Xenoblade and Loadiine

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by frostii, Dec 1, 2015.

1. frostii
    OP

frostii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2009
    United States
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi everybody,

With arguably the biggest release of the year coming out for our beloved Wii U, I had a few questions regarding the EU/US release of Xenoblade and our ability to play it through Loadiine......

1. I'm on 5.3.2, will I need to spoof it to 5.5 to play online? Is that even possible?
    2. There are apparently download packs on the eshop which will speed up loading. Any thoughts on how these can be installed for Loadiine users?

I've tried to avoid all spoilers for this game, as I don't want to ruin the experience! So I apologize if these questions are pointless. Does anyone know what the online is like for this game? For example, is it co-op? In other words, is the online a major component and we're gonna be missing out by staying on 5.3.2?

Thanks in advance for any replies. And a massive thanks to the Loadiine developers, you guys rock!

2. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Xenoblade X, btw.
    PS Original Xenoblade is better btw.

3. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    I don't see how these two question relate to Loadiine at all, Loadiine gives you the possibility to load a game from SD card, and you need to have the dumped files of that game in your sd card with its rpx file to be able to load it, and so far online is not supported with Loadiine.

4. Azel

Azel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    packs won't be recongnized for now, and you don't need them, everything will be on your sd card.

unrelated but I was surprised to see special edition XenoX yesterday at FNAC (one of biggest retailer in france (was supprised they were breaking street dates there)), since it's supposed to be on shelves on dec 4th. (not sure since when it was there)

5. oumoumad

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    They usually just put empty boxes until release.

6. Azel

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    that was the special edition (carboard), there was two of them and they seemed quite full. (I mean you could just go and buy them, take it to the counter etc, not pre-order boxes)

7. LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
    Not being able to play online is a minor problem since it's the smallest 'feature' of the game.

You can use NPC versions of your friends characters to back up your party in online missions and also compete in battles against world bosses with up to 32 random guys for loot and achievements.

It's fun, but it won't kill you if you won't be able to partake.

Azel likes this.
  8. oumoumad

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    You're right ! I saw some of them in leboncoin, people trying to sell them for over 300 euro !!

Azel likes this.
  9. Azel

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    LOL 300€ Leboncoin craze I guess xD
    (to others : LeBonCoin is some kind of a french Craigslist, if you will)

10. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Do you mean Xenogears?

11. Azel

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    I suppose he does :)

12. MiZ J0K3R

MiZ J0K3R GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2015
    So frostii U will need to hunt in squad missions or will be really hard to farm hard itens!
    Completing a Squad Mission u will earn Tickets and with tickets u change for rare material!
    Is it! but if u can hax with Gecko, i will give to u some codes to earn ticket/money/miranium ^^

frostii likes this.
  13. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The DLC used to "speed the loading time" is the exact game files.
    This is not an update, but a "speed" pack.

As the WiiU doesn't officially allow installation of disc to USB HDD, they are releasing download packs to install the game on HDD for users who are bying the disc, and speed the load time instead of loading from the disc.
    Users who are buying the eShop version don't need additional download because that's already installed on HDD.
    If you are using loadiine, you are already NOT using the disc, so there's no speed to improve. you are already loading the files from SD card. You don't need to replace the original files with the (identical) DLC files.

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    well i imagine if lodiine was capable of using properly installed dlc/updates there could be a speed boost gained from loading somes files from SD and some via USB HD....split the load same reason for th speed boost helping people playing from disk, but eshop users wouldn't see a boost as it would be loading the "speed boost" files and the game from the same media

but yeah its not possible atm anyway

15. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yes, if DLC could be used with loadiine, these packs would help speed wise.
    I think DLC needs IOS hack, it's the one reading the meta.xml and provides access rights to folders.

16. frostii
    OP

frostii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2009
    United States
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thank you all for your replies.

Can I confirm then please, that if I spoof to 5.5 and buy the disc, I will be able to access the online parts no problem?
    Will I be able to access the eshop to download these 'speed' packs?

17. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    if you access the eshop now via (nnu-patcher) you can pre-emtively download the speed packs, and if you use the genuine game disk the speed packs would work fine, and unless nintendo pulls out any tricks online *should* work fine too

Last edited by gamesquest1, Dec 1, 2015
    Ailuros27 and frostii like this.
  18. Enaske

Enaske GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2015
    You can play Xeno Online if you have "Real" Version. Every Original Game can play Online with Spoof. Played Skylanders etc.

19. oumoumad

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    Sorry for my noob question,
    But would that give us access to HDD using Xeno game with Loadiine ? not for loading the rpx but the game files? that way we can practically use HDD to store the files for other games instead of having to buy large SD cards. Do you think something like this could be possible? like load rpx from SD card with mii maker and then load game files with Xeno from HDD? or is this impossible or way too complicated and doesn't worth the effort?

20. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Nop... he means Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii.