Xbox One backwards compatibility list only contains 21 games so far

Microsoft has published the list of games that, as of June 2015, function with the backwards compatibility system allowing you to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox one. There are only 21 games supported so far, and most of them aren't even full retail games (games such as Hexic HD, Alien Hominid, etc. are only sold on the online Xbox marketplace). This is all part of a Preview program for now, only a small selection of gamers are allowed to join in as it is invite-based.
  • A kingdom for keflings
  • A world of keflings
  • Alien hominid
  • Banjo kazooie
  • Banjo kazooie nuts n bolts
  • Banjo tooie
  • BattleBlock theater
  • Defense grid
  • Geometry wars evolved
  • Hexic HD
  • Jetpac refuelled
  • Kameo
  • Mass effect
  • Perfect Dark
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Small Arms
  • Super Meat boys
  • Toy Soldiers
  • Toy soldiers Cold War
  • Viva Piñata
  • Viva Piñata: trouble in paradise
Let's hope the list will get bigger quickly or this backwards compatibility announcement will quickly fall flat! In fact, if there are specific 360 games that you want to be able to play on your Xbox One, check out this survey run by Microsoft themselves. Right now Red Dead Redemption is at the top of the list, so there are good chances this title will be added to the list in the coming months.

Source: Xbox.com

xbone.jpg

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remakes/Remasters are great for new people to experience old games and for developers its good to get used to new hardware while doing a simple task.
not to mention they're cheap to make and usually sell at a really good price. FFX HD remaster sold at 40€ while having 2 remastered games. That's good value.
I really don't get why People are so upset about them

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Atleast they're trying to port it for free and not like Sony is doing making you pay again to play the game you already own.
As has already been mentioned, PS Now is not considered a backwards compatibility solution. Sony has much bigger plans for the service than appealing to some salty former PS3 owners.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As has already been mentioned, PS Now is not considered a backwards compatibility solution. Sony has much bigger plans for the service than appealing to some salty former PS3 owners.
You also forgot to mention all those PSN games you bought on the ps3 or those PSX and PS2 classics you also bought on the ps3 wich you have to pay for again when you want to run those on your ps4. Sony is forcing you to buy everything again. Microsoft is also bringing those XBLA titles back for free.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
You also forgot to mention all those PSN games you bought on the ps3 or those PSX and PS2 classics you also bought on the ps3 wich you have to pay for again when wanting to run on the ps4.
You know the easy solution to that? Just keeping a PS3 like everybody else who wanted full access to their old PS3 content did. I own a PS4, but I still own my PS3 too. So do a lot of people. Those that got rid of their PS3 to get a PS4 already knew what they were getting and don't complain. In the end, the solution is pretty simple.

I mean, really, the PS3 and PS4 even use the exact same cables. Switching them around even in a one console set up is maybe a 30 second performance.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You know the easy solution to that? Just keeping a PS3 like everybody else who wanted full access to their old PS3 content did. I own a PS4, but I still own my PS3 too. So do a lot of people. Those that got rid of their PS3 to get a PS4 already knew what they were getting and don't complain. In the end, the solution is pretty simple.

I mean, really, the PS3 and PS4 even use the exact same cables. Switching them around even in a one console set up is maybe a 30 second performance.
I'm just saying that Microsoft is bringing all those titles back free of charge for people who already own them that's all.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just saying that Microsoft is bringing all those titles back free of charge for people who already own them that's all.
At the same time, there's no point digging at the PS4. I mean, it is legitimately incapable of PS3 BC on every level, so even complaining about it loud enough with millions of people will never change the PS4's hardware limitations.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
At the same time, there's no point digging at the PS4. I mean, it is legitimately incapable of PS3 BC on every level, so even complaining about it loud enough with millions of people will never change the PS4's hardware limitations.
How are psn titles that you downloaded for the ps3 incapable of being run on the ps4 ?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe it's more important for MS to to that than Sony because of how much shittier the 360 hardware was and how much less likely a 360 is to stay working in the future compared to a PS3 (not that the early PS3's are built great either).

