Hardware Xbox One Controller D-Pad issue

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Recently, i purchased an Xbox One Wireless Controller for gaming on my PC. Cause there is no wireless dongle available so far, i connected the controller via an micro-usb cable. After installing the win7 driver for it, everything worked flawlessly.

But.. the D-pad has an annoying issue: If i navigate thru menus, it often happens that the cursor makes itself independent, skips entries, goes automatic up or down. Is this a soft- or hardware problem? Has anyone experienced this too?

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try reconnecting your controller again via the micro-USB cable without touching any buttons as you do so. For example, on my GameCube, when I accidentally attached my controller, I guess I must have touched the control stick; the result was the cursor automatically going up without input. Reconnected it again, and it was fine.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for answering. I now realize this problem exists primarily in Dead Rising 3. Must has something to do with the game. But you're advice is generally correct for many maladjusted controllers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, *kills him*