Xbox original FTP (screwed up) Help !

psoutzis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all !

I have an Xbox Original which is hard modded (i think is Aladdin mod but not sure, see picture). I have recently being adding stuff through FTP method, which had worked great until now. I tried to boot unleashx instead of EVO X which am currently using, but i accidentally renamed a file (i think it was unleashx.xbe) to something else and now it wont boot. it shows error 21 and the FTP method wont work anymore. Booting from disk also is not an option.

Anyone knows how to fix this? i head that a hard modded xbox is easier to fix than a softmod. I just need to access the HDD to just rename the file back to how it was. I tried using explorer360 (run as admin etc.. ) but could identify the driver in any case.

Any help would be appriciated, Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Disc based methods like Slayer's recovery disc are usually what is called for and resolve this rather easier than some alternatives. How much "not an option" is disc based stuff? If you have already pulled it apart far enough to take pictures of mods or use with hard drive readers then it is not so bad to yank the DVD drive and clean the little rubber band or indeed wipe the dust off the lens.

In the future if you can have a copy of Auto Installer Deluxe (AID) then it is probably the better method for installing alternative dashboards rather than trying to figure out what combo of protections and mod chip setup you have.

However if it is a hardmod then you probably don't need the EEPROM value to unlock the drive (hardmods replacing the BIOS which means it skips the unlock procedure which softmods still need, said lock being unique to each xbox).

xboxhdm was the usual tool of choice for fiddling with hard drives, and if you can use an internal IDE then it will be better than a caddy if you are using one of those. xplorer360 should however have some options here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end