Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm thinking about getting myself a 360, but I'm afraid of getting one and a month later, have a RROD.

I live in Brazil, were is a lot hotter than most north countries, where most people from the forum lives, also, I would buy it in Paraguay, where it's a lot cheaper, but doing that I wouldn't have Microsoft's warranty.. so if my 360 brakes.. it's over..
tongue.gif

How many of you had this problem? What are the REAL chances of a RROD? :/

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking about getting myself a 360, but I'm afraid of getting one and a month later, have a RROD.

I live in Brazil, were is a lot hotter than most north countries, where most people from the forum lives, also, I would buy it in Paraguay, where it's a lot cheaper, but doing that I wouldn't have Microsoft's warranty.. so if my 360 brakes.. it's over..
tongue.gif

Real chances of RROD: 45%. Good luck.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you can get your xbox 360 up and running by using the towel trick. Which is basically wrapping the 360 in towels so it remelts the solder on the heat sync. This is a temporary fix. If this works then you can do the x clamp method. Once the x clamp is done I've not heard of anyone getting red lights after that.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP

tongue.gif

where did you get that from?
the only official figures are: a few months ago (like in may or something) some game stores showed a 30%~33% return rate.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you can get your xbox 360 up and running by using the towel trick. Which is basically wrapping the 360 in towels so it remelts the solder on the heat sync. This is a temporary fix. If this works then you can do the x clamp method. Once the x clamp is done I've not heard of anyone getting red lights after that.

Don't do the towel trick, it'll make things worse in the long run. X-clamp fix worked perfectly for me.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country

tongue.gif

where did you get that from?
the only official figures are: a few months ago (like in may or something) some game stores showed a 30%~33% return rate.
And the other 15% sent their 360 to Microsoft?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro