xbox not booting some games/programs

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by lcsaeteurn, Oct 10, 2008.

Oct 10, 2008
  1. lcsaeteurn
    OP

Newcomer lcsaeteurn Newbie

United States
    xbox not booting some games/programs
    I have a softmodded original xbox with a 100gb hdd with a few games/programs on it. I mainly use it for the XBMC. Anyway I have a few backups on the hard drive, DOA Ultimate will no longer boot on the HDD or the original disc. When I go into the game, it'll boot to a black screen and stay there. Most other games/programs will boot to a black screen also, and it doesn't matter if I'm booting the game from disc or hdd, they won't boot. A while back I had both UnleashX and Evox on it, but Evox stopped booting for some reason.

I've swapped out the IDE cable and the yellow dvdrom power cable, and checked the power cables for both the dvdrom and the hdd(only by sight). Everything else appears to be normal. I have a feeling it's the motherboard, but please tell me if there are any suggestions on what the problem may be and how to fix it. PLEASE HELP!

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    For me it is usually a region issue that does this. Assuming you have a US xbox there is usually little reason to change it though.

First check the settings in XBMC (not sure what skin you use but it is usually somewhere in video options).
    If that does not work find a copy of Enigmah video switcher (if you have a copy of autoinstaller deluxe it should be in the menu).

Also what about other homebrew apps?

3. lcsaeteurn
    OP

Newcomer lcsaeteurn Newbie

United States
    it's not a region issue, I've got a u.s. xbox with a u.s. game, and the video mode and xbox region is set to NTSC. There are a few games that won't boot, but the two that I can recall are: Dead or Alive Ultimate and Mortal Kombat Armageddon, both are original NTSC retail, dead or alive comes with two discs, neither one will boot from hdd either. My other games are fine.

4. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    i think you need to put a new bios loader on your harddrive.

doau was a problem game i remember.