Xbox 360 or PS3?

ebdynasty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, my birthday is coming up soon and I need help deciding whether I should get an Xbox 360 or a PS3. I currently have a Wii which I don't really care about so yeah. I don't have a hdtv at the moment but I hope to get one soon and im wondering if there is a huge difference in graphics between the consoles with or without hd. With the last gen, I was more of a Sony fan than Microsoft and to be honest, seeing a PS3 in my room would just feel better than a 360, but my problem is that I want to get a console for the gameplay, especially online.

My main concern is that if I get a 360, Sony will begin to take advantage of the PS3 and release awesome exclusive games that the 360 wouldn't be able to handle.

Keeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you can only get one, my personal opinion is go for the Xbox 360.

If what you are after is gameplay & online, 360 has a better online service, but you do have to pay for it, but its not a huge amount in reality for what you are getting.

In terms of games, there most likely will be some huge games for PS3 down the track that may not come out on 360, such as the God of War 3, but if you want to start playing great games now, there is a lot more to choose from on 360, some of which you will never be able to play on PS3.

That's my 2c anyway.

ebdynasty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well to be honest, I love both gameplay and graphics, and great online service is a bonus. However I am not really into games like God of War, let me give a short list of games I like, should give you an idea

Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Dragonball Z
Counter Strike Source, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty
GTA, Saints Row
WWE Smackdown vs Raw, Fight Night
Prince of Persia
Need For Speed... etc

Keeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For graphics, I don't think the difference between the two systems will be that extreme. And judging by your list of games, you would probably enjoy Gears of War 1 & 2, which are absolutely stunning and are only on 360. Left 4 Dead is also just for 360 as far as I know (besides PC). Then there are a bunch of others like Halo 3 and Crackdown (awesome fun game, plays a bit like a super powered GTA only not as deep and a bit short)

There is Resistance 1 & 2 on PS3, and Killzone 2 is coming soon for it, but again, I don't recommend getting a machine based on what will be coming, because there is no way of telling if it will live up to expectations (I have made that mistake in the past)

All the other games you mentioned you can get on both consoles

ebdynasty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, gotta love Gears of War although I only played 1 on PC, still had a fantastic experience. I could have gotten either of these consoles a while ago if I hadn't gone for the Wii thinking it would make gameplay much better, sadly I was mistaken
frown.gif

If I do get a 360, I would like to get an Elite mainly because it just looks better than the white console, but im wondering if I do get the 60GB console, does it come with an extra wireless pad and a headset?

Keeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here in Australia, the only differences between the Elite & Pro bundles (besides the colour) is the larger HDD (120GB vs 60GB) and a HDMI cable comes with the Elite. Only 1 wireless controller per system.

They may have different deals going there in the UK. At the moment, they have a deal here where you also get a couple of bonus games with em too.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup. Just like Keeper said, the 360 is the way to go. Good choice for getting the Elite, if you are getting the 360. I just got the 60GB + Lips for £170. Considering the VAT price drop, you might even save a fiver for the Elite. So far, I haven't heard of a mass outbreak of RRoDs in 60GB 360 consoles. Hopefully, I won't get it.

Anyways, there are obvious reasons why the 360 beats the PS3. Bigger game library, better graphics in some games, better online, nifty features, NXE, really good game exclusives, etc.

Main reason I got a 360 is because I've had enough of the limited features of Guitar Hero games on the Wii so I got the 360 to get those missing pieces of the puzzle.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I woud go for the 360's online fps games...Call of duty and Halo 3 ^^
Also, good games such as oblivion, fable 2, and bioshock
tongue.gif

I am pretty sure these aren't exclusive but they sure are good games to play on the 360 system.

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
My main concern is that if I get a 360, Sony will begin to take advantage of the PS3 and release awesome exclusive games that the 360 wouldn't be able to handle.

I wouldn't worry developers who want to sell big games will make them for 360 and port to PS3 because of the massive market share the 360 holds. Sony made a big boob when they made the PS3 soo expensive and also hellishly difficult to program properly.

QUOTESo far, I haven't heard of a mass outbreak of RRoDs in 60GB 360 consoles.

Wouldn't call it a mass outbreak but my friend had a RRoD on his new elite 3 weeks after he got it. I've had a RRoD too but mine was a second hand still under warranty so no biggie. Just keep it well ventilated and don't leave it running if your not using it
wink.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
ebdynasty said:
Hey guys, my birthday is coming up soon and I need help deciding whether I should get an Xbox 360 or a PS3. I currently have a Wii which I don't really care about so yeah. I don't have a hdtv at the moment but I hope to get one soon and im wondering if there is a huge difference in graphics between the consoles with or without hd. With the last gen, I was more of a Sony fan than Microsoft and to be honest, seeing a PS3 in my room would just feel better than a 360, but my problem is that I want to get a console for the gameplay, especially online.

Get a 360 Elite like I am for xmas, and seeing as you are worried about the looks, get a 360 Elite it has a bigger hard drive and a few different things but it is black like a ps3.

In short GET A 360!?

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea i would go with the 360 cause the ps3 this gen = fail it has a few good things on it but nothing compared to all the great games on the 360 and even if the ps3 starts to get anything good it prolly be out for the 360 too since they seem to get every game the ps3 does lol

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I would go for the Xbox360 if you're more into gaming and multiplayer stuff
If you also wanna go buy alot of BR movies and gaming is more a second thing, then i would consider a PS3.

I do own a Xbox360 and enjoy it, I also consider buying a PS3, only for the ability to play BR movies and sure the gaming on it is a nice extra.
Recently my dvd player broke down, so why not upgrade the whole thing to BR, i do own a lcd tv with hd capability, so why not enjoy it to the fullest
smile.gif

After reading alot about BR it seems the PS3 is one of the better BR players, wo i can aswell buy the PS3 instead of a standalone BR player.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
unless you're panning to take advantage of the PS3's blu ray player or PSP streaming etc...

then i'd say the 360 is a no brainer, cheaper, more games, better online service (abeit not free)

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
360 unless you really want a blueray player and love metal gear. Id get a PS3 but I already own a 360 and wii, and I just cant justify getting one. 360 has the best online multiplayer service too if thats your thing.

ebdynasty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help everyone, looks like the 360 is the way to go unless someone really convinces me to get a PS3, but now im only worried about how often the console would break down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1