Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because the 4x mod is useless. The game doesn't accept values that high and doesn't do anything with it. The same goes for this "MIchael Chen"s 3x res mod by the way. The game doesn't accept anything higher than 2.5.
Useless would mean it doesn't work, 4x and 3x mods might cap out at 2.5x resolution but they still work.

for example: "red_AtMaxX": 3.0
will the game use 2.5 or the default value 1.0?
It will use the default max. Otherwise people using 4x and 3x mods wouldn't see a difference in unmodded.

w1ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Why doesn't emu scaling work -properly- with this again? (or does it?)

I mean why are we using mods? Is it an engine thing, or something that will potentially get fixed down the road?

Reactions: Dr_Andrew

andmoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yuzu EA-2876: fast! 50-60 FPS.
After fight 4 TIMES that boss that is 3 fights i a row and crash right after it, tried 2876 + Vulkan and it works.
Just reached Colony 4 without any issues.
AND the game looks gorgeous with Vulkan + FSR + Quality mod. The best image quality until now.

i7 [email protected] - 3080Ti - 16GB Ram 3200Mhz

Reactions: Arnauw and totxxx

w1ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yuzu EA-2876: fast! 50-60 FPS.
After fight 4 TIMES that boss that is 3 fights i a row and crash right after it, tried 2876 + Vulkan and it works.
Just reached Colony 4 without any issues.
AND the game looks gorgeous with Vulkan + FSR + Quality mod. The best image quality until now.

i7 [email protected] - 3080Ti - 16GB Ram 3200Mhz

Particles still missing with that build though right?

Edit: Cutscenes, at least when played through the Event Theatre, are still crashing (with Vulkan) on that build for me

The only setup that doesn't crash/allows me to play for hours here, is the custom Yuzu build (that solves the memory leak issue) with the ResMod, but this has missing particle effects, and sounds desync/don't play during cutscenes.

Last edited by w1ll0w,

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't emu scaling work -properly- with this again? (or does it?)

I mean why are we using mods? Is it an engine thing, or something that will potentially get fixed down the road?
Emu scaling only works for some games, in Xenoblade games it causes black lines on screen and in the UI. Could be something the emulators could fix down the line, but I'm not sure.

w1ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Emu scaling only works for some games, in Xenoblade games it causes black lines on screen and in the UI. Could be something the emulators could fix down the line, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, emu scaling seams to be causing some artifacts, but since I didn't try the previous Xenoblades in emus before, I wasn't sure if it was because it's a new game, or an inherent issue with the specific engine.

Sndrea9332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Particles still missing with that build though right?

Edit: Cutscenes, at least when played through the Event Theatre, are still crashing (with Vulkan) on that build for me

The only setup that doesn't crash/allows me to play for hours here, is the custom Yuzu build (that solves the memory leak issue) with the ResMod, but this has missing particle effects, and sounds desync/don't play during cutscenes.
i'm playing with the same custom build plus resmod and yeah, i played like 8+ hours without a crash.

Anyway i haven't experienced missing sound/desync in cutscene so far.
Many people pointed out missing particle effect. can you tell me exaclty which ones? i've started playing directly with this custom build after reading the whole thread so maybe i just can't see the difference cause i've seen only this.

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i'm playing with the same custom build plus resmod and yeah, i played like 8+ hours without a crash.

Many people pointed out missing particle effect. can you tell me exaclty which ones? i've started playing directly with this custom build after reading the whole thread so maybe i just can't see the difference cause i've seen only this.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 missing particles #8663
https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu/issues/8663

Reactions: Sndrea9332

Sndrea9332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by Sndrea9332,

w1ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus

It's not all cutscenes (I think), but in some, sound effects (lasers, etc.) seem to be not playing or playing with the wrong timing or something. Not a deal breaker for sure.

Last edited by w1ll0w,

XXeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
game looks absolutely stunning in vulkan and FSR. cant wait to see whats possible with future mods and optimisations.

Screenshot 2022-07-30 210630.png

Muskito98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ryujinx OpenGL crashes when opening the menu. Ryujinx Vulkan crashes when I try to install the DLC.
Yuzu OpenGL has memory leak and crashes after sometime. Yuzu Vulkan crashes in some cutscenes.
Both emulators, on OpenGL and Vulkan, is still missing particles.

Guess I have to wait till they fix these issues to finally play this game.

MarkM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ryujinx OpenGL crashes when opening the menu. Ryujinx Vulkan crashes when I try to install the DLC.
Yuzu OpenGL has memory leak and crashes after sometime. Yuzu Vulkan crashes in some cutscenes.
Both emulators, on OpenGL and Vulkan, is still missing particles.

Guess I have to wait till they fix these issues to finally play this game.
I have absolutely zero crashes in Yuzu OpenGL and no issues with the memory leak. Just use custom build from main topic.

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not all cutscenes (I think), but in some, sound effects (lasers, etc.) seem to be not playing or playing with the wrong timing or something. Not a deal breaker for sure.
In general I think the game has odd sound design. There's a lot of times where the sound is low or they just don't have one. I don't think it's an emulator thing. I think it's the game itself. I've been watching some people stream the game from the switch and the the lack of punchy sound effects just seems to be part of the game.

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA Yuzu build, I play for an hour and it crashes, with the custom build I can play for more time, but it still crashes for me.
That might be a hardware issue. I don't know. I have an RTX 3060 ti, I can play a long time without a crash. At the very least, length of time has no baring on crashing. The custom build can crash. But it's usually because of a very specific thing, like a cutscene. In every one of these cases, starting the game without my resmod and watching the cutscene allowed me to get through with no issues and then I simply saved, stopped the game and put my mod back on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY