• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,521
  • Replies 11
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello dear gbatemp members. Those who are xbox fans maybe not gonna like what I'm gonna say but this is my personal opinion that I wanna share. Xbox one x was the last console I purchased and I think I hate this console the most. Why? Let's start with the insane prices for games on microsoft store. Triple A games that cost 60$, cost 100$ in my country. Second thing is the UI. The UI on xbox one x is very ugly and not intuitive compare to the ui of the ps4. Third thing: xbox one has alot of bugs. Not in the games themselves but on the menu. Sometimes I cannot open a game until I reset the console. Sometimes the console not recognizing my controller so I need to turn off the controller and pair it again, and sometimes when I turn on the console it stuck on the Xbox logo. And of course you have many updates all the time that take forever to install. And I can't use the console until it's goona finish installing it. And what about the performance?
surely this is the one thing that this console should be good at. Well I have ps4 pro and I put there the same games that I have on the Xbox one x and I don't see any difference in performance. And btw...
I tried the psp emulator on my Xbox one and to my huge surprise it was unplayable. Most of the games are running between 30 and 60 fps. The frame rate is not stable at all. My phone can run psp games at full speed including games that are hard to emulate like God of war and yet the Xbox one x that supposed to be the most powerful console of the previous generation cannot run games properly. The switch can better run psp games than xbox one x. And last thing is that the Xbox one is unhackable with is also huge minus for me.

So is there anything I do like about this console?
Actually there is. Two things.
One is that this console is very quiet. Much more quieter than the ps4.
And second thing is that it has very good backward compatibility that actually improving some xbox 360 games.
But overall I'm disappointed from this console and if I'm gonna buy the next generation console from Microsoft then this console gonna be completely useless.
So my conclusion is that power ain't everything. Good library of exclusive games, no bugs and great optimization is the way to go.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

atoxique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
K... I've heard all of these arguments before lol usually from Sony ponies.

While I agree the Xbox One's UI is ugly and annoying to use vs the PS4's UI, that really is just a matter of personal taste. Some people really like the Xbox One's UI and hate the PS4's UI.

Insane prices are set by the game's publisher not by M$, and yes games are very overpriced in my country too (Australia)... good thing we have consoles with disc drives so we can buy games on disc secondhand for less $$$ than what they sell for brand new.

Your Xbox One having bugs like that sounds like something specific to your console (factory reset it maybe?) I've never had any issues like that on mine and i have the original fat Xbox One (the "VCR Xbox One" as some people call it...) the only issue I have with my Xbox One is that the UI lags on it for some reason

PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X performance... there is no denying the One X is the more powerful system. It just is. But really you won't notice much of a difference between the Pro and One X because they're both not good enough to run true 4kKexcept in just a small handful of games lol. True 4K is what the next gen consoles (Series X and PS5) are for.

A PSP emulator running poorly? That's not a problem with the system that's a problem with the emulator itself. Xbox One being unhackable? PS4 isn't hackable either on its latest firmware versions and Xbox One hacking isn't something many people are interested in because the Xbox One sold like half as much as the PS4.

Yes, the Xbox One is much quieter than the PS4. Though personally my PS4 isn't really all that loud, but that's because mine's a relatively recent slim model not a PS4 Pro or one of the original PS4 models from 2013-2015 that run really loud.

Backwards compatibility is good on Xbox One indeed but it's not real backwards compatibility, the games are actually re-compiled for the Xbox One and that's why developers get to choose what games to allow on Xbox One backwards compatibility. It's still better than Sony's solution which is either subscribe to PS Now which is garbage (and not even available in my country) or buying remasters of games you already own... or just leaving your PS3 hooked up to your TV (which is what I do).

Power isn't everything, good games and optimisation matter more etc... yeah everyone agrees with that.

The only one thing I actually hate about Xbox One (and the Nintendo Wii U + Switch too) is that you are forced to connect to the internet to set them up and use them. All PlayStation consoles can be used right after plugging them in rather than being forced to wait a long time to download an update. Some of us don't have very fast or reliable internet connections! :/

Last edited by atoxique,

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Personally I didn't have any problems with bugs regarding controllers or starting games.
And updates, for games they are mostly unavoidable wherever the platform you are playing and system updates happen 2 times a month on the worst cases on public builds, mostly happens one update per month and on holiday season it is normal to have no updates at all until February or March. People have subscribed to Insider access then complain that it has daily updates...

D

Deleted User

OP
Personally I didn't have any problems with bugs regarding controllers or starting games.
You know. At first I thought that something wrong with my console. But then I found on the internet that alot of people have or had similar problems. To be fair after the last update I almost don't have any bugs anymore. But last update was like 2 weeks ago.
The reason why I purchased the Xbox one x was to play forza horizon and because there was a big discount. but after I finished those games I don't have what to do with this console anymore. All the other games I can play on the PS4 for free.

D

Deleted User

OP
k... i've heard all of these arguments before lol usually from sony ponies.

while i agree the xbox one ui is ugly and annoying to use vs the ps4 ui, that really is just a matter of personal taste. some people really like the xbox one ui and hate the ps4 one.

insane prices are set by the devs not by m$, and yes games are very overpriced in my country too (australia)... good thing we have consoles with disc drives so we can buy games on disc secondhand for less $$$ than what they sell for brand new.

ur xbox one having bugs like that sounds like something specific to your console (factory reset it maybe?) i've never had any issues like that on mine and i have the original fat xbox one (the "VCR xbox one" as some people call it...) the only issue i have with my xbox one is that the ui lags on it for some reason

ps4 pro vs xbox one x performance... there is no denying the xbox one x is the more powerful system. it just is. but really you won't notice much of a difference between the pro and one x because they're both not good enough to run true 4k except in just a small handfull of games lol. true 4k is what the next gen consoles (xbox series x and ps5) are for.

