Gaming Xbox 360 Rapid Fire Controller

Shadowluigi323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way i can make one without opening the Xbox360 or Buy it, but not for a freaking $100 Thats way too much... So yea either make one without opening the Controller or Somwhere where they would sell it for not that much about $50

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Barring some mechanical device ( http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=icsDptr7Umw ) to press the button you are looking at tweaking the signals, USB wired and wireless adapter for PC but I am not sure of the xbox protocols (USB device with extra drivers means all bets are off as far as a standard is concerned).

Were I MS I would encode (as in send a packet, maybe interrupt based but more likely timed intervals), this means you are looking at a complex recoding device similar to this:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1RE_s_X0Cac

You best bet in my opinion is to open up the controller (I know you said no but it really is the only simple way), from what I recall it is a simple mechanical PTM switch following basic signal theory (high, low and a forbidden gap as far as voltage goes*). A simple 555 timer or even an oscillator (3 NOT gates in serial output of third feeding input of first, transistor running off 3rd output) would do here.
If you are in an especially old school electronics mood a relay connected to a timer circuit could even work.

*triggers are an exception here, I guess resistance and corresponding zoning of trigger rather than a rotary switch.

Shadowluigi323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would open it but i can't solder so thats the problem and i dont wanna use Electric tape inside a controller, also drilling the hole for the Button. It sounds a bit hard, the thing i need help on is Soldering and Where to get the Gauge Wire.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated