XC Retail Save to GW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skeet1983, May 4, 2015.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Is it possible to transfer my retail XC save to GW? If yes, how do I do it?

2. lbknight

lbknight Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2008
    United States
  3. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I don't have CFW on my N3DS though... I don't have the CN game

4. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    CN is needed to run NTR CFW Savegame plugin. MAYBE GW will update and allow SDF to work with retail cards, at least it was forwarded to their dev-team.

Using a savegame dongle or powersave 3ds could work, buts its also extra costs. I would prefer buying CN.

prototech likes this.
  5. JJKKTT

JJKKTT Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2015
    Actually, I've been trying to figure this out too.
    XC needs 9.4 to run which means if you're running gateway, the only way you can play it is in an updated classic mode.But NTR won't run in Gateway Classic; only in Sysnand (which would be <9.2). I've tried using the eshop FW spoofing method to get the save off XC on NTR CFW but since the game needs 9.4 to run, the game doesn't load and the save doesn't get extracted.

Just thought I'd save the OP some cash if he was going to buy CN for this reason.
    If anybody has a solution to this, I'd be very interested as well. So far, this is the only save I haven't been able to migrate from retail to GW.

6. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Is it worth buying CN and installing CFW? I have a N3DS with 9.0.0 SysNAND and same EmuNAND with GW exploit installed... Can someone walk me through all this?

7. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I have a N3DS with SysNAND 9.0.0 and EmuNAND same FW (9.0.0). I have been using GW with N3DS and was hoping to transfer my XC and MH4U retail saves to GW. I just happened to walk into a Gamestop today and what did I see, a used copy of CN for $20. :)
    Anyway, I bought the CN game and am wondering if it is possible to use both GW and CFW. Can someone walk me through all this and how to setup CFW? Thoughts/help GREATLY appreciated :)

8. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Has anyone been able to get retail XC save to GW?

9. JJKKTT

JJKKTT Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2015
    The only way I can think of would be to use another N3DS on 9.4 to access XC through NTR and extract the decrypted save from there. After that, the usual steps for restoring a save to gateway should work. Unless you can convince Cell9 to allow NTR to run in gateway classic firmware, I don't really see any other way.