Xbox Games Showcase date announced

xbox games show.PNG
Xbox's anticipated games showcase event is happening soon! The official Xbox Twitter account made the announcement via a new tweet. This July 23rd, tune in on YouTube/Twitch at 9am PT for the event's stream! A Summer Game Fest pre-show event hosted by Geoff Keighley will take place at 8am on YouTube.

Expect next-gen, as well as Xbox One titles, to be displayed. What game are you most excited about?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I hope this is going to be better then they're last showing. Allot of people were not impressed, even going as far as to say it doesn't look very next-gen. I'm inclined to agree, after seeing what Sony unveiled at they're event for the PS5, Microsoft needs to step up there game. And, I hope they do, I love Xbox as much as I love the PS and Nintendo, I know they can do better.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I love overbudgeted games that then get a release price of $70.
Bring them on, boys!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I hope this is going to be better then they're last showing. Allot of people were not impressed, even going as far as to say it doesn't look very next-gen. I'm inclined to agree, after seeing what Sony unveiled at they're event for the PS5, Microsoft needs to step up there game. And, I hope they do, I love Xbox as much as I love the PS and Nintendo, I know they can do better.

I normally wouldn't, but four in one post and I have to say something. Not to be rude but please brush up on your usage of they're/there/their. It is just very simple common grammar. It's also "better than", not "better then". And "a lot", rather than "allot". :)

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't impressed by Sony either, they only didnt crash and burn because Microsoft set the bar so low.

It's still early days and if anyone was going to make decent first party games it would be Nintnedo, but then Sony aswell, I suppose. I feel their first party games have been getting worse with time, but maybe that's just me.

I'm glad Microsoft are allowing their studios to actually make games, ones of abysmal quality too, but I don't want generic clones, I want unique and / or high quality games. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
definitely not watching this
i've wrote sticky notes that had more effort put into them than this logo

microsoft presentations are usually super stupid anyway
at e3 they make the first presentation just so they can hog the trailer for all the uninteresting games no one cares about and cram them into what feels like a parody informercial.
it feels like a never ending rain of gray and brown pew pew pew games ( aka gritty games for kids ) blending into each other until you're not sure if it's the 10th or 100th shooting game trailer on screen
W O R L D P R E M I E R E ringing in your ears for days because they put it before every single fart on stage

can't wait for those 2 seconds of joy between trailers where they show a single 324x240 256 colors .jpg of banjo kazooie before jumping to the second half where they show sports games alongside shooting for some *refreshing* diversity, on all the genres the xbox can offer.

it's like that fake commercial in woody woodpecker where they criticize the lack of variety of shows on tv....
it says there's something on tv for every one in the family, but in the end all the tv had was western movies.

edit:
I forgot to mention the long winded self help speeches full of buzzwords before "big" reveals, like, as if being a gamer was some kind of horrible condition and they're helping you to cope with it but they still look down on you for it so they talk in a condescending tone.
it's how i imagine school counseling is in those pepsi sponsored schools of the future from the simpsons.

don't worry little timmy, gaming makes you powerful, you see, you create worlds and you have power to change your own destiny, you don't live only one live you live many, because you're a force to be reckoned with

Last edited by Deleted member 532471,

Espen84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I normally wouldn't, but four in one post and I have to say something. Not to be rude but please brush up on your usage of they're/there/their. It is just very simple common grammar. It's also "better than", not "better then". And "a lot", rather than "allot". :)

Not everybody have English as their naitiv language, so if you feel the need to bash someone for their grammar maybe u should think about that. I would love to see it skills in Norwegian grammar. Pliz, so I can bash on on your grammar skills

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

at e3 they make the first presentation just so they can hog the trailer for all the uninteresting games no one cares about and cram them into what feels like a parody informercial.
it feels like a never ending rain of gray and brown pew pew pew games ( aka gritty games for kids ) blending into each other until you're not sure if it's the 10th or 100th shooting game trailer on screen
W O R L D P R E M I E R E ringing in your ears for days because they put it before every single fart on stage

can't wait for those 2 seconds of joy between trailers where they show a single 324x240 256 colors .jpg of banjo kazooie before jumping to the second half where they show sports games alongside shooting for some *refreshing* diversity, on all the genres the xbox can offer.

it's like that fake commercial in woody woodpecker where they criticize the lack of variety of shows on tv....
it says there's something on tv for every one in the family, but in the end all the tv had was western movies.

What an applaud worthy, thoroughly accurate, much more enjoyable version of what I wanted to say. Spoken like a scholar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect a boring presentation that shows nothing worth getting excited about, as usual. And anything good they MIGHT show will almost certainly also come to PC. Why do people still get Xboxes again?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
were talking about gaming

if you spend $2000 to play video games well... all the power to you

If you spend $1000 to be able to play all of the games you already own because local BC is not an expectation anymore, all the power to you.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$1000?

lol...

what? i don't have to pay anything to play any of my xbox games on the series x

O rly? And how about the ones that aren't BC? You will have to own the 360/OG Xbox to play those!

What, you want to play a PS3 game that hasn't been re-mastered or got an enhanced port on PS4? Better have that on hand!

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry gotta disagree with you here. PS5 presentation was kinda lame only games I found interesting was GT7 and also the new Horizion game but both of those games come out in 2021.I'm interested in seeing what Microsoft is going to bring to the table. We still know nothing about the PS5 and we already know that the series-X is going to be BC wiith legacy 360 games and xbox game. If Microsoft have good launch titles they are going to start off good. To my knowedge the only launch title for PS5 that is worthy is spiderman.

Reactions: Cortador

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
were talking about gaming

if you spend $2000 to play video games well... all the power to you

There are co related things people buy a pc for related to gaming, but not directly to it.

One would be that a PC doesn't require a separate capture card in order to record all footage of whats happening on the device, and has all the software behind it to do so by itself. For consoles, all of the add-ons is an additional cost. Other included benefits on PC is a significantly larger F2P game database. Other things that are more mainstays in PC gaming is modding culture, wider genre of titles, and deeper cuts in sales(and dlc cost sales as well, due to consoles value is used games, DLC goes on sale much less often on console than on PC)

Consoles are basically barebones in the most case, where additional features are paid DLC. Want to play online on a game you paid money for, pay a fee. Want to keep a game you got for free? pay a fee. It's much cheaper in short term, but slowly gets more expensive the more you want to do with it. As previous devices start to either have limited support, or do not work for future devices.

Consoles are cheap because most(not all) consoles are sold at a loss. The switch for example is a console being sold at profit. They make their money by subscription purchases and selling some software, assuming its community is large enough.

Last edited by GBADWB,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real