psp emulator running poorly??? that's not a problem with the system that's a problem with the emulator itself. xbox one being unhackable? ps4 isn't hackable either on its latest firmware versions and xbox one hacking isn't something many people are interested in because the xbox one sold like half as much as the ps4.

yes the xbox one is much quieter than the ps4. though my ps4 isn't really loud, but that's because mine's a relatively recent slim model not a ps4 pro or the original models from 2013-2015 that run really loud.

backwards compatibility is good on xbox one indeed but it's not real backwards compatibility, they're actually re-compiled for the xbox one and that's why developers get to choose what games to allow on xbox one backwards compatibility. still better than the ps4's solution which is PSNow garbage or buying remasters.

power isn't everything, good games and optimisation etc... yeah everyone agrees with that lmao

the only one thing i actually hate about xbox one (and the nintendo wii u + switch too) is that you are forced to connect to the internet to set them up and use them. all playstation consoles can be used right after plugging them in...
Actually I'm more of a nintendo fan than sony fan. You on the other hand sound like microsoft fan and defender. as I said it's my personal opinion and personal experience with the console. It's nice to know that you didn't had any bugs but I had bugs and alot of them. As for prices. Yes. The devs set the prices but the one who decides what price gonna be in their store for each county is microsoft. As for emulation. If it's the problem of the emulator and not the console then why the same exact emulator runs better on other platforms.
And I'm not trying to achieve anything. Did you seen how many stupid threads people are opening on this forum? Why wouldn't you go ask them what they Are trying to achieve?

atoxique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lolwut... Microsoft fan and defender? I use my Switch the most out of all the consoles I own, and if you bothered to look at my signature you'd see that the Xbox One is the only Xbox I have. All my other consoles are from Sony and Nintendo!

The devs set the prices but the one who decides what price gonna be in their store for each county is microsoft.

Wrong! It's actually the publisher in each region that decides the price for the game in that region.

As for emulation. If it's the problem of the emulator and not the console then why the same exact emulator runs better on other platforms.

Except here's the thing... it *isn't* the "exact same emulator". On your phone, the PSP emulator (I'm assuming it's PPSSPP you're talking about) is running a version customised specifically for Android or iOS and the ARM processor that your phone uses.

The Xbox One is not an officially supported platform by the PPSSPP developer team. The version you're using on the Xbox One is just a port of the PC version converted to run under the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) - in case you didn't know, all Xbox One apps that run in the console's consumer dev mode have to be UWP apps which limits performance and what the app can do because they still run in a sandbox and UWP itself is not optimised for the Xbox One in specific (and Microsoft don't seem to really care about UWP anymore...). So yes, it is a problem with the emulator itself and not the system.

Reactions: Codemastershock
D

Deleted User

OP
Edit: you asked me why I opened this thread. I just pissed off that fight simulator doesn't come to xbox one consoles at the end. They promised it will come to xbox one as well. Imagine you buy ps4 to play the last of us 2 and after you purchased the console they will say that it will come only to ps5. Even nintendo released eventually breath of the wild on wii u and it was completely failed console. and don't justify them and say that it's too powerful for xbox one. It was in beta state for over a year. They knew it's not gonna happen and they did it to boost the sells of xbox one. Even after the release of series x the developers said they are working on xbox one version. They didn't even apologized.

Last edited by ,

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello dear gbatemp members. Those who are xbox fans maybe not gonna like what I'm gonna say but this is my personal opinion that I wanna share. Xbox one x was the last console I purchased and I think I hate this console the most. Why? Let's start with the insane prices for games on microsoft store. Triple A games that cost 60$, cost 100$ in my country. Second thing is the UI. The UI on xbox one x is very ugly and not intuitive compare to the ui of the ps4. Third thing: xbox one has alot of bugs. Not in the games themselves but on the menu. Sometimes I cannot open a game until I reset the console. Sometimes the console not recognizing my controller so I need to turn off the controller and pair it again, and sometimes when I turn on the console it stuck on the Xbox logo. And of course you have many updates all the time that take forever to install. And I can't use the console until it's goona finish installing it. And what about the performance?
surely this is the one thing that this console should be good at. Well I have ps4 pro and I put there the same games that I have on the Xbox one x and I don't see any difference in performance. And btw...
I tried the psp emulator on my Xbox one and to my huge surprise it was unplayable. Most of the games are running between 30 and 60 fps. The frame rate is not stable at all. My phone can run psp games at full speed including games that are hard to emulate like God of war and yet the Xbox one x that supposed to be the most powerful console of the previous generation cannot run games properly. The switch can better run psp games than xbox one x. And last thing is that the Xbox one is unhackable with is also huge minus for me.

So is there anything I do like about this console?
Actually there is. Two things.
One is that this console is very quiet. Much more quieter than the ps4.
And second thing is that it has very good backward compatibility that actually improving some xbox 360 games.
But overall I'm disappointed from this console and if I'm gonna buy the next generation console from Microsoft then this console gonna be completely useless.
So my conclusion is that power ain't everything. Good library of exclusive games, no bugs and great optimization is the way to go.

You've mentioned the PSP emulator and games failing to start. That's a common issue when quitting PPSSPP, I recommend just playing them through Retroarch.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old post and the user is deleted but this is for anyone related that talks bad about Xbox.... Give Microsoft it's credit because to date only the Xbox One and Series-X offer BC. If you are in it for the exclusives buy a PlayStation but if you are a casual gamer and you don't want to invest $$$ into a gaming rig buy Xbox. If you have a decent gaming PC you don't need to buy an Xbox it wouldn't make any sense.

People have to realize the PS5 and Series-X are slowly creeping up there with gaming PC for the attractive price of $500.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s