Xbox one original TV programming coming this summer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by chavosaur, Apr 8, 2014.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    As most people on the forum know by now, I'm a strong supporter of the Xbox One, and I really enjoy everything my system has to offer. But what they're about to serve up I find myself... Very iffy about, and verging on the negative side.

This summer, Xbox is finally rolling out their original TV shows they've had in the works since last years E3. No information on that Halo TV show yet, but what we DO have is... Well read the quote.

Original Programming by Seth Green and Sarah Silverman? A Scifi show about Humanoid robots? I don't...
    I can't... I have no defense. I'm still iffy about the Halo show as well, and I'm one of the biggest Halo Nerds out there.

Microsofts investment is a HUGE gamble, and I don't believe they have the set install base that will allow this content to be successful.
    And as far as I've seen, I'm not sure how the service will be offered either. Perhaps of you subscribe to Xbox Gold you'll be able to watch episodes free , or perhaps you'll have to pay for episodes.

Either way, Xbox has all their cards on the table now, so it's a matter of seeing if they should have shown their hand or not now.

Sauce: http://m.fastcompany.com/3028761/fast-feed/launching-this-june-original-shows-for-the-xbox-one

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I expected this to be a follow-up to the whole "every Xbox One is a devkit" idea. It's more television. I am dissapoint. :angry:

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    If netflix and co can have original shows, Sony has original shows (and whole film studios), Ubisoft and EA seem to be doing the animation/film thing, Square Enix became a film company of sorts and even Nintendo has seen a cartoon or three happen then I am not seeing how MS lack the resources to do it well.

Edit. Much like Foxi4 I also hoped it would be more about sanctioned homebrew type things.

4. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    My apologies, I should have put original TV programming in the title :P

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Foxi to the rescue! ...still dissapoint. :angry:

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    well this is what is what designed for :creep:

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Honestly? This sort of thing would allow them to dominate the console market in the 90'ties when TV was big. Today? I'm not so sure. Television seems like a hugely antiquated medium, especially among the technologically-literate who simply watch their favorite shows online whenever they want. This might be a huge dud, but hey, maybe it won't be.

chavosaur likes this.
  8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Erm...how is this unexpected? :unsure: It's not like we didn't already knew that the xbone was advertised as a multimedia device that can also play games. That, and the announcement of a halo TV series last...E3, I think it was (?)...well, it's not like I'm feeling like Sherlock Holmes when I saw this coming.

Oh, and...would you mind adding a link to the article, chavosaur? thanks. :)

chavosaur likes this.
  9. Paarish

Paarish Connor's Nublet

Aug 26, 2009
    Married to DinohScene
    Wow that's pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what they dish out. Though this probably won't make me buy an Xbone since chances are they'll just be uploaded online :lol:

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  10. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    It's a shame all these millions of dollars couldn't be given to developers, but I guess it can't be helped. Television is the future of video games.

naved.islam14 likes this.
  11. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Sauce added, completely forgot.

As it's not that the programming was unexpected, it just never had a solid release time dram until just recently~

EZ-Megaman likes this.