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe it's more important for MS to to that than Sony because of how much shittier the 360 hardware was and how much less likely a 360 is to stay working in the future compared to a PS3 (not that the early PS3's are built great either).
Sure that's why my 360 is still working from day one and i already had 2 YLOD ps3 systems. Anyway it doesn't matter, it's just bad luck. It could have been the other way around for me so i don't really care about that.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
How are psn titles that you downloaded for the ps3 incapable of being run on the ps4 ?
Because the PS3 is a very unique machine, and games had to be coded for that very unique hardware. It's why most PS3 multiplats were lower quality than the 360 titles despite the PS3 being a stronger system. Basically, to run PS3 content on the PS4, they would have to shove a whole PS3 in the system which would be expensive and hideous. It was basically how original fat PS3's did PS2 BC. The alternative would be offering it via game streaming, but they need all their PS Now servers for paying PS Now customers. They can't afford to have it bogged down by PS4 owners playing PS3 games for free.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because the PS3 is a very unique machine, and games had to be coded for that very unique hardware. It's why most PS3 multiplats were lower quality than the 360 titles despite the PS3 being a stronger system. Basically, to run PS3 content on the PS4, they would have to shove a whole PS3 in the system which would be expensive and hideous. It was basically how original fat PS3's did PS2 BC. The alternative would be offering it via game streaming, but they need all their PS Now servers for paying PS Now customers. They can't afford to have it bogged down by PS4 owners playing PS3 games for free.
Still i don't see how PSN titles are hard to port to the ps4. If you're talking about Disc based PS3 titles i do agree but i don't see why it's so hard to give you those PSN titles you already paid for instead of making you pay again on the ps4 meaning they're already ported.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Still i don't see how PSN titles are hard to port to the ps4. If you're talking about Disc based PS3 titles i do agree but i don't see why it's so hard to give you those PSN titles you already paid for instead of making you pay again on the ps4 meaning they're already ported.
Because the only difference between the digital game and the physical game is where the game is being read from. It still all requires the same hardware regardless. Being a digital title doesn't mean it will magically run on anything that supports the same web store.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because the only difference between the digital game and the physical game is where the game is being read from. It still all requires the same hardware regardless. Being a digital title doesn't mean it will magically run on anything that supports the same web store.
Like i said before i'm just talking about simple PSN games not triple A titles wich also had physical releases.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Like i said before i'm just talking about simple PSN games not triple A titles wich also had physical releases.
Still coded to run on the PS3. Exact same story. AAA, AA, A, B, C, it doesn't matter what combination of letters of the alphabet the game falls under. If it's a PS3 game, it is still coded specifically to run on the PS3 hardware, and thus it will not run on the PS4 without emulation which the PS4 is not powerful enough for as it would require emulating the PS3.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Still coded to run on the PS3. Exact same story. AAA, AA, A, B, C, it doesn't matter what combination of letters of the alphabet the game falls under. If it's a PS3 game, it is still coded specifically to run on the PS3 hardware, and thus it will not run on the PS4 without emulation which the PS4 is not powerful enough for as it would require emulating the PS3.
believe what you want to believe. Porting PSN titles is relatively easy if Sony wants to make you believe differenty well then you do so. Enjoy

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
believe what you want to believe. Porting PSN titles is relatively easy if Sony wants to make you believe differenty well then you do so. Enjoy
Actually Nathan is right.
Porting a PSN game is as big of a challenge as porting Triple A games.
The PS4 and XBO hardware was built to be more similar to PC so that Porting games between those platforms would be easier.
The only fault Sony did is not giving a PS1 and PS2 emulator from the get go but that had to be patched in to every console before so eh.

Reactions: chavosaur

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The PS4 and XBO hardware was built to be more similar to PC so that Porting games between those platforms would be easier.
Sure, it's not because a couple of people are saying differently that is gonna change my opinion. If you want to believe that then go right ahead, i could care less. Atleast Microsoft is proving it can be done since most of the titles in that list are titles that also got PSN releases. Doing that work is called '' a customer service ". But it looks like Sony thinks shit of customer service ;)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The only fault Sony did is not giving a PS1 and PS2 emulator from the get go but that had to be patched in to every console before so eh.

What about porting the PC version of those arcade games?

People who've bought arcade should be able to play them on their PS4 regardless of having purchased via PS3.

Reactions: kumikochan

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about porting the PC version of those arcade games?

People who've bought arcade should be able to play them on their PS4 regardless of having purchased via PS3.
I dunno about you but the PC versions aren't sony's property. If they aren't ported to PS4 (and XBO for that matter) blame the devs of the game not Sony or Microsoft.
The thing is these devs are probably busy developing other games and have little to no time to port their PC versions over to XBO and PS4. And to be fair most people don't care about them anyway.

Sure, it's not because a couple of people are saying differently that is gonna change my opinion. If you want to believe that then go right ahead, i could care less. Atleast Microsoft is proving it can be done since most of the titles in that list are titles that also got PSN releases. Doing that work is called '' a customer service ". But it looks like Sony thinks shit of customer service ;)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...points/10215-Why-the-PS4-Doesn-t-Do-PS3-Games
How about you read that instead of shitting on people for no reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking