'XBOX ONE' ANNOUNCED!

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having played both the Wii and owning a Kinect myself I can safely say that at least with the Wiimotes you get some kind of reaction when I shake it. With the kinect it feels like I can try to jerk it off the best I can but it just won't work like it should.
But looking at the tech demo THAT'S CHANGED NOW.
Believe me, I own a 360/kinect and even I know it wasn't as amazing as it could have been.
But the Xbox One has a brand new Kinect. An Amazing one at that. One that literally can record every fluid motion you do. It can even sense your freaking heartbeat!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inside this forum, all I see is BOOOO NEXTBOX GONNA FAIL SO HARD BOOOO.

But at Target today, I was at the electronics desk and literally was Bombarded with people asking if there was already a pre order for Xbox One, or people just buzzing about it.
People are absolutely stoked. Including myself.
I also checked by GameStop (it's literally right next to my work) on my 15 min break, and just enjoyed hyping it up with everyone else about the coming Xbox.

Again, let's remember that it's got 15 EXCLUSIVES coming in the FIRST year of its life cycle. 8 of which are COMPLETELY NEW FRANCHISES.
And to people complaining about the Kinect, did you see the demo/display about that thing? It's freaking stunning how sensitive it is.
It's not Gimmicky, it's a revolution. Literally I won't need my remote for almost anything to function the Xbox until I start playing certain games.
And I saw someone say,"Unless you wanna flap your arms like an idiot."
Because we didn't do that with wii remotes for years right? Except instead of flapping, we mostly practiced our jerk off technique.

Just because its integrating all this social media stuff, doesn't mean its a bad thing.
People are STOKED about it. It makes it so much cooler and easier to stay connected with people, share your accomplishments, browse things from your couch on your tv without a need for a smart tv.

I for one, am pretty much sold on the Xbox One now. My hype can only go up~

Of course there will be people who are stoked for it, no one's denying it, but let's be honest.

Here is the main issue, in my opinion.

Xbox One requires an online connection no matter how they sugarcoat it ("You don't have to be online all the time, just once a day" trolololol). If the internet infrastructure in the US didn't suck balls compared to the rest of the world, it wouldn't be an issue at all. Therein lies the issue; not everyone has a stable internet connection, much less high speed cable. That to me sounds like Microsoft is apathetic to those who have dial up or unstable internet and caters to those who have Verizon fiOS or OC3072 internet speeds. Forcing a console to go online when not everyone wants to play online is not a very wise thing to do, no matter what anyone might tell you. Game verification should be a one time thing, but not something to force users to do. No one should have to be forced to do it. Before people mention Steam, let me state that you only need to be online to verify the game once.

The design is hideous. Yes, it is essentially an entertainment center, but did they really have to make it look like a Betamax player from the late 70's? I thought that consoles whole purpose was to, you know, play games. Again, say what you will, this is ONLY my opinion, people should be allowed to voice it as they please. Other people will think differently than me and will try to misconstrue it I'm sure. If that happens, so be it. I don't like DRM or any form of forced internet connection, but that's me.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have not read through all 17 pages of this post yet soo forgive me if it was already mentioned. Just read an article on IGN that said despite the mixed messages that have been thrown around concerning "Always Online vs. Not Always Online" it turns out that you will need an internet connection Microsoft Vice President Phil Harrison seem to say the system will stop you from playing a game if it goes longer that 24hrs without a connection to the internet. Sounds like Always online to me but what do I know. So before people start criticizing me for what not I am just making an observation. Don't hang the messenger.

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have not read through all 17 pages of this post yet soo forgive me if it was already mentioned. Just read an article on IGN that said despite the mixed messages that have been thrown around concerning "Always Online vs. Not Always Online" it turns out that you will need an internet connection Microsoft Vice President Phil Harrison seem to say the system will stop you from playing a game if it goes longer that 24hrs without a connection to the internet. Sounds like Always online to me but what do I know. So before people start criticizing me for what not I am just making an observation. Don't hang the messenger.

You're late for the party. It's already been mentioned here :)

Technically, it's not always online but they might aswell come out and say "You need to have a constant connection...oh and by the way, suck our dicks if this is inconvenient".

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No worries. I personally will not get one of these monstrosities and get a PS4 instead. I doubt Sony would be dumb enough to follow in Microsoft's s**t trail. There is no difference between "always online" and "online once every 24 hours" it's a euphemism to make the sheep feel better about getting one with invasive AP measures. At least Steam does it once and you never have to have it online to play.

Steam > Microsoft

You're late for the party. It's already been mentioned here :)

Technically, it's not always online but they might aswell come out and say "You need to have a constant connection...oh and by the way, suck our dicks if this is inconvenient".
Like I said, it's a pretty s***ty euphemism for always online. It's semantic nonsense. Boy, and to think people had enough reasons to bash the Wii U and Nintendo for their decisions :P

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people that own a 360 already have Xbox Live though. I mean, I couldn't tell you how many people own an Xbox that don't have Xbox live (unless they hacked their console.)
Xbox Has always been known for its online, it's not all that surprising that they would require some kind of Internet connection for their console, when they kind of expect most people to already have one.
But I do see how it can be unfair to a lot of people, but in all seriousness, do you really buy an Xbox too NOT use any kind of Internet functionality?
Granted it may suck when your Internet is down for a day, but hell maybe they'll fix it at some later point in time to where they won't require the check anymore.
Time will tell.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people that own a 360 already have Xbox Live though. I mean, I couldn't tell you how many people own an Xbox that don't have Xbox live (unless they hacked their console.)
Xbox Has always been known for its online, it's not all that surprising that they would require some kind of Internet connection for their console, when they kind of expect most people to already have one.
But I do see how it can be unfair to a lot of people, but in all seriousness, do you really buy an Xbox too NOT use any kind of Internet functionality?
Granted it may suck when your Internet is down for a day, but hell maybe they'll fix it at some later point in time to where they won't require the check anymore.
Time will tell.

