xDeltaGUI 0KB

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by xX-Shad0wz-Xx, Oct 18, 2009.

Oct 18, 2009

xDeltaGUI 0KB by xX-Shad0wz-Xx at 10:28 PM (1,988 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. xX-Shad0wz-Xx
    OP

Newcomer xX-Shad0wz-Xx Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello, well I've been having a problem with patching my files. I'm trying to patch Magnius' HG translation english patch, and I followed the instructions for the xdeltaGUI. However when I try to patch it correctly, it says 0KB, yes I've waited for an exceedingly long time but it still says 0KB. I tried KazoWAR's Batch method - but that didn't work either.

I have a feeling a lot of you will say things like 'search the forum' or something, I have done that for about 50 minutes lol, but I can't find the solution to that. Does anybody know how can I successfully patch Magnius' patch for Heart Gold without the new ROM saying '0KB' and it stating the correct KB/MB? Thanks if you know how...

EDIT: I'm using Windows x64 BIT if that helps :S

2. Cavedude

Member Cavedude GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You are most likely patching incorrectly. Read the readme.txt if there is one given.

Open xdeltagui.exe
    Select patch tab, put the patch you are going to apply(.patch file)
    Select rom tab, put the fresh pokemon game file(untouched rom)
    Click Apply Patch. Done.

Wait and you'll get a _patched version of the rom.

3. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Basically, those are all the Steps in Using xDeltaGUI. Pick the Correct Patch when Pressing "Select Patch" And Pick your CLEAN ROM when pressing "SELECT ROM" Click Apply Patch, and wait for like 20 seconds for it to be Fully Patched. If you instantly close xDeltaGUI when it was still trying to Fully Patch the ROM, you are most likely to get a 0Kb Rom...So be patient with xDeltaGUI.

4. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if you do the correct steps and it still doesn't work, chances are you have a trimmed rom to begin with, and you'll need to find an untrimmed one. should be 131072kb.

5. xX-Shad0wz-Xx
    OP

Newcomer xX-Shad0wz-Xx Newbie

United Kingdom
    Okay I followed the instructions and kept xDeltaGUI open for about 30 minutes lol but it's still 0KB, maybe because the ROM isn't 131MB? Does that really matter? Hmm... I've tried several times.

EDIT: Nevermind it worked - thanks a lot guys. [​IMG]