ROM Hack xDelta Issue: Source file too short

TheRealKokichi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, guys! I'm working on patching my Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story ROM (nds file that I extracted myself using GodMode9) for use on my 3DS with ndsbootstrap. However, patching the ROM only leads to the error listed in the title: calling the source file "too short". xDelta worked great with Tomodachi Collection, so I'm worried there's something wrong with the ROM...

Attachments

• xdeltaproblem.PNG
    xdeltaproblem.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 460

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how godmode9 dumps games to say for certain but the usual problem is someone tries to feed the patching program a trimmed ROM when the original Scene ROM is untrimmed. It is entirely plausible that the 3ds dumping program opts for trimmed (other than hacks and one odd quirk with some wireless stuff it does not make a difference). Additional trainers, intros or hacks might also change the apparent length but I don't think that is a problem here. If it is just trimming then xdelta should not have a problem.

I don't know if that GUI has the option to ignore source verification but find that option in the command line version (probably will be with the program rather than integrated with it, if not get a copy of it) and use that in the patching command.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night