Microsoft is actually capable of making certain issues better for customers? That's news to me.

How the tables have turned:evil:

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Inside this forum, all I see is BOOOO NEXTBOX GONNA FAIL SO HARD BOOOO.

But at Target today, I was at the electronics desk and literally was Bombarded with people asking if there was already a pre order for Xbox One, or people just buzzing about it.
I'm have no interest in the dimwittedness of the public at large. I can only make my own decisions and hope people will strive to be informed. The people flocking to the electronics desks are the same ones who think the 3DS and DS are the same systems.

I was open minded about this Xbox but I've lost my appetite for what Microsoft is serving. If other people are happy with losing power as consumers I will find like-minded people who are less thrilled to be taken advantage of, and purchase the system that appeals to our niche market. Sorry about the food stuff, it's lunch time here.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm have no interest in the dimwittedness of the public at large. I can only make my own decisions and hope people will strive to be informed. The people flocking to the electronics desks are the same ones who think the 3DS and DS are the same systems.

I was open minded about this Xbox but I've lost my appetite for what Microsoft is serving. If other people are happy with losing power as consumers I will find like-minded people who are less thrilled to be taken advantage of, and purchase the system that appeals to our niche market. Sorry about the food stuff, it's lunch time here.
But those people are the ones that make the most difference. They're the consumers. They determine whether a console does well or not based on whether they wanna buy it.
And you'd be surprised how informed these people are. They're gamers. Or they're regular people, that actually paid attention to the event and know the risks and stuff. They knew there may be "always online". But here's the thing.
They don't care.
It's like I said, most people that buy an Xbox, already have a live account or already have a stable Internet connection. Not everyone is a mindless idiot. We are all gamers and consumers.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But those people are the ones that make the most difference. They're the consumers. They determine whether a console does well or not based on whether they wanna buy it.
And you'd be surprised how informed these people are. They're gamers. Or they're regular people, that actually paid attention to the event and know the risks and stuff. They knew there may be "always online". But here's the thing.
They don't care.
It's like I said, most people that buy an Xbox, already have a live account or already have a stable Internet connection. Not everyone is a mindless idiot. We are all gamers and consumers.

My question to you is, how do you know that every Xbox 360 owner has a stable connection? I know some people who live in the boonies and only have dial up or satellite (both are equally bad). You can't assume that 100% of Xbox owners have a Live account or a stable/fast connection. But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm not afraid to admit that I'm wrong. I don't have to be right all the time ;)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question to you is, how do you know that every Xbox 360 owner has a stable connection? I know some people who live in the boonies and only have dial up or satellite (both are equally bad). You can't assume that 100% of Xbox owners have a Live account or a stable/fast connection. But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm not afraid to admit that I'm wrong. I don't have to be right all the time ;)
I never said I had to be right all the time either..?
I said earlier that Most everyone that has one has live. The only people I personally know that don't have one are people that hacked their xboxes.
It's like I said earlier as well, I know in some ways it may be unfair, but hey, gaming is a luxury. You don't have to buy it if you don't like it. No ones forcing anybody. You don't wanna buy it just because you may need to connect it, that's fine.
I'm just saying MOST people don't really care about that (most consumers anyway, since most people here at the temp are really iffy about it.)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said I had to be right all the time either..?
I said earlier that Most everyone that has one has live. The only people I personally know that don't have one are people that hacked their xboxes.
It's like I said earlier as well, I know in some ways it may be unfair, but hey, gaming is a luxury. You don't have to buy it if you don't like it. No ones forcing anybody. You don't wanna buy it just because you may need to connect it, that's fine.
I'm just saying MOST people don't really care about that (most consumers anyway, since most people here at the temp are really iffy about it.)

No, that's true. No one has to buy it, that's the beautiful thing about the economy, no one has to buy anything if it doesn't appeal to them. But you're right, most do have a Live account already, but our country needs a serious redo of the internet infrastructure. It's pretty inconsistent.

Reactions: chavosaur

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sony must be laughing it's ass out of this.

Weaker than PS4
Always Online
No backward compability
Charging for used games

Sony may just play safe and still beat X1.
It's early to say it, but I think we're going to see a new Sega.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony must be laughing it's ass out of this.

Weaker than PS4
Always Online
No backward compability
Charging for used games

Sony may just play safe and still beat X1.
It's early to say it, but I think we're going to see a new Sega.
Pretty sure Wii U is taking that spot.
Seeing as its weaker then BOTH of them.
Although I can admit XboxOne may be lacking hardware wise, it's not as big a difference as the wii u.
I mean, PS4 doesn't have Backwards compat either remember?
It hasn't been confirmed yet if PS4 needs to have always online yet.
And again, the gap is not that big power wise.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how people are judging the power on these unreleased consoles when we don't know the specifics of the processing units.

They're not, they're judging it based on some stupidly implemented "features".

Always online? Check
Pay fee to play used games? Check
No backwards compatabilty? Check

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be looking at videos and pics of cute foxes.

Reactions: hhs

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not, they're judging it based on some stupidly implemented "features".

Always online? Check
Pay fee to play used games? Check
No backwards compatabilty? Check

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be looking at videos and pics of cute foxes.
Oh no, I get those judgments, but seeing people calling the unreleased XBOX weaker than the unreleased Playstation and both being far superior to the Wii U... You'd think these people had Doctorates in Computer Engineering and worked for Microsoft and Playstation and have the inside scoop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: my face when i learn markdown