xbox bricked

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by popchym, Apr 16, 2009.

1. popchym
    OP

popchym Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Hi all,
    I tried to softmod my xbox and I am screwed on it. So now when I turned it on the is the Microsoft warning about the xbox need to go to service. Can anyone help me with direction what I should do to fix it.

Thanks

2. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    It would probably help if you gave a little more details about what you did, which programs you used and if you deviated at all from a standard installation routine.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Softmod huh. While I agree with xist that we would appreciate some more info:
    My guess is you did not copy both files of the softmod, there is one small file that triggers the hack and another that is the actual installer/base files.
    A standard copy tends to only select the first file for whatever reason.

Failing that grab something called slayer's evox auto install.

Failing that:
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=167408

4. ipwned

ipwned Banned

Banned
    Apr 16, 2009
    Canada
    Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Apr 28 2009, 06:25 PM.

5. godsakes

godsakes GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2007
    try to play a game which has an update (even things the star wars 3 bonus DVD has a demo for battlefront which will update your xbox, i know because i unwittingly wiped my softmod by playing it LOL) - if you can get it to update it will restore the xbox to it's normal state then you can redo the softmod

i would recommend downloading a copy of the AID disc, once you've got the softmod installed run it and it'll do the hard work of installing xbmc and emulators/programs

6. IOS37

IOS37 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2008
    United States
    wow softmods suck
    TSOP=

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice