Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MadClaw said:
How much do you pay for a decent gaming computer, and How much do you pay for an Xbox 360. eoc. >_>
depends on what your standards are for the computer .
but umm... the Xbox 360 is priced at $300 .

you could probably get some used P4 computer then throw in an old gfx card for $50. overall, you'd be paying slightly more than a Xbox 360 but have a more versatile system ;P

at times i regret getting an Xbox ,
but i got it to communicate with friends .
it's a way to have fun and talk to people at the same time .
i chose not to get PS3 cause the people i knew who had it were pretty ...
try hard .

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my post was flamey?
unsure.gif

i was just saying how valve gave free updates and microsoft wants money, just like every other post... w/e i'll just leave this thread now

oh, but before I do:
psnsteam.jpg

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
my post was flamey?
unsure.gif

i was just saying how valve gave free updates and microsoft wants money, just like every other post... w/e i'll just leave this thread now

oh, but before I do:*snip*
You told me to go die in a fire because I said the PS3 doesn't have any games I want. Not that I'm mad or anything, because I'm told that at least twice on every forum.
Nah. But no hard feelings, lol

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe they'll port a gigantic update for TF2 for PS3 when Steamworks for PS3 comes out?

That's just wishful thinking though. Oh well.

It'll be better for future Steam games on PS3. Can't wait.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
Maybe they'll port a gigantic update for TF2 for PS3 when Steamworks for PS3 comes out?

Lolno. Valve doesn't give a shit about TF2 on consoles. It's a PC game at it's heart. Nothing wrong with that but it's just obvious.

Ugh, Valve likes doubling back on their statements. One minute they're all "Go Microsoft! Go Xbox!" and next thing they're like "Boo Microsoft! Boo Xbox! I LOVE SONY!"

Valve, just stick to making good games and not from dumb comments.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DarkWay said:
Maikel Steneker said:
It's like Newell can never say anything without exaggerating a lot. Yes, the PS3 is hard to program for, but that doesn't mean it's a disaster and Sony should just start over. Yes, Sony has a better policy when it comes to free DLC and overall "openness" (Epic can confirm that as well), but that doesn't mean Xbox Live is anything near bad.

Xbox Live is crap end of discussion.
Microsoft = greedy bastards they give extremely little for free.

If the Game Developers want to release game content for free for the fans that have already bought there game(s) then they should be able to do whatever the hell they want with it, afterall it's THEIR content THEY made it not Microsoft.

The only reason Microsoft is so popular (and yet seemingly unpopular) is because they have enough money to throw around to decorate things that are utter crap with a coating of prettiness.
finally someone who i can agree with in here

iGotTheSmores

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valve will probably keep TF2 updated for the PC, I think they have given up on patching the console versions. It would take much work to increment those patches now. I am hoping some good to come out of Steamworks, but you never know. PS3 is nice with its free online service (Even though its PS+ business model is BS), I'm hoping that Sony beefs up its online services, like party chat type stuff when they release the avatar dealy later on. I am just fed up on pay for live, and not playing it as much as I would play TF2 or CS:S on Steam. I can definitely tell you, I've poured 150 bucks or more into XBL, and got maybe 60-70 dollars of time/enjoyment out of it. I rather just play it offline for the exclusives and leave my online play with Steam, PSN, and my Wii.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Cablephish said:

Lolno. Valve doesn't give a shit about TF2 on consoles. It's a PC game at it's heart. Nothing wrong with that but it's just obvious.

Ugh, Valve likes doubling back on their statements. One minute they're all "Go Microsoft! Go Xbox!" and next thing they're like "Boo Microsoft! Boo Xbox! I LOVE SONY!"

Valve, just stick to making good games and not from dumb comments.
No, they're just stating that Xbox Live isn't as open as the PSN, they aren't taking sides for or against any consoles.

It's just a damn shame that Xbox Live isn't as accommodating is all.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I love how video game company topics get more flaming done in them than religion-related topics.

If you like Steam so much, go play some of those awesome, radical indie games on it, or maybe TF2 that's so great!

If you like Xbox Live so much, go play an FPS game with your friends, or maybe go on Facebook from your Xbox, which is obviously so cool!.

If you like PSN so much, go play LittleBigPlanet or whatever it is you PS3 owners play (I don't have one, so I can't really judge), and watch some Blu-Ray movies or whatever.

I'm not a fanboy, as I have a 360 and a lot of games, including all the FPS games everyone plays, like Halo 3, MW2, etc.. I also have a few Steam games, like Portal, L4D1 and 2, so I'm not hating there either. I can't judge PSN, because like I said, I don't have a PS3.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
TDWP FTW said:
maybe go on Facebook from your Xbox, which is obviously so cool!.
hey guess what you can do that on the pc and SHOCK it's FREE!
QUOTE(TDWP FTW @ Sep 10 2010, 04:25 PM) as I have a 360 and a lot of games, including all the FPS games everyone plays
you mean the ONLY type of game that's on the 360 to play? plus you have pay to play the multiplayer mode on a disc you you already bought and that's if the fucking useless thing doesn't rrod on you while your playing. And as valve have said there's little or no updates or FREE DLC.
tongue.gif

