Xbox 360 controller issue

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Fudge, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Fudge
    OP

Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

Banned
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    New York
    I'm having an issue with my 360 controller. Sometimes, when I clicked in or move the left analog stick, or even just shake the controller, it registers as me pressing LT. It's really annoying, I'll be sprinting in Black Ops when all of the sudden I'll scope in and stop. Is there any way to fix this?

2. darkreaperofdrea

darkreaperofdrea GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 27, 2010
    Mexico
    Batcave pl0x
    maybe it's dust that got into your controller,open it and clean it...or buy a new one

3. Fudge
    OP

Banned
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    New York
    I just ordered a T8H screwdriver. Hopefully I'll be able to fix, I really don't wanna buy a new controller.

4. Joktan

Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2010
    United States
    In a big mansion...in Rancoon
    Is it a legit xbox 360 controller?my brother had one of those afterglow controllers and it had the same problems as you are describing.I have an afterglow and no problems,but I am just saying that might be it.

5. Fudge
    OP

Banned
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    New York
    It's an official one. Anyway, I got the screwdriver today. From what I can tell, the reason why it's doing what it's doing is the "sensor" that detects the pressure of the left trigger is loose and is getting contact too easily. My question is now, how can I tighten it?

6. 7daysget

7daysget Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    Switzerland
    try to change the spring