xci with cert to nsp

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Keylogger, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    I have dumped my own mk8 cart to xci file with its certificate for playing online.
    I want to convert it to nsp and keep the cert, how can i verify that my cert is in the nsp file?

2. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    youre gonna get banned regardless
    dunno why youre doing this nonsense

why dont yo just play online with the actual cart instead?

i dont understand this. it makes zero sense going through all that just to play online

so you want to dump game, copy game to pc, copy to nsp, install nsp

all that just to play online? lol

Last edited by jakkal, Aug 7, 2018
  3. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 16, 2018
    United States
    There is no way (yet) to use cart certs with NSP installs.

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Cart certs and tickets are used to play games online but cartridge certificates =/= NSP tickets. They're two completely different formats and cannot be interchanged or converted. You can only make either from scratch or an existing cert/ticket. We don't have a way to forge certificates, but we do have one for .NSP files using either SX OS V1.4+ or one of the free CFWs (e.g. ReiNX, RajNX, Atmosphere/Hekate with signature patches). Plus, even if the .XCI plus certificate was converted into an .NSP, it is a much bigger risk to go online with this unless you have a valid ticket which your purchased as opposed to one generated when the game was converted.

:arrow:Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/8rxg26/psa_strong_antipiracy_measures_implemented_by/

5. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Although it may not be possible yet, I can see a use case for this:
    How about not having to bother ejecting/swapping game carts when switching between playing legitimately owned cartridges online to different cartridge games (online) and/or xci's (offline).

6. der:Tom

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    You can already do this with sxos, also a free xci loader app will happen sooner or later. You can also buy the game via eStore in the first place instead of the cartrige version if you really need to comfort of not switching cartriges.
    But there is just no way to do this otherwise cause xci and nsp are way too different.

7. Ragenrok

Ragenrok Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2018
    Canada
    no you cant, you have to eject your game cart form your switch to load a xci file. He's saying it would be handy if we could leave the game cart in our switch and still load xci files.

8. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    but if hes dumping them why would he keep it in his switch
    you make no sense