ROM Hack Question Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC has been removed error

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna show my utmost thanks for this comment, I've been doing research on how to play my favorite game of all time again with the best quality since it's something I've always dreamed of doing when the game was released. This comment in particular really helped me achieve this because I forgot to dump the other small DLC packages during my initial dump, and I can finally do so after days of trial and error with figuring everything out with Yuzu, Ryu, modding, switch hacking, etc... Anyways, I hope you really enjoyed your playthrough and the game at least made some impact on you. Now, I'm about to hop in! I haven't since played 2018 when torna released, ahhh the memories...
Glad everything turned out great for ya :). DLC with standalone option tend to be problematic b/c it can be confusing toward compatibility.
Its just easier if you own the content hence just dumping them yourself instead of downloading something from the net that might not work. But thats not much of an issue with the current new games. I gotta finish up Torna at some point, just hard to catch free time with my new job an all is why the uploading ceased for months.

ruimineric1997

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just stumbled on this same issue mainly b/c I accidentally deleted my old super xci of this game that had been working since 2018 after I was testing it out on Yuzu emulator. Which btw is now fully playable with the latest build.
This might be a problem towards those who bought the game+dlc, but decided to use dumped dlc which our save file refuses to cooperate. So if you own everything this guide should help for future reference.
1. Make sure you have all of the official DLC downloaded from Eshop I had the Expansion pass so if you had
that you should already have them installed automatically since Torna DLC is part of that.

2. Use NXdumptool to dump all of the XC2 DLC - (you dump without tickets and remove specific console data) [ Honestly this could be the issue with some of the dlc floating around the net causing these types of errors] since the said dlc is bound to a specific switch that can only read it.

3. Now once your done dumping you can install the dlc's like normal or pack them all into 1 xci like I did (sxos user) with nscbuilder app.

4. The game should now load your save :) enjoy
Also I noticed NXdumptool did not show that I had the My Nintendo Bonus Items dlc despite having the expansion pass so I had to download that nsp from a warez. Its really not that important if you use a save editor anyway for max items.
I use my 2nd Atmosphere Switch to dump all the dlc's since my sxos switch cannot go into eshop
but now everything works on both emunand/sysnand on the sxos switch.
Mind if you could help me with this, I’m still pretty much stuck on the same issue… :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1