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
TDWP FTW said:
maybe go on Facebook from your Xbox, which is obviously so cool!.
hey guess what you can do that on the pc and SHOCK it's FREE!
QUOTE(TDWP FTW @ Sep 10 2010, 04:25 PM) as I have a 360 and a lot of games, including all the FPS games everyone plays
you mean the ONLY type of game that's on the 360 to play? plus you have pay to play the multiplayer mode on a disc you you already bought and that's if the fucking useless thing doesn't rrod on you while your playing. And as valve have said there's little or no updates or FREE DLC.
tongue.gif
I was being sarcastic about the Facebook thing. I know it's stupid, which is why I don't use it.
rolleyes.gif

It seems that even though I wasn't being fanboyish about anything, someone like you, who obviously is a fanboy, has to put in their 2 cents about why XBL just blows. I agree that having to pay for online is stupid, but when you have stuff like cross-game voice chat (HURR DURR PS3 IS GETTING IT SOON! Yeah, wasn't that supposed to happen at launch?), indie games (There are a lot of great ones out there), and great XBLA games as well (Castle Crashers, Monday Night Combat, etc.), it's worth it.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
I was being sarcastic about the Facebook thing. I know it's stupid, which is why I don't use it.
rolleyes.gif

It seems that even though I wasn't being fanboyish about anything, someone like you, who obviously is a fanboy, has to put in their 2 cents about why XBL just blows. I agree that having to pay for online is stupid, but when you have stuff like cross-game voice chat (HURR DURR PS3 IS GETTING IT SOON! Yeah, wasn't that supposed to happen at launch?), indie games (There are a lot of great ones out there), and great XBLA games as well (Castle Crashers, Monday Night Combat, etc.), it's worth it.
The only thing I hate is the price hike coming soon. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying. After all, this money eventually improves the console... right?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
TDWP FTW said:
I agree that having to pay for online is stupid, but when you have stuff like cross-game voice chat
Games for Windows – Live has that and it's FREE
smileipb2.png
Can you hook your Computer up to a 50 inch flat screen (with out of the box hook ups) and still play with the same precision of a keyboard and mouse set up. There are some things that computers just can't imitate properly. For everything else, there are consoles.

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
TDWP FTW said:
I agree that having to pay for online is stupid, but when you have stuff like cross-game voice chat
smileipb2.png
No, that's private chat. You can do private chat on XBL for free too.

Sure, it's technically cross-game, but party chat is, oh, I don't know, a lot better. Why is that you may ask? Because you can talk to more than ONE PERSON.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sterl500 said:
Bladexdsl said:
TDWP FTW said:
smileipb2.png
Can you hook your Computer up to a 50 inch flat screen (with out of the box hook ups) and still play with the same precision of a keyboard and mouse set up.
yes i can vid card has a hdmi input
tongue.gif
and i hope your not trying to say a shitty analog stick is more responsive than a mouse and KB??! ZOMG LMFAO!!!!

i've tried to explain/educate you on how stupid it is to pay to use all the crap on XBL when it really is FREE on the pc but thread is full of idiots have fun wasting $60 paying for 2 internet connections
rofl2.gif

--- END OF LINE---

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Sterl500 said:
Bladexdsl said:
TDWP FTW said:
smileipb2.png

Can you hook your Computer up to a 50 inch flat screen (with out of the box hook ups) and still play with the same precision of a keyboard and mouse set up.
tongue.gif
and i hope your not trying to say a shitty analog stick is more responsive than a mouse and KB??! ZOMG LMFAO!!!!
Are the WASD keys pressure sensitive? No, didn't think so. Analog sticks can be used to determine more than direction. The 360 and PS3 analog sticks also have it so you can push down on the stick, and that can act as a button in itself.

have fun wasting $60 paying for 2 internet connections
rofl2.gif
Have fun wasting $200+ 500+ upgrading your computer every so often!
rofl2.gif

Clearly you'd rather spend $500 on a video card than just buying a damn console for less than $200 and playing on there. I also love how anti-Microsoft gamers like you just say it's $60. 1) You can pay either monthly, for 3 months, or of course, a whole year + 1 free month. I've never bought a year subscription, and I probably never will. I just renew for 3 months when my subscription is up.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Sterl500 said:
Bladexdsl said:
TDWP FTW said:
smileipb2.png

tongue.gif

i've tried to explain/educate you on how stupid it is to pay to use all the crap on XBL when it really is FREE on the pc but thread is full of idiots have fun wasting $60 paying for 2 internet connections
rofl2.gif

--- END OF LINE---
How far do you end up from said flat screen? I highly doubt you can connect your tv to the computer and be at a comfortable distance to play with a mouse and keyboard. Even if they are wireless, you have to have a hard surface to place and play efficiently. If you are forced to use a controller, I think you would be better off buying a console that is a dedicated platform with everything installed and ready to go out of the box.
wink.gif

QUOTE(TDWP FTW @ Sep 10 2010, 01:29 AM)
I've never bought a year subscription, and I probably never will. I just renew for 3 months when my subscription is up.
For the record $60 a year does not equal a an equivalently priced internet connection... which is always re billed per month. In the long run $60 a year is cheaper than the 3 month plan. Unless of course you get rid of consoles easily, then temporary plans are the way to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.