Xbox One Live Streaming Delayed Until 2014

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so for all of you eagerly anticipating the Xbox One's launch (I know there have to be a few of you guys out there), here's a head's up.

Just days ahead of the Xbox One's Friday North American launch, Microsoft has announced that the ability to stream live Xbox One gameplay through gaming-focused site Twitch.tv will not be available until early 2014.

"We know the ability to instantly broadcast gameplay is something the gaming community is excited about, and we are too," the company said in a blog post this morning. "We are working to ensure the initial Twitch on Xbox One broadcasting experience meets the expectations of the Twitch community, so while this feature won’t be available right away, we’ll let you know as soon as it is ready. Our goal is to deliver it during the first part of 2014."
:arrow:ArsTechnica

Yikes. So much for the Streambox.

Now, you can still record 5 minute clips and upload them to your Xbox Live or SkyDrive accounts. Here's hoping they get the Twitch glitch sitch fixed in time - any longer and we might have to miss some midsummer night streams.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're worried about streaming? Pff-- put yourself in the shoes of the average Polish XBox fan - the console's launch date hasn't even been announced yet, let alone online features.

All Microsoft stated so-far was that "the sales results of the system within the first couple of weeks after the launch will have an impact of the Polish launch date". The situation's even worse with Live since we already know that it won't be launched Day 1 - Poland among other countries will have to wait for it, possibly a substantial amount of time.

I'm sorry Microsoft, but what are you guys thinking? It's not like we're in the European Union or something. This isn't even an isolated problem of Poland - countries like Norway, Finland, Sweden and Switzerland had their launches set back to "sometime in 2014" while Brazil, a third-world market is getting the system Day 1.

I'm just lost for words at this point, it's as if they don't want to make money.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're worried about streaming? Pff-- put yourself in the shoes of the average Polish XBox fan - the console's launch date hasn't even been announced yet, let alone online features.

All Microsoft stated so-far was that "the sales results of the system within the first couple of weeks after the launch will have an impact of the Polish launch date". The situation's even worse with Live since we already know that it won't be launched Day 1 - Poland among other countries will have to wait for it, possibly a substantial amount of time.

I'm sorry Microsoft, but what are you guys thinking? It's not like we're in the European Union or something. This isn't even an isolated problem of Poland - countries like Norway, Finland, Sweden and Switzerland had their launches set back to "sometime in 2014" while Brazil, a third-world market is getting the system Day 1.

I'm just lost for words at this point, it's as if they don't want to make money.
Prior to the U.S. release of the highly anticipated Xbox One on Nov. 22,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
UK is also Nov 22
I don't know about other countries.
It launches in 13 countries - Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom the United States and New Zealand, everybody else has to wait.
Yea but Microsoft's biggest market is the US so day 1 here is natural. As for poland, i guess you guys are the Colon since microsoft keeps shitting all over your launch experience.:tpi:
Very true. Holy crap, I wonder what would improve the sales of Microsoft's products on this market... Hmm... Maybe "giving a sh*t" about the consumer? :unsure: Nah, they'll lap everything up anything, let's delay the launch for no reason whatsoever. :tpi:

It's not even funny, there's this XBox fan asking me "what's good on the PS4 front and is it worth buying one?" already - you're losing customers, Microsoft.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Been enjoying Twitch streams for the past few months, it's ideal when I'm bored and I don't really want to watch something 'heavy' where I have to stay focused.
The amount of games they stream is pretty astonishing too, not only LoL (my favourite by far, great game), but also Pokemon, Mario (several titles), Battlefield , ....
Very handy site when you have 2 screens at your disposal.
I can definitely see the use in a Twitch feature on a console, I'd love to watch some LoL matches on my TV :3

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It launches in 13 countries - Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom the United States and New Zealand, everybody else has to wait.
Very true. Holy crap, I wonder what would improve the sales of Microsoft's products on this market... Hmm... Maybe "giving a sh*t" about the consumer? :unsure: Nah, they'll lap everything up anything, let's delay the launch for no reason whatsoever. :tpi:

It's not even funny, there's this XBox fan asking me "what's good on the PS4 front and is it worth buying one?" already - you're losing customers, Microsoft.
It's pretty much the same thing here. "Somewhere probably early 2014", according to speculation February-March. In the meantime literally every major country surrounding the Netherlands and Belgium (UK, Germany and France) gets it on launch day. >_> Oh well, if I was going to buy a next gen console it would have been a PS4 anyway.

Reactions: Satangel

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can't but +1 Arras's post. I'm actually glad I'm not a microsoft fanboy, as this is just stupid. Can't speak on behalf of Poland, but we're pretty much SURROUNDED by countries that will get that console before we do. If it wasn't for their...not so great presentation, I would expect people hopping over the border to go get one. But as it stands...I doubt anyone is even going to bother with an online purchase.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DAMN! Now I cant wait every bloody person live stream at once -.- SHAME! Now only people with external devices can live stream with even better quality.
WHY!? WHY DO THESE EXTERNAL DEVICES EXIST!? :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.