Finally I'll play with regular settings but with 1.0 resolution until we find something to break limits of the game.

Fortunately for regular users the game is way more beautiful and stable

Unfortunately for us modding the game is almost the same as default. I just tried with and without mod and the only thing we obtain by modding is - 5% less blur and slow cutscenes...
the quality is much clearer to me than default it just doesn't look as clear as something like XC DE and slow cutscenes still aren't a thing for me even when I was testing portable performance

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
your tid is wrong, read first post again

it must be for layeredfs to work. This means that either you don't have romfs mod or is in wrong titleid folder
Ty sharp! why must you post the graphics mod inside the dlc folder AND the game titleid folder anyways?

If you look at
DunArd's v1.1 Dock Preset.rar
You will see no romfs_metadata.bin. Did he mess up? just use the one from 1.0 package